FiiO Q7 Portable Desktop-Class DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Mar 21, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #529 of 714
Joining the family :) I was looking at getting a little DAC/AMP setup at work, ended up here after a week or so of reviewing options!

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:28 AM Post #531 of 714
Joining the family :) I was looking at getting a little DAC/AMP setup at work, ended up here after a week or so of reviewing options!
If you want a truly portable device that can be used for desktop, consider the Mojo 2.

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #532 of 714
Made exact the same decision. Having K9 pro at home, got Q7 for office, and trips. Q7 really great device.

how sound diferent q7 vs q3 ?
no idea

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #533 of 714
If you want a truly portable device that can be used for desktop, consider the Mojo 2.
I’ve got one (and love it!) - one solution was to get the Poly so I could have the wireless/Bluetooth option but given this was nearly the same price I opted to try this out over the Poly.

Mar 23, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #534 of 714
Arrived today :) certainly a beast. Initial sound impressions are great! Have tried it with the Meze Liric and the FIR Audio Kr5 so far, both amazing. Really love the ease of use.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #536 of 714
Hi everyone, am looking into a new headphone setup for desktop use mostly. With some planar magnetics hifiman arya or he1000stealth. Ifi audio micro idsd signature was on the top of my list but then i came across the fiio q7. It is appealing to me that you can use it with just a power addapter so you can bypass the battery entirely.
I am visually impaired though am i correct in that you need to hcange gain settings etc through a menu system? Is this through a touch screen or can you use/memorize buttons?
Has anyone been lucky enough to be able to compare the q7 and the ifi audio micro idsd sig? I bet both could power the hifimans but wa swondering in differences in sound signature.
Thanks in advance for any info
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 24, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #537 of 714
Has anyone been lucky enough to be able to compare the q7 and the ifi audio micro idsd sig
I am only Q7 user. But had an option to use Ifi dsd and ifi go blu.
It has some color in sound signature. And Q7 is much more natural. That's why I was never thinking about idsd sig, but gone to Q7. This is really fantastic device, if size and weight does not matter.

Mar 25, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #539 of 714
The Q7 + PL50 pairing is as good as it gets when it comes to SQ that can go toe to toe with some desktop DAC/Amps. (Plus it has the ability to be portable)
I agree. The Q7 (ultra high gain mode) and PL50 seems to drive the Arya Stealth roughly as well as my Liquid Platinum/Topping D90 (OG AKM version). Indeed, bass may even be very slightly better on the Q7, it's close. (Use of the PL50 as opposed to the LP's stock switching power supply may be a factor.) I'm thinking of replacing the Topping later this year, probably with a Schiit Bifrost 2/64 or Denafrips Ares Twelfth; interesting to see if that shifts the balance.

BTW, expressing opinions, even passionately, is fine. Telling people to shut up or to stop talking crap is not.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #540 of 714
What a quality piece of kit, so very glad I grabbed this.

I love the Mojo2, particularly for its portability, but this is so much simpler to control.

Currently listening to some Psychedelic Rock on the Focal Radiance (which arrived this week as well) through this with a glass of wine on the lounge (rather than my normal listening chair), bliss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back