[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Feb 28, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #961 of 2,559
Excuse me, are you referring to the Qudelix-5K? My experience is that, whereas I can listen to my UTWS5 when my phone is downstairs and I am upstairs, with my 5K there is no spot in my 2 store property that I'm losing connection, no matter where my phone is. LDAC fixed at 990 in the 5K, aptX Adaptive on the UTWS5. Amazon HD + Qobuz.
yes, that is correct. i have the BT dongle that everyone recommends on my PC and when i walk to the bathroom at work, the brt5 cut out so much i could almost not listen to any music. the 5k has static, but the utws5 has 0 interference.

Feb 28, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #962 of 2,559
how does everyone feel about transparency mode? i have been a day 1 user of the apple airpod pros and the transparency on the utws5 does not impress me at all. however, the bluetooth range on the utws5 is much better than the brt5, 5k, and goblue.
I think the transparency mode is pretty good. I had to adjust the ambient volume down though to get it how I liked it.

Feb 28, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #963 of 2,559
So, all of you, guys, are running the beta firmware? Are you running it on Android 11? Have you observed any issues?

I've asked so many times, here, when will it become officially available, still no response from @FiiO ...

I'm thinking of installing the beta, as well. Is it possible to return to the latest stable afterwards, if needed?

Feb 28, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #964 of 2,559
yes, that is correct. i have the BT dongle that everyone recommends on my PC and when i walk to the bathroom at work, the brt5 cut out so much i could almost not listen to any music. the 5k has static, but the utws5 has 0 interference.
For me, the 5K has better Bluetooth connectivity.

Feb 28, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #965 of 2,559
So, all of you, guys, are running the beta firmware? Are you running it on Android 11? Have you observed any issues?

I've asked so many times, here, when will it become officially available, still no response from @FiiO ...

I'm thinking of installing the beta, as well. Is it possible to return to the latest stable afterwards, if needed?
i thought 1.38 was supposed to be official, but i could never get my iphone 13 to install it. i had to get the .bin file and upgrade the fw that way.

Feb 28, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #966 of 2,559
i thought 1.38 was supposed to be official, but i could never get my iphone 13 to install it. i had to get the .bin file and upgrade the fw that way.
I don't think it is official, even for the iPhone. If it would be official, you would get it via the FiiO Control App.

Feb 28, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #967 of 2,559
I find transparency artificial but serviceable when needed.

Mar 1, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #969 of 2,559
Mar 1, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #970 of 2,559
I'm currently using the 1.38 version on an iphone and I'm wondering if others are facing this issue with the transparency mode. When playing music (with transparency on) the transparency volume shoots up to the max from it was set to when music is paused, skipped or a current track ends.

Also Fiio, in the upcoming update, if there is a way to keep transparency mode off while music is playing, it would be much appreciated.

Mar 1, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #971 of 2,559
Also Fiio, in the upcoming update, if there is a way to keep transparency mode off while music is playing, it would be much appreciated.
I 2nd this

Mar 1, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #972 of 2,559
I'm currently using the 1.38 version on an iphone and I'm wondering if others are facing this issue with the transparency mode. When playing music (with transparency on) the transparency volume shoots up to the max from it was set to when music is paused, skipped or a current track ends.

It happens to me too, volume doesn't work on it. And little sounds are pushed. Though I understand it's a beta phase

Mar 1, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #974 of 2,559

Users who are viewing this thread

Back