[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Jan 18, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #721 of 2,559
I am getting a weird bug now with the UTWS5. While the adapters are charging in the case, they sometimes still try to connect to my DAP or smartphone. It's happened a few times last night while they were charging.

EDIT: I'm also experiencing another bug where the adapters are in the case but stop charging for some reason??? The lights go on when I initially set them in to show that they are connected to the pins and charging but as soon as I close the case, the lights go off and it stops charging.

EDIT 2: I just checked the manual and it says that the lights go off after 15 secs and they are still charging but I know that's not the case because when I take them out and check battery life, they are not fully charged even after several hours.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #723 of 2,559
I'm curious, do the pins fit well or is there any wobble? In the picture it looks like the pins don't insert the whole way due to the CNC plate... Also, do the dusks fit in the charging case?

I have been wondering if I should get the mmcx version with a mmcx to 2pin just incase.
I actually have issues with my Moondrop Variations and this adapter (both the UTWS5 and UTWS3). One bud slips out very easily, so proceed with caution. The Fiio adapters have metal sheath at the bottom that prevents them from inserting as deep as they should with the recessed Moondrop IEMs.

Jan 18, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #724 of 2,559
I'm curious, do the pins fit well or is there any wobble? In the picture it looks like the pins don't insert the whole way due to the CNC plate... Also, do the dusks fit in the charging case?

I have been wondering if I should get the mmcx version with a mmcx to 2pin just incase.
I paired my Variations with 2pin model of UTWS5 and the 2pin doesn't sit flush to the 2pin socket on the IEM because the socket is a little bit recessed. There are a slight wobble. The Variations fit just fine in the case (there are still plenty of space). If you can find a mini mmcx to 2pin B pin style, it will fit Moondrop IEMs better.

Jan 18, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #725 of 2,559
I actually have issues with my Moondrop Variations and this adapter (both the UTWS5 and UTWS3). One bud slips out very easily, so proceed with caution. The Fiio adapters have metal sheath at the bottom that prevents them from inserting as deep as they should with the recessed Moondrop IEMs.
Mine too. The right side is very easily detached while the left one is like glued together.

Jan 18, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #726 of 2,559
Mine too. The right side is very easily detached while the left one is like glued together.
That's odd, mine is exactly the same issue. I wound up getting a micro MMCX to 2 Pin adapter and pair them with my Shure TW2s with no issues. Change the setting for to something that needs more power, the Aonic 3 and boom! Love it.

Jan 18, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #727 of 2,559
Another update. If I leave the lid open, the lights stay on and the buds continue to charge without trying to connect to my DAP / Smartphone. But as soon as I close the lid, the lights go off and it tries to connect again.

Jan 18, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #728 of 2,559
Another update. If I leave the lid open, the lights stay on and the buds continue to charge without trying to connect to my DAP / Smartphone. But as soon as I close the lid, the lights go off and it tries to connect again.
You talking about the UTWS5s? Yes, this happens. They're supposed to disconnect and turn off when you close the lid, turn on and connect when you open the lid. It's a debacle for me.

Jan 18, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #729 of 2,559
Fit my U12T very well :)

Attachments

• 04DC8005-99EE-450C-A974-33B5589506FA.jpeg
    04DC8005-99EE-450C-A974-33B5589506FA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Jan 19, 2022 at 2:19 AM Post #730 of 2,559
Have we had any extra development into this case @FiiO ?
Dear friend,

I have reported your feedback to the engineers. As you can see, the UTWS5 has 3 sets of buttons control now. But if the requirement about this function is large, we will try to add for the UTWS5.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 19, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #732 of 2,559
Dear friend,

I have reported your feedback to the engineers. As you can see, the UTWS5 has 3 sets of buttons control now. But if the requirement about this function is large, we will try to add for the UTWS5.

Best regards
Thank you.

My interest is majorly on switching devices without the need of reaching for the pairing button on the case.

Typical example is the use for meetings and music and using the usual Airpod Pro. I can switch between my Win PC and iPhone anytime while wearing them, in just a sec. Similar request as the guy.

Jan 19, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #733 of 2,559
@FiiO I'm aware you are making some changes to the UTWS5 app and wanted to add my support for introducing custom EQ. I have the UTWS3 and it's only bad point is no custom EQ.

I'd also like to see the ability to have multiple custom EQs if possible. For me, this would be a competitive game changer.
It would be pretty cool to have custom EQs that took into account your IEMs tuning like that android app does.

Also ambient mode that is on all the time

Jan 19, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #734 of 2,559
You talking about the UTWS5s? Yes, this happens. They're supposed to disconnect and turn off when you close the lid, turn on and connect when you open the lid. It's a debacle for me.
Yes, it works on and off sometimes but has been super finicky lately. When I close the lid and come back several hours later and take them out, I realize that they haven't been charging at all so something weird is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back