[FiiO UTWS3] True Wireless Bluetooth Module/MMCX/0.78 2pin/QCC3020/TPA6140A2/ Bluetooth 5.0
Apr 24, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #601 of 905
Hi everyone,

Just got my UTWS3 - very VERY pleased with the sound quality.
I got the 2 pin version because all my IEMs are 2 pin. However, most of my IEMs need a two pin PLUG because the connections are recessed into the body of the earpiece. This is not compatible with the UTWS3.

Has anyone found a small converter to go from the "flat surface" style of the UTWS3 to a recessed, plug type connector?
Alternatively, to still help me in my search, what is the accepted terminology for a plug type, compared to anything else? As an example, both the UM Macbeth and InEar Prophile 8 uses a recessed connection.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.
Hi! Sorry I don’t have an answer to your question, but another question. Where did you buy it???
thanks!

Apr 24, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #603 of 905
I received my mmcx version today. Upgraded to latest firmware right away (local upgrade through phone), reset and re-paired. Have about 10-12 different iems with mmcx connections so will be a happy couple of days iem-rolling.

Can say that I have the QDSM D2 connected at the moment and they really are lovely. More to come in s few days.

Ordered mine from Hifigo.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #604 of 905
Hi! Sorry I don’t have an answer to your question, but another question. Where did you buy it???
thanks!
From an online vendor on TaoBao. I'm in China. The vendor is called ConcertGoer - good guy who runs it, I've bought a few things from him and been to his "showroom" to test stuff.

Apr 24, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #605 of 905
Do you guys recommend that I get the mmcx version and buy an adapter to fit my 2pin iems?
From my recent experience, 100% yes. I'm going to have to send mine back to swap for an mmcx version and even as a non-bluetooth guy, I really don't want to let these go (despite the fact that I'll get them back again in a few days)

Apr 24, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #606 of 905
From my recent experience, 100% yes. I'm going to have to send mine back to swap for an mmcx version and even as a non-bluetooth guy, I really don't want to let these go (despite the fact that I'll get them back again in a few days)
Where are you going to get them from? All vendors seem to be out of stock until the end of the month? They say they'll get it end of the month or early May

Thanks!

Apr 24, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #607 of 905
Where are you going to get them from? All vendors seem to be out of stock until the end of the month? They say they'll get it end of the month or early May

Thanks!
You're in Jordan, I'm in China. I think we're working with different vendors.

Apr 24, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #608 of 905
Do you guys recommend that I get the mmcx version and buy an adapter to fit my 2pin iems?
i own both the recessed and protruded kind of 2-pin IEMs, in particular KZ ZS6 and ZAX.

10071755.jpg

1*_f5I-TUqqbsPT-MCNi4D_Q.jpeg

Absolutely no problem with the UTWS3 on either.

Not too sure how much difference the 2-pin connector of other brands' IEMs differ from KZ thus YMMV; but, if they are similar, then they shd work fine with UTWS3.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #609 of 905
i own both the recessed and protruded kind of 2-pin IEMs, in particular KZ ZS6 and ZAX.

10071755.jpg

1*_f5I-TUqqbsPT-MCNi4D_Q.jpeg

Absolutely no problem with the UTWS3 on either.

Not too sure how much difference the 2-pin connector of other brands' IEMs differ from KZ thus YMMV; but, if they are similar, then they shd work fine with UTWS3.

Thanks for this and the images.

I read someone suggested the MMCX because it was just easier to rotate the earbuds to fit better into the ears. I was thinking about ordering the MMCX version along with the IEM adapter.

Apr 25, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #610 of 905
Thanks for this and the images.

I read someone suggested the MMCX because it was just easier to rotate the earbuds to fit better into the ears. I was thinking about ordering the MMCX version along with the IEM adapter.
Which IEMs are you planning to use?

Apr 25, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #612 of 905
Moondrop starfield, this will be my first iem.

I've already ordered the mmcx to 2-pin adapter, but the mmcx version of fiio utw3 won't be shipped until the end of the month, more or less.
Ah cool, you already pulled the trigger and went MMCX with adapter. Now you'll be fine with whatever IEMs you buy. I think it's the right choice.
Sent my two pin version back today, with an MMCX and adapter combo on their way by return.
You are going to be very pleased with your purchase!!!!

Apr 25, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #613 of 905
Ah cool, you already pulled the trigger and went MMCX with adapter. Now you'll be fine with whatever IEMs you buy. I think it's the right choice.
Sent my two pin version back today, with an MMCX and adapter combo on their way by return.
You are going to be very pleased with your purchase!!!!
Thanks I'm excited! What's your favorite iem under 150-200ish?

Have you tried mtw300 true wireless?

I was thinking about buying a true wireless to use for the gym and possibly for when I can't carry around the fiio utws3, or do you think this is a good idea or will utws3 be fine for gym use ?

Apr 25, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #614 of 905
Thanks I'm excited! What's your favorite iem under 150-200ish?

Have you tried mtw300 true wireless?

I was thinking about buying a true wireless to use for the gym and possibly for when I can't carry around the fiio utws3, or do you think this is a good idea or will utws3 be fine for gym use ?

Absolutely no idea about gym use. A quick Google reveals it is IPX4 rated, which means it is sweat proof. Other than that, I don't know.
Haven't played in the shallow waters of IEMs for a long time BUT the last IEM I heard close to the price you're after was the Tanchjim Oxygen. I was very impressed by what they had achieved with a single dynamic driver. Go check out some reviews, it's a lovely listen. And before you ask, I have no idea how it would be when running or in the gym. I just know it sounded great, with a decent soundstage.

Apr 25, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #615 of 905
Absolutely no idea about gym use. A quick Google reveals it is IPX4 rated, which means it is sweat proof. Other than that, I don't know.
Haven't played in the shallow waters of IEMs for a long time BUT the last IEM I heard close to the price you're after was the Tanchjim Oxygen. I was very impressed by what they had achieved with a single dynamic driver. Go check out some reviews, it's a lovely listen. And before you ask, I have no idea how it would be when running or in the gym. I just know it sounded great, with a decent soundstage.
I'll check it out thanks! Does sound quality suffer at all when you use your iems with the UTWS3?

Man I wish I could go to a taobao showroom, sounds nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back