[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Aug 9, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #2,343 of 2,559
Ok thx. Lil curious cause i have a u12w on its way. Only use wireless and need it loud. Recently bought a m9 and was terrible with shure tw2. Even on the 215 setting not nearly loud enough. Oddly the se846 is plenty loud on the same setting i guess sensitivity makes a big difference w these new wireless adapters. Thx again all.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #2,344 of 2,559
So I just got these, updated firmware, and paired with Fold 4. I'm seeing no LDAC option in bluetooth codecs on the app, what gives? My phone works with LDAC fine with other devices.

Aug 14, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #2,349 of 2,559
So I just got these, updated firmware, and paired with Fold 4. I'm seeing no LDAC option in bluetooth codecs on the app, what gives? My phone works with LDAC fine with other devices.
If you have not done this already, do the following:

Download the firmware from this post.
After successfully updating, unpair (forget) the UTWS5 from your phone, and repair again.
Do a factory reset from within the FiiO Control App.
Enable LDAC from the App.
Unpair and repair your UTWS5 again.
Enable LDAC both in Bluetooth and in the Developer Options on your phone.

Aug 14, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #2,350 of 2,559
If you have not done this already, do the following:

Download the firmware from this post.
After successfully updating, unpair (forget) the UTWS5 from your phone, and repair again.
Do a factory reset from within the FiiO Control App.
Enable LDAC from the App.
Unpair and repair your UTWS5 again.
Enable LDAC both in Bluetooth and in the Developer Options on your phone.
Thanks, I tried all of these, nothing works.
LDAC isn't even in the list of optional bluetooth codecs on the app, so I can't select it. It's enabled in developer options of my phone and i use it with my XM4.

I'm on v1.5 firmware which it says is the latest. Damned shame as id like LDAC

Aug 14, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #2,351 of 2,559
Thanks, I tried all of these, nothing works.
LDAC isn't even in the list of optional bluetooth codecs on the app, so I can't select it. It's enabled in developer options of my phone and i use it with my XM4.

I'm on v1.5 firmware which it says is the latest. Damned shame as id like LDAC
The latest firmware version is v1.74
You can download it from the post I've linked above.

Aug 15, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #2,355 of 2,559
Hello, looking for some adapter as my utsw5 is mmcx, anything good for 2pins?
I want to sell my fiio iems and use my blessing 2 :)
The adapter i got from amazon was unclipping itself from the iems.
Oeaudio is the best. Clear is avail on amazon. Black on there website. But i tried the adapter which many people like versus the 2pin version of the utws 5. Preferred the 2 pin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back