[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Jan 21, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #1,786 of 2,559
Latest Fiio Control 3.7 app was available straight from the Google Play store for me. Works fine with the supplied 1.5 firmware 👍
Apple App Store has the latest version. Not so in google play.
I download it from FiiO website and found the google version to be unstable.
Also, I don’t recommend installing firmware1.5 the sound (at least with my FH9’s) is horrible with all codecs. So much so, I downgraded back to 1.42.

Jan 21, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #1,787 of 2,559
Apple App Store has the latest version. Not so in google play.
I download it from FiiO website and found the google version to be unstable.
Also, I don’t recommend installing firmware1.5 the sound (at least with my FH9’s) is horrible with all codecs. So much so, I downgraded back to 1.42.

That's odd. No audible differences here using aptX (all thats available for us Samsung users).

Firmware and Android app have been rock solid stable as well in past couple days of using the earhooks about 6-7 hours a day.

Jan 21, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #1,788 of 2,559
That's odd. No audible differences here using aptX (all thats available for us Samsung users).

Firmware and Android app have been rock solid stable as well in past couple days of using the earhooks about 6-7 hours a day.
I paired v1.5 with the M17 (LHDC), IPad Pro (AAC) and Fold3 (aptX). All returning significantly deteriorated sound quality when compared to v1.42.
With FH9’s attached to the UTWS-5 , V1.5 introduces a terribly metallízed signature across the spectrum that sounds holly unnatural. I have 2 pairs of FH9’s ( titanium and black) and both returned the same result.
The V1.5 update took a whooping 30 minutes, only to disappoint me in the worse possible way.
FC v3.7 for android crashed randomly and I was unable to upgrade/downgrade the UTWS firmware. iOS. Version worked as it should.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023 at 4:17 AM Post #1,789 of 2,559
I am still not getting the updated FiiO Control App version when I search for updates in the Play Store. Android 12, POCO F2 Pro.

Jan 22, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #1,791 of 2,559
I don't understand, have you guys received the FiiO Control App update via the Google Play Store for Android? Or, have you installed the APK and the firmware given on the links posted here?

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #1,792 of 2,559
Update: After fiddle with LHDC settings, looks like i found something new.
+88kHz 24bits 500/560kbps okay (have static noise)
+96kHz 24bits max 400kbps, 500/560 not working (no static noise)
900kbps option will not doing anything, and will revert back immediately.
My Xiaomi 12S Ultra support LHDC v3/v4.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #1,794 of 2,559
Google Play Store still havent push v3.7 yet, so you have manually install v3.7 apk.
No, thank you, FiiO's works are already pretty fragile, I would not like to play with fire.

Jan 23, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #1,795 of 2,559
Screenshot_20230122_224403_Google Play Store.jpg

Here in Canada, Play Store has had it since the 16th apparently.

Jan 23, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #1,796 of 2,559
Anyone else notice that while the latest version of the FiiO Control allows for PEQ, there is no way to save the EQ presets meaning you have manually to set it every time you close / open the app? Maybe I am just missing something.

It would be great to have the app save EQ settings in the next interation of the app.

@FiiO @FiiO Willson

Jan 23, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #1,797 of 2,559
So far using JH 13 freq phase ciems very good sound liquid
the bass does seem a bit Bloaded
But it’s tidal. The eq fixes it so I wonder why I need the eq
Possible imp mismatch or ciem interaction back to amp
Now sound once fixed is layered
I can hear low end details above any true wireless ear buds I feel
ambient is a waist lol
Has anybody managed to get multipoint working
It connects to both phones but only one works
I am on latest firmware 1.5 and FiiO control ?

Jan 27, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #1,798 of 2,559
Had to return my UTWS5 for the second time today because one of the charging pins stopped popping up and remains stuck down not making contact. Exact same problem as on my first set (though that was a different pin). I sincerely hope I just managed to get 2 from a batch with dodgy springs and can finally get one that will be reliable.
faulty-UTWS5.jpg
I haven't spilt anything on them and am always careful when putting the hooks in the case, only pressing down lightly to ensure the arms are in place. Both sets became quite finicky over charging after a couple of weeks and would require multiple insertions to get both indicators lit, so maybe that was a related issue.

Got my replacement back from AdvancedMP3Players yesterday. They swapped out the charging case for one they had that works properly.
The difference is very noticeable. Instead of having to fiddle around repeatedly placing the hooks back in the case they connect at once and start charging. Makes me think that I managed to get two from a bad batch that had deeper problems with the charging pins.

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #1,799 of 2,559
@FiiO , @FiiO Willson

I live in the UK and I have not yet received any updates for the FiiO Control App or the latest firmware for my UTWS5s. At least one user from Canada has already received the updates, officially. When I check for updates on the Google Play Store there is nothing.

When are we going to receive the update over here?

Jan 30, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #1,800 of 2,559
@FiiO , @FiiO Willson

I live in the UK and I have not yet received any updates for the FiiO Control App or the latest firmware for my UTWS5s. At least one user from Canada has already received the updates, officially. When I check for updates on the Google Play Store there is nothing.

When are we going to receive the update over here?
We have confirmed the availability of FiiO Contol APP for V3.7 on Google Play, don't you have it now?

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back