FiiO R7 All-In-One Desktop Android HiFi Music Player Discussion & Impressions Thread
May 3, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #526 of 1,121
I like the current function of the power button. I use it to resume listening or download something with the screen off.

May 3, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #527 of 1,121
Hi people. Does anyway know if uapp works with this? - either with its own dac or by plugging an external usb dac (or both).
Also, can one save downloaded content through Tidal to a memory card? (I presume yes, but still...)
Sorry if this was already discussed, but the thread is too big to follow.
Thanks in advance!

May 3, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #528 of 1,121
Hi people. Does anyway know if uapp works with this? - either with its own dac or by plugging an external usb dac (or both).
Also, can one save downloaded content through Tidal to a memory card? (I presume yes, but still...)
Thanks in advance!
Yes the R7 works with UAPP and yes you cab download content from streaming services to internal or external storage

May 3, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #529 of 1,121
Dear friend,

What 'real standby' mode would you prefer? You could click the 'enter sleep' option to enter sleep mode~

Best regards
@FiiO
Ah, now I found that, on the screen is in German only "Schlafmo..." and a lock symbol. That behind it Standby is hidden was not clear to me so.

However, when pressing, the running apps are not completely terminated! The sound output is indeed terminated, but the app is not closed.

I don't think this is a real standby, as it is normally known.

Best regards
Ali Babz

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #530 of 1,121
@FiiO
Sorry I still have a few questions :D

1.) Is there the option or later via firmware update of an automatic restart (autoboot) when power returns without having to press the power button for a long time?

I run my multimedia cabinet on a wireless power strip and the R7 is currently the only device I have to turn on manually.

2.) Will there be an option later via firmware update to adjust the display brightness automatically (Auto-Brightness)?

3.) The operation of the FiiO app via remote control is not optimal. For example, you can not see what is currently highlighted. Only from very close and only certain fields are clearly highlighted in gray. You then have to switch to mouse mode, which is then difficult to see from the sofa.

Here are a few sample pictures, in real life the contrast is much weaker and it is not as clear as you can see the grayed fields on the photos.
IMG_Low.jpg

Apparently a different gray level is used for each field? 2 is clearly visible, 4 is from very close only guessable.

Best regards
Ali Babz

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #531 of 1,121
@FiiO

1.) Is there the option or later via firmware update of an automatic restart (autoboot) when power returns without having to press the power button for a long time?

I run my multimedia cabinet on a wireless power strip and the R7 is currently the only device I have to turn on manually.

2.) Will there be an option later via firmware update to adjust the display brightness automatically (Auto-Brightness)?

3.) The operation of the FiiO app via remote control is not optimal. For example, you can not see what is currently highlighted. Only from very close and only certain fields are clearly highlighted in gray. You then have to switch to mouse mode, which is then difficult to see from the sofa.

Here are a few sample pictures, in real life the contrast is much weaker and it is not as clear as you can see the grayed fields on the photos.
IMG_Low.jpg
Apparently a different gray level is used for each field? 2 is clearly visible, 4 is from very close only guessable.

Best regards
Ali Babaz
Is it possible to use some mirroring app like Team Viewer? That would make it easier to control the r7 remotely, not needing the remote and ditching the extra hassle

May 3, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #532 of 1,121
Thanks in advance!
yes, as for downloaded offline content, you'll need to use the official Qobuz or Tidal app and not UAPP.

But for streaming or your personal music, UAPP works like a charm. So is the official Fiio music player app which has pEQ for personal music.

May 3, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #533 of 1,121
@FiiO

Best regards
Ali Babaz
#2 would require a physical sensor that isn't here. And if put, may have consequences to the audio signal by adding an extra complication.

Can't happen from an update, but needs hardware.

If they could add brightness-up/down as physical buttons on a remote controller, that would be nice.

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #535 of 1,121
Tidal long ago had an update on Android. The official app now bypasses Android-audio and will give you a bit perfect playback.

So there is no need to use bitperfect apps like UAPP (for Tidal service) . Unless you want UAPP to pEQ your Tidal stream.

So using it in Android-mode will be as good.......in theory. You have tried, and seem to feel it is also true in practice.

So be confident.
Thanks for the clear explanation but I think I expressed myself wrong.
The comparison I was asking for is between listening with apps for windows and via USB to the R7 as DAC, or listening with Android Tidal apps installed on the R7.
By ear (but my ears are covered by the ham) I don't seem to notice a difference.

May 6, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #539 of 1,121
When hooking up my Focal Bathys via usbA or usbC to the Fiio R7 ( dac mode on the bathys) the playback makes small popping sounds (mostly at the same timestamp in the tune) and i can't really figure out what is the cause ( i tried Roon and Fiio Music Player and the result is the same)... when hooked up to my Linux machine the Bathys plays just fine in dac mode.
Is anyone using their R7 just as a streamer and uses the usb ports to transmit the data to another dac?

May 7, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #540 of 1,121
When hooking up my Focal Bathys via usbA or usbC to the Fiio R7 ( dac mode on the bathys) the playback makes small popping sounds (mostly at the same timestamp in the tune) and i can't really figure out what is the cause ( i tried Roon and Fiio Music Player and the result is the same)... when hooked up to my Linux machine the Bathys plays just fine in dac mode.
Is anyone using their R7 just as a streamer and uses the usb ports to transmit the data to another dac?
I have not noticed that issue with my headphones (Momentum 4) connected to the usb-a or usb-c port of the Fiio R7...but i rarely use it this way, since it defeats the purpose of having the Fiio R7 instead of using my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back