FiiO R7 All-In-One Desktop Android HiFi Music Player Discussion & Impressions Thread
Apr 27, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #511 of 1,107
Unfortunately this is not possible for this device because it means to add new hardware: volume chip separated for phones amplifier and for LO preamp. Maybe for future devices, but 99% of the time, those chips means distortions added.
now you confuse me.
Friend Ichos talks about independent volume for each output. So they have independent volumes....
if they are independent, it's just a matter of software.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #513 of 1,107
I've just had delivered my white R7 and it looks fantastic. I've used my Fostex TH-900SB's on it the balanced output and it does sound pretty good, was a bit surprised that I was running it on high gain at around 60 as they aren't hard to drive but that's ok.

I also hooked up a keyboard, mouse and USB monitor as this is being marketed as a multimedia system but found it really odd that it only seems to mirror the built-in display and only in portrait. This completely wastes the the real estate offered my the monitor. Is there no way to get it to fill the screen? Also, I tried YouTube, both the app and the website but I couldn't get it to play any video is there something I need to do to get this to work? The keyboard and mouse work fine, just wish I could swap the mouse buttons as I'm left handed and set the keyboard to UK layout.

Apr 27, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #514 of 1,107
I've just had delivered my white R7 and it looks fantastic. I've used my Fostex TH-900SB's on it the balanced output and it does sound pretty good, was a bit surprised that I was running it on high gain at around 60 as they aren't hard to drive but that's ok.

I also hooked up a keyboard, mouse and USB monitor as this is being marketed as a multimedia system but found it really odd that it only seems to mirror the built-in display and only in portrait. This completely wastes the the real estate offered my the monitor. Is there no way to get it to fill the screen? Also, I tried YouTube, both the app and the website but I couldn't get it to play any video is there something I need to do to get this to work? The keyboard and mouse work fine, just wish I could swap the mouse buttons as I'm left handed and set the keyboard to UK layout.

Apr 27, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #515 of 1,107
Hi, Yes you can have it mirrored (you can also swich screen orientation) or have separate individual screen (you have to enable desktop mode in developer options)

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #516 of 1,107
Fiio thanks for the form which is very clear and, in truth, I understood this.
What I was asking (perhaps I expressed myself badly) is something else.
Let's imagine a scenario where I use PO + PRE-OUT. If I vary the volume, it varies for both.
I also understood that for each output a different volume can be memorized but the fact remains that I cannot change the volume separately while listening.
That was my question and I believe the R7 doesn't do that.
Surely it is already a useful thing to have different volumes in "memory" but sometimes I need to change the volume of only PO or only PRE-OUT while listening to music.
Is it possible that this feature could be implemented with a software update?
Thank you.
Dear friend,

The feature you mentioned could not be supported by the R7.
But you could switch different output modes for different output in different volume level still.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 28, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #517 of 1,107
Dear friend,

The feature you mentioned could not be supported by the R7.
But you could switch different output modes for different output in different volume level still.

Best regards
It is so simple, I don't really understand the need for the other function that the OP is asking....

Apr 29, 2023 at 2:38 AM Post #518 of 1,107
Dear friend,

What 'real standby' mode would you prefer? You could click the 'enter sleep' option to enter sleep mode~

Best regards
@FiiO
Is that what you mean by your answer ? -> https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/819639.html

The R7 does not go into standby for me. If I interpret this correctly, the target state would be as follows.

Screen off
LED's off
R7 "cold"
Wake up possible via remote control
(no audio output)

But the actual state is as follows.

Screen saver on
LED's on
R7 "warm"
Operation by remote control possible
(no audio output)

I suspect some background process prevents the R7 from going into standby after 10min of inactivity.

Possibly one could also enable that one could trigger the standby also manually. By remote control (RM3) or power button press this x times and in the selection menu, where currently "Restart" and "Switch off" is, the selection "Standby" integrate.

Best regards
Ali Babaz

Apr 29, 2023 at 3:53 AM Post #519 of 1,107
Mi rendo conto che forse sto facendo il pignolo, ma dopo averlo ricevuto, la situazione che trovo è questa:
Seleziono PO e regolo il volume, seleziono PRE-OUT e regolo il volume, seleziono PRE-OU + PO e regolo anche volume. Fin qui ci siamo, quando torno a una delle selezioni citate mi ritrovo con il volume che mi era rimasto.
Quello che non puoi fare è cambiare il volume separatamente nella selezione PRE-OU + PO indipendentemente tra PRE-OU e PO.
Come dicevo, quando lo uso per ascoltare dei brani che poi voglio mixare su un mixer, ho bisogno di provare diversi volumi sulle casse amplificate ma senza rompermi le orecchie con le cuffie. È un po' una simulazione di ciò che mescoli con le cuffie e gli altoparlanti in riproduzione.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #520 of 1,107
sorry but I would like to ask another silly question. I often use it as a DAC to listen to TIDAL. In your opinion, does the quality change if I listen via DAC connected to the PC or like Android and the TIDAL app but with R7 connected to the wired network?
I don't seem to notice any major differences.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #521 of 1,107
sorry but I would like to ask another silly question. I often use it as a DAC to listen to TIDAL. In your opinion, does the quality change if I listen via DAC connected to the PC or like Android and the TIDAL app but with R7 connected to the wired network?
The answer is simple if you think in this way: shorter path, better sound!

Apr 30, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #523 of 1,107
Tidal long ago had an update on Android. The official app now bypasses Android-audio and will give you a bit perfect playback.

So there is no need to use bitperfect apps like UAPP (for Tidal service) . Unless you want UAPP to pEQ your Tidal stream.

So using it in Android-mode will be as good.......in theory. You have tried, and seem to feel it is also true in practice.

So be confident.

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #524 of 1,107
I'm not sure if somebody else observed, but activating the Bluetooth for RM3 the knobs light will stay permanently blue and not following the song sample rate. Of course, this behavior have nothing to do with RM3, but just with activating the Bluetooth service.
Another issue that I discovered is that the Power button on RM3 only put the screen on saver mode, not even turn off the music, as somebody else noted before. On the home screen is a button called "Enter sleep" and this works as expected. More important is that RM3 bring on the device after sleeping and I suppose that the standby button on RM3 could be used in exactly the same way as Enter sleep app...
@ Fiio: please add these issues on the list for the future FW. Also please note that the last promised month for remote app and Tidal connect feature release has been gone. A new month started and nothing on horizon...

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #525 of 1,107
I'm not sure if somebody else observed, but activating the Bluetooth for RM3 the knobs light will stay permanently blue and not following the song sample rate. Of course, this behavior have nothing to do with RM3, but just with activating the Bluetooth service.
Another issue that I discovered is that the Power button on RM3 only put the screen on saver mode, not even turn off the music, as somebody else noted before. On the home screen is a button called "Enter sleep" and this works as expected. More important is that RM3 bring on the device after sleeping and I suppose that the standby button on RM3 could be used in exactly the same way as Enter sleep app...
@ Fiio: please add these issues on the list for the future FW. Also please note that the last promised month for remote app and Tidal connect feature release has been gone. A new month started and nothing on horizon...
Dear friend,

For the first issue, we will try to fix in next firmware update.
We will report to the engineer about your second feedback.
As for Tidal connect:
Hi, this feature is already on the evaluation list.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back