FiiO Q7 Portable Desktop-Class DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #556 of 723
Thanks for your answer.

As you can see in my picture, in battery mode the „back“ symbol is on the top which causes the problem I think.
Very suspicious :)
I had exactly this same problem, with arrow on the top, after using the DC mode. I have not used DC mode since then, however. I'll try again to see if I can reproduce it again.

Firmware 1668044570 : I'm not sure if it is the last one.

Apr 5, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #557 of 723
Has anyone used this with an android phone in close proximity?

I want to use this with a phone near enough strapped to it. I had a fiio q5s and that was ok with the standard amp attachment, but with the THX attachment I got too much signal interference from 4g -3g phone signal (the annoying buzzing incoming message / call sound) even with WIFI on

I know this is a very niche problem but some feedback from owners before a purchase would be appreciated

Apr 5, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #558 of 723

I want to use this with a phone near enough strapped to it. I had a fiio q5s and that was ok with the standard amp attachment, but with the THX attachment I got too much signal interference from 4g -3g phone signal (the annoying buzzing incoming message / call sound) even with WIFI on

I know this is a very niche problem but some feedback from owners before a purchase would be appreciated

I used my phone when I was demoing it (a good 3+ hours), no interference heard.

I now use the Q7 mostly paired with DAPs.

Apr 6, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #559 of 723
FiiO Q7 vs ddHifi TC44A
Q7 is x11 more expensive and x111 heavier
:laughing:

20230406-114957.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #561 of 723

I don't have any interference when I connect it to my android phone (Z Flip 3) via USB or Bluetooth

Apr 6, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #562 of 723

I saw similar problem with S23 Ultra with the standard USBC Cable which was delivered.
I tried another and things got better.

With IPhone and high quality Lighning to USBC Cable dead silent.

Apr 6, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #563 of 723
Apr 6, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #564 of 723
That means you pay ~10 times more pro Gramm for the ddHifi.
Indeed :relaxed: but in another hand i wouldn't say the Q7 sounds 10 times better :stuck_out_tongue:

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023 at 4:17 AM Post #565 of 723
Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #567 of 723
Made exact the same decision. Having K9 pro at home, got Q7 for office, and trips. Q7 really great device.

no idea
The exact situation on my side.

K9pro AKM at home
Q7 for travel/job
UTWS5 for hands free calls

Apr 10, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #568 of 723

The Q7 is a much more advanced technology compared to the Q5s.

Of course, the signal is also improved, because the Q5s is at least 5 years ago, forgive us that the technology was not as good as now :dt880smile:

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 10, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #569 of 723
@FiiO Willson can i leave the PL50 switched ON 24/24h or do i need to switch it OFF ? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back