FiiO R7 All-In-One Desktop Android HiFi Music Player Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 22, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #1,051 of 1,093
Three questions, guys.
1) Is there any other way how to upsample the played music (PCM) except "All to DSD"? (I`m using BubbleUPnP most of the time.)
2) Is your unit running hot when "All to DSD" activated
3) Do you prefer analog or digital output (when connected to an external amplifier) and why?

Feb 22, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #1,052 of 1,093
Three questions, guys.
1) Is there any other way how to upsample the played music (PCM) except "All to DSD"? (I`m using BubbleUPnP most of the time.)
2) Is your unit running hot when "All to DSD" activated
3) Do you prefer analog or digital output (when connected to an external amplifier) and why?
1. Don't know, sorry.
2. No. It gets a bit hotter, but nothing alarming at all, and I still don't think it's even "hot". But it does get a bit warming compared to not converting to DSD.
3. That depends on what DAC you put between the R7 and the external amplifier :)

Feb 25, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #1,053 of 1,093
Feb 25, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #1,055 of 1,093
Thanks for the link. I installed the "Disc Link Platinum" app, but the external DVD player (HP GP70N) is not recognized by the R7. I tried both USB sockets. Do I need to change anything in the R7 settings?
The DVD player works perfectly on the laptop and PC.
No settings available. Essentially, android doesn’t support dvd.

Did you install both programs mentioned in the guide?

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #1,056 of 1,093
Is there any way one can use high pass filter with this unit? (digital and/or analog) Does the fiio app allow this? Also, can one use a digital and analog out at the same time?
Yes, there is a global EQ option, and yes you can use both types of outputs at the same time.

Mar 10, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #1,059 of 1,093
Thanks,.
I'm mostly portable (AK SR25 & Campfire Audio Andromeda), but years ago bought an iFi idsd bl and a pair of Sennheiser HD660s but never liked the sound, so they've sat on the shelf for a very long time. Suspect I may not be a fan of the iFi House sound,
Recently I felt a little guilty over wasting the headphones so bought a Topping Dac/amp and plugged my AK into it. Loved the sound but sat there in dismay watching the battery on my Dap drain away so fast.
Considered the traditional linking up with my laptop, but that's not my style, so it looks like I'm probably going to be selling my one day old Topping and buying something like the R7, or maybe the AK Acro CA1000 - another sleepless night tossing and turning over this first World problem :)

Mar 11, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #1,060 of 1,093
Hi,

You ask me : more than enough :)

If the R7 doesn't drive them, then what will ?
Cheers :)
I've now read this thread and watched a handful of YouTube vids including one by Porta.fi and from this afternoon have one R7 on order.
One more question if I may... Does it merit getting a separate power supply for the R7

Thanks again

Mar 20, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #1,061 of 1,093
Hi,

I have FiiO R7 paired with FiiO SP3. Now I'm planning to add Edifier T5 Subwoofer. If I make this connection this way, will it work?

FiiO R7 (RCA line-out) > Edifier T5 (RCA line-in)
Edifier T5 (RCA line-out pass through > FiiO SP3 (AUX in).

Then lower the Bass level to minimum on FiiO SP3 and tune the Edifier T5 Subwoofer.

Also, I will use this setup only for listening to music, no gaming, no movies.

Thank you.

Mar 21, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #1,062 of 1,093
Well, I'm totally new to speakers. So I could be imagining things. And I apologise for the newbie terms that might confuse you.

I feel like the mid-lower bass is very muddy. It lacks the rumble I'm more familiar in Homepods (not the minis). It also lacks the snappiness/kicks. This occurred earlier to me, would even changing subs would get me closer to the HomePod's bass response? Especially for the price range, or size of the Edifier T5 to AudioEngine S8?
Have you tried Edifier T5 Sub-line out to SP3 line-in 2? I think you will get more effects. I'm also planning for this setup.

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:35 PM Post #1,063 of 1,093
Hi,

I have FiiO R7 paired with FiiO SP3. Now I'm planning to add Edifier T5 Subwoofer. If I make this connection this way, will it work?

FiiO R7 (RCA line-out) > Edifier T5 (RCA line-in)
Edifier T5 (RCA line-out pass through > FiiO SP3 (AUX in).

Then lower the Bass level to minimum on FiiO SP3 and tune the Edifier T5 Subwoofer.

Also, I will use this setup only for listening to music, no gaming, no movies.

Thank you.
Dear friend,

If the linear output of T5 doesn't go through the DSP and isn't filtered out of the mid-high frequencies, it can be connected like this.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 26, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #1,064 of 1,093
I wanted to know if there are cases where the Fiio R7 shows no lag when connected to a computer, watching movies and playing games?
I really like this device and the price is still acceptable, the R9 is too expensive, and no black color is a minus for me.

Mar 26, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #1,065 of 1,093
I wanted to know if there are cases where the Fiio R7 shows no lag when connected to a computer, watching movies and playing games?
I really like this device and the price is still acceptable, the R9 is too expensive, and no black color is a minus for me.
To achieve that, you need a device with an XMOS chip, which the R7 does not have (yes, the R9 does). The R7 was not really designed for seamless audio & video sync from a computer. Do I wish they had put an XMOS chip in the R7? Yes. However, they didn’t, and so I’m sorry to say, but I don’t think you are ever going to get what you are asking from the R7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back