[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Jun 22, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #1,428 of 2,559
Just popping into the thread to say I'm currently on vacation on the island of Skiathos and have been using the UTWS5 every day (12 so far) for about 8hrs per day with my Thieaudio Voyager 14's with absolutely no issues whatsoever.

What an absolute pleasure to be streaming / playing music by the pool or on the beach in what I consider to be very decent quality with no wires whatsoever.

Anyway, congratulations @FiiO on a great product and keep up the good work.

Jun 22, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #1,429 of 2,559
Just popping into the thread to say I'm currently on vacation on the island of Skiathos and have been using the UTWS5 every day (12 so far) for about 8hrs per day with my Thieaudio Voyager 14's with absolutely no issues whatsoever.

What an absolute pleasure to be streaming / playing music by the pool or on the beach in what I consider to be very decent quality with no wires whatsoever.

Anyway, congratulations @FiiO on a great product and keep up the good work.
I agree with you 100%! I, as well, am using both of my 2 sets of the UTWS5 with my 7Hz Timeless and RAPTGO HOOK-X, respectively. The convenience and simplicity together with the excellent sound quality, is unparalleled! I'm listening to Amazon Music Unlimited and YouTube (cause I cannot find those DJ mixes anywhere else). Also had Qobuz but cancelled my subscription. If I may, are you using Amazon Music? Does the UK subscription work in Greece using a UK phone number?

Congrats from me, as well, @FiiO , and looking forward to a next, upgraded, version! 👍👍

Jun 23, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #1,430 of 2,559
I agree with you 100%! I, as well, am using both of my 2 sets of the UTWS5 with my 7Hz Timeless and RAPTGO HOOK-X, respectively. The convenience and simplicity together with the excellent sound quality, is unparalleled! I'm listening to Amazon Music Unlimited and YouTube (cause I cannot find those DJ mixes anywhere else). Also had Qobuz but cancelled my subscription. If I may, are you using Amazon Music? Does the UK subscription work in Greece using a UK phone number?

Congrats from me, as well, @FiiO , and looking forward to a next, upgraded, version! 👍👍
I'm using Apple Music via my Shanling M3X, it's a great pairing.

Jun 23, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #1,431 of 2,559
holy crap.. today mine started to do the battery draining of which i had read in this thread but without paying attention. Now i gotta scroll back to see what's the deal and how to fix it. In reality the earbuds should have been at 85% battery. edit fyi: app v1.42 , battery protection is on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220623-184232_FiiO Control.jpg
    Screenshot_20220623-184232_FiiO Control.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 30, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #1,432 of 2,559
I noticed that when i close the lid, sometimes one hook does not get charged. I learnt to see if that happens by looking at the round charging LEDs and to control if both LEDs are pulsating or only one. If both don't pulsate, then i open the lid and close it again and then they both start charging suddenly.

Is this normal?

Jun 30, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #1,433 of 2,559
I noticed that when i close the lid, sometimes one hook does not get charged. I learnt to see if that happens by looking at the round charging LEDs and to control if both LEDs are pulsating or only one. If both don't pulsate, then i open the lid and close it again and then they both start charging suddenly.

Is this normal?
Yes, it is. Very rarely, like once or twice, it happened to me. Just make sure the earhooks are well sited and the case firmly shuts.

Jun 30, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #1,435 of 2,559
The case is 100% shut when this happens - that is also why one hook starts charging.
Did you fully close the lid and one hook did not charge, like in my case?
Yeah, I observed this once, on my older MMCX pair of the UTWS5. Just once, I repositioned them, and it never happened again.

Jun 30, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #1,437 of 2,559
Delivery about a week ago of the UTWS5, as well as a second 7hz Timeless (mmcx). Immediately updated the firmware. iOS user, streaming from Apple Music & FLAC files using FLACBox. Sound and isolation is very nice with the 7hz Timeless, using foam tips.

My only complaint is the mic setup. I’m primarily using outdoors, and the mics couldn’t handle much, if any wind for the few conversations I tried. Haven’t run into using the setup indoors, so can’t comment.

My XM3 or Jabra 7 Active work far better for outdoor conversations, but obviously can’t keep up in sound quality.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #1,438 of 2,559
倒计时5天-EN.jpg

Compared to the last generation, the #True Wireless Bluetooth Amplifier UTWS5# is the first ear hook model that is equipped with an independent low power consumption DAC, the AK4332, all over the world. The built-in amplifier comes with more excellent performance, lower noise floor yet higher SNR. Thanks to the nearly 40% improvement in output performance, we are able to start our HiFi wireless Bluetooth journey!

On September 28, 2021, #FiiO 2021 Autumn Launch Event II# will straightly get to you. Let's stay tuned for it.
Please, make the pulsating of the round LEDs faster in the next update! Make them blink! The pulsating is so slow that after i close the box lid.. i have to stay there for a while just to see if it is pulsating or not. It should be visible immediately if the round LEDs are pulsating or if they're steady on.

Edit:
Here is a photo. Why doesn't it charge? I had to open the lid and close it again and then it started to charge. Happens all the time! Lid is 100% flush closed!
Each time i close the lid i have to check the LED to see if it is charging or not.

Attachments

• 20220701_234547.jpg
    20220701_234547.jpg
    650.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #1,440 of 2,559
@FiiO same question here, any plans for a UTWS7 with LDAC or even aptX Lossless? If so, around when, please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back