[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Aug 29, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #2,401 of 2,559
Do you have a link from this year, 2023, to sustain your claim regarding Samsung not supporting QHS? Do you have a link for what you say, that this tech is disabled in the processor? If not, please stop spreading false claims. What you say sounds incomprehensible.
Do you really very want QHS to be in the Samsung?
Of course, Samsung does not directly claim that there is no QHS, but indirectly it can be understood. Try to find Samsung here:

https://www.aptx.com/product-listing?aptx_type=766

There are almost all smartphones with processors that support QHS. Except Samsung. It does not even have aptx HD and aptX adaptive, but you can have any opinion, even that there is QHS, because this is also not confirmed by a link from this year, 2023.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #2,402 of 2,559
Dear friend,

For the first problem, you could try to switch to 330kbps/660kbps to see whether it helps.
As for 2/3, you could check whether the issue keeps happpening. If yes, please try to contact the seller or support@fiio.com for help.

Best regards
Thank you the response @FiiO, but 330kbps/660kbps LDAC configuration only stays configured until the next session.
I need to configure it again every time I take out UTWS5 out of the box.
Not so useful workaround for me. I will stick with APTX until the LDAC+Galaxy S23 issue will be resolved.

Aug 29, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #2,403 of 2,559
Aha! Thank you for confirming!
So, I do not see any reason why the UTWS5 can work flawlessly on the Z Fold4/5 and not on the S23 Ultra.

I can see that you own both the GO Pod and the UTWS5, is this correct?
If so, what is your experience? Does the FiiO experimental LDAC 990/909kbps work flawlessly on your Z Fold5 now?
Which device gives you the best experience? The GO Pod or the UTWS5, while using LDAC 990/909kbps?

For me, it's definitely the GO Pod. The sound quality is better, too. This is why I've stopped using the UTWS5 for music listening.
my own experience is the connection of go pod is more stable in LDAC. If i used utws5 on the street in LDAC, the connection got choppy once in a while.

for sound quality, frankly i didnt find major difference between the two and i could easily live with either one. go pod seems a bit warmer and more bass (similar to my feeling for go blu vs btr7). but again such difference is very very small to my ears and not a deciding factor for me to pick either one. btw, go pod seems having more power if you need that extra bit of power; i myself find utws5 adequate for all my iems (i maxed out my phone vol to 150 and adjust the vol of utws5). now i'm listening to fw10000 with utws5 and more than happy :relaxed:

Aug 29, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #2,406 of 2,559
Aug 29, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #2,408 of 2,559
Thank you the response @FiiO, but 330kbps/660kbps LDAC configuration only stays configured until the next session.
I need to configure it again every time I take out UTWS5 out of the box.
Not so useful workaround for me. I will stick with APTX until the LDAC+Galaxy S23 issue will be resolved.
This is a thing for any device. The Fiio app will remember your codec, but Android itself will automatically select the highest available bitrate, unless you create profiles using Bluetooth Codec Changer, and set it to auto-switch (auto-switch is only available in the paid version).

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #2,411 of 2,559
Anyone suffering from stuttering or other artifacts, you can increase 990kbs stability by reducing bit depth from 32 to 24 in developer settings.

Aug 31, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #2,412 of 2,559
Anyone suffering from stuttering or other artifacts, you can increase 990kbs stability by reducing bit depth from 32 to 24 in developer settings.
Format (96/32 or 4424....) is not a problem. Bitrate (990) is. It is difficult to guarantee stability on this bitrate in real using scenarios. It is more handy to set 660. The problem isn't UTWS5 specific.

Aug 31, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #2,413 of 2,559
Format (96/32 or 4424....) is not a problem. Bitrate (990) is. It is difficult to guarantee stability on this bitrate in real using scenarios. It is more handy to set 660. The problem isn't UTWS5 specific.
I get stable 990 bitrate, with 24/96, the telephone (fold3) is normally next to me (in my pocket or bandolero bag) I can’t vouch for several hours as my use profile is about 3 hours max with very rare exceptions. As I have said before, dense wifi locations are very detrimental, some times while passing terraced homes, I get the dreaded stutter and noise, but it goes away once I reach the park or other open spaces. At home is fine. The M17 is only stable at 660.
we must all remember that the implementation of LDAC is only experimental, we can’t expect it to work flawlessly.

Sep 1, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #2,414 of 2,559
It should be noted here that in most headphones, where LDAС is even declared stable, it works exactly the same, 660 with interruptions, for example, 1More evo, which I had. If the opportunity presents itself, try a phone with the declared snapdragon sound, you will be very surprised, there will be no interruptions at 990.
There has already been a lot of evidence for this in this thread. With my new Xiaomi 12, it's game over.

Sep 1, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #2,415 of 2,559
It should be noted here that in most headphones, where LDAС is even declared stable, it works exactly the same, 660 with interruptions, for example, 1More evo, which I had. If the opportunity presents itself, try a phone with the declared snapdragon sound, you will be very surprised, there will be no interruptions at 990.
There has already been a lot of evidence for this in this thread. With my new Xiaomi 12, it's game over.
Gonna need a phone like that with CDMA here in the USA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back