[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Nov 8, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #1,696 of 2,559
I doubt we'll ever see widespread adoption of LHDC. Look at how long AptX and LDAC in their various incarnations have been around and how uneven the support is in hardware and software. Most of the market is moving to full stack, optimized proprietary codecs like Samsung's SSC or Apple's tuning of AAC.
But at the moment aac or ssc still not at the hifi level ( lhdc also but still further that way). Perhaps they will be in the future but it will depend on these monster brands and their need to further develope their codecs. If the need will be felt from consumers masses i hope we will see something more oriented for audiophiles.

Nov 8, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #1,697 of 2,559
Still bitrate is higher than youtube or similar. So not level of wire from sd card flac but for me enough to feel difference. Not sure if i can catch tidal master from full flac or waw file. So it is only newer ending war between mqa promoters and haters. I am neither of these. My goal is how to get best bitrate from available streaming platforms with best possible codec and bitrate :wink:
Then Qobuz may be your answer.

Nov 8, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #1,699 of 2,559
yeah if it was available in my country :) then it could be my number one streaming source. Actually newer was abble to try it.
I've tried Qobuz for 90 days when I bought my Mojo 2, it had a free trial. On some songs it played better than Amazon Music Unlimited, on most the same, and on some worst like for example Electronic. The only reason I've cancelled my subscription was that I could not find Electronica artists. Those, I am discovering now in Bandcamp (and I purchase the albums I like). Also, Qobuz interface really sucked in UAPP.

Nov 8, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #1,700 of 2,559
I've tried Qobuz for 90 days when I bought my Mojo 2, it had a free trial. On some songs it played better than Amazon Music Unlimited, on most the same, and on some worst like for example Electronic. The only reason I've cancelled my subscription was that I could not find Electronica artists. Those, I am discovering now in Bandcamp (and I purchase the albums I like). Also, Qobuz interface really sucked in UAPP.
For me seems like different streaming platforms promotes different genres and what you say is ilustration of this. For example tidal i always feel like their number one genre is rap, hiphop, soul, and other stuff i dont listen. So jay z/ beyonce audience music. They clearly pushes it in sugestion and other ways. And qobuz seems like oriented to other genres like classic. Really not electronic. Spotify has everything but their base is mainstream pop. Well it's my opinion. But according to this really there are differences and what fits to someone not always fits to other. :wink: And what quality bandcamp is streaming?

Nov 8, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #1,701 of 2,559
For me seems like different streaming platforms promotes different genres and what you say is ilustration of this. For example tidal i always feel like their number one genre is rap, hiphop, soul, and other stuff i dont listen. So jay z/ beyonce audience music. They clearly pushes it in sugestion and other ways. And qobuz seems like oriented to other genres like classic. Really not electronic. Spotify has everything but their base is mainstream pop. Well it's my opinion. But according to this really there are differences and what fits to someone not always fits to other. :wink: And what quality bandcamp is streaming?
"They’re MP3-128s. However, if you’re in the app and on wifi, items you’ve purchased stream as MP3-V0s (~250kbit/s on average)."
Source

But I've recently discovered Bandcamp and I use it just to see if I like an Artist/Album and then I buy it in .WAV format.

For me, the absolute dream would be a Lossless YouTube

Nov 8, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #1,702 of 2,559
"They’re MP3-128s. However, if you’re in the app and on wifi, items you’ve purchased stream as MP3-V0s (~250kbit/s on average)."
Source

But I've recently discovered Bandcamp and I use it just to see if I like an Artist/Album and then I buy it in .WAV format.

For me, the absolute dream would be a Lossless YouTube
Yeah looseless youtube,.... Good dreams :) i like, but what seems impossible could one day become possible. Ofcourse youtube is video first, and audio will not be their priorities. Anyway thanks i will check bandcamp to see what it is.

Nov 12, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #1,705 of 2,559
Pair it with your phone first. Set the game mode and ambient noise level.

Go to your phones Bluetooth and click disconnect.

Now when you hear disconnected and pairing on your IEMs, go to your PC and connect.

If you're PC supports Aptx it's almost certain it supports Adaptive (LL) Aptx.

Once you connect to your PC you're now set to fast wireless and/or ambient sound without the app.

If you turn off the headset it will revert back to Aptx and no ambient. So you have to repeat if you charge afaik.
i tried a dell patch that isnt maintained anymore and adds aptx support to windows, well i prefer the basic connection.
Problem is most motherboards have intel bluetooth chipset :/
Irony is i have bluetooth 5.2 support lol
I just sent back my dongle for now and enjoy my iems like this, good enough for me and i will find another solution later.
Cause with theusb dongle i cannot see the battery level
Only issue i have so far is the same as my home theater, i am using voicemeeter and i have to select the device again otherwise there is no sound, their update that automatically reload the audio engine doesnt work it seem :D

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 6:07 AM Post #1,708 of 2,559
Hi,
I’m using the UTWS5 with a pair of Shure 535.
Unfortunately, I can’t experience a good sound quality compared to the old FiiO Bluetooth cable.
The combination sounds kind of blurry and there is a very notable hiss at high tones.
Changing the filter doesn’t make it better. Actually it makes it even worse.

Does anyone experiences the same issues?

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #1,710 of 2,559
Fw5 really supports 900 kbps? Then fiio shiuld have give more work to utws5
Highly doubt. QCC514x's TWM technology has some limitations on what it can achieve (you may thank Qualcomm for that), looks like 900 kbps is not very stable on older smartphones. That is, it will really depend on Bluetooth link quality. But if they turned on QHS in firmware, 900 kbps would work well on newer smartphones (i.e. 8 gen 1) but still might have problems on older ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back