FiiO R7 All-In-One Desktop Android HiFi Music Player Discussion & Impressions Thread
Mar 6, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #197 of 1,095
You will have to pay import fees and tax though...
Yes... Brexit :frowning2:

Or ask some friends who live there to get it for me and take it home.
Then again, that would be a lot of stress to save 50€.
And without real ability to return it in case I do not like it and with possible problems about warranty.
So I'll stick to the plan : get one from local reseller.
But after reading thorougfully all reviews and possible drawbacks...

Mar 6, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #198 of 1,095

And without real ability to return it in case I do not like it and with possible problems about warranty.

Yeah, someone ordering one from the UK seller to Europe would still be paying €682 after shipping fees and tax, and that doesn't even include customs/processing fees if there are any. Easier to just buy locally and have easier aftersales support.

Mar 6, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #199 of 1,095

I'm not paid by anyone to say this, but from my experience with Topping and now with Fiio, I do not think that any failure can occur from the construction point of view... Maybe only from components with hidden defects that pass the the QC, but this means a very minimalistic probability. I have this piece of technology in my hands and I cannot find any imperfection. Every edge, the overall feeling, every screw is as should be.

Mar 7, 2023 at 2:17 AM Post #200 of 1,095
I'm not paid by anyone to say this, but from my experience with Topping and now with Fiio, I do not think that any failure can occur from the construction point of view... Maybe only from components with hidden defects that pass the the QC, but this means a very minimalistic probability. I have this piece of technology in my hands and I cannot find any imperfection. Every edge, the overall feeling, every screw is as should be.
Hi,

Thanks for ytour report.
I own the M11 Pro and same : it feels super solid.
Maybe it is not, but it feels so and so far, I have no complains about it.
It works... as it should :wink:

Ony think I would have liked : to see it accepting USB-C/Ethernet adapters.
So I could have used as a streamer at home and as a DAP on the go.

But of course, including such features would have killed a product like the R7 :wink:

So I can understand Fiio's position.

As soon as the new firmware that allows it to be used as a rendered is released and if reports are that feature is working, I'll order it from local reseller.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Mar 7, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #201 of 1,095
Sorry, just confirmed with our engineer, the DLNA in our R7 can't supports the feature what you need , it can only send out the music by DLNA or access the music from NAS.

We are developing this feature right now and will add it by OTA in the future .
Hi James!
As you can see above, the DLNA / UPnP native renderer is a "must have" feature for actual owners and, most important, for potentially future ones.
Can you give us a time horizon for the next FW update that will fix this issue?

Mar 8, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #202 of 1,095
Has anyone got an R7 and also the FiiO PL50 Linear PSU? Can you stack the R7 on top of the PL50 easily? I've only seen pictures of them together side-by-side, but they look to have a similar footprint so was wondering whether stacking was possible/advisable.

Mar 8, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #203 of 1,095
Has anyone got an R7 and also the FiiO PL50 Linear PSU? Can you stack the R7 on top of the PL50 easily? I've only seen pictures of them together side-by-side, but they look to have a similar footprint so was wondering whether stacking was possible/advisable.
IMG_20230308_195734.jpg

Mar 8, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #205 of 1,095
Hi! It seems that you tried both types of power supplies... The external for sure! Did you find any measurable difference on sound between the two? Of course, I'm interested for LO, but also for PO could be a clue... Thanks in advance!
Measurable no, I don't perform measurements.
Audible yes, the improvements are as described in my PL50 review.

Mar 8, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #207 of 1,095
I've pre-ordered an R7 from a UK retailer. With a discount code, comes to £572 delivered which I'm pretty amp3d about :wink:

They don't have a delivery date from FiiO yet, but were told FiiO would have them ready sometime in March, and they would get some as soon as available, they thought first week of April maybe.

Gonna order a remote from Aliexpress so should probably arrive around the same time as the R7.
Can you mention the dealer's name? I ordered mine from Otic for £649.99. Thanks in advance.

Mar 8, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #208 of 1,095
Can you mention the dealer's name? I ordered mine from Otic for £649.99. Thanks in advance.
Maybe my previous disclosure of "amp3d" was a little too cryptic :smile:. I don't think this forum has any rules about mentioning specific dealers anyway unlike some other forums (I had a quick skim through the posting rules).

I preordered mine from Advanced MP3 Players (amp3) with a 12% discount code (I won't post it here because I don't want to make it too easy to take some of their profit margin as I like them as a company), the old Google should make it pretty easy to find though!

It looks like Otic will give you a 10% discount on your first order if you subscribe to their newsletter if you prefer to support them.

Mar 8, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #209 of 1,095
Maybe my previous disclosure of "amp3d" was a little too cryptic :smile:. I don't think this forum has any rules about mentioning specific dealers anyway unlike some other forums (I had a quick skim through the posting rules).

I preordered mine from Advanced MP3 Players (amp3) with a 12% discount code (I won't post it here because I don't want to make it too easy to take some of their profit margin as I like them as a company), the old Google should make it pretty easy to find though!

It looks like Otic will give you a 10% discount on your first order if you subscribe to their newsletter if you prefer to support them.
That's good to know! Thanks for the head's up.

Mar 9, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #210 of 1,095
Hey All,

this sounds exactly the device I need to replace my topping stack (a50s, d50 & p50 psu) assuming it can do this specific case:

I currently have a Raspberry Pi running moOde (https://moodeaudio.org/) which is connected via an optical connection to the d50. I control playback by an app on my android phone.

So what I want is to run the same with r7 but run the app on the r7 while it is in optical input mode. Thus I wouldn't need to use my phone and I assume the r7 screen can be always on.

Can that happen or does optical input mode stop the use of android apps?

Thanks

-Mat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back