[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Aug 22, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #1,546 of 3,226
In the fiio app the equalizer does nothing i can slide the bars and nothing changes fiio told me the bluetooth eq is system wide

Are you talking about using it with something other than the Q5s? Because it's not system wide, but it does work with q5s

It's not a very good eq either, neutron peq is much better

Aug 22, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #1,547 of 3,226
So - temperature after 1 hour in leather case with balanced IEMs temperature reached 43C. Today is very cold day, normally this time is around 7C more. So it may reach 50C when no air ventilation. This is measured temperature of the body.

But during today playing I found really big probably HW fault.
When playing DSD tracks then LEFT and RIGHT channels are switched!!! When playing PCM tracks then it is ok. When playing the same tracks in Foobar on PC then everything is ok.
I tried with different headphones both SE and balanced output. Headphones are ok, well connected.
Tested on tracks from audiophile test album for speaker setup which has the same tracks in 24/96, 24/192 and DSD128 format. I was surprised when I heard "channel left" from right side playing DSD.

With Fiio Q1mkII left and right are correct for all formats.
So Q5s has wrong connections inside between DAC and AMP or something like that.

@FiiO Fiio tell us something about it! This is big school fail in such expensive audiophile device. It may create big problem especially in binaural recordings.
That is a huge software bug. They should correct it in firmware. But is it possible to flash player firmware? I don't see an option in Bluetooth control. Fiio have to issue a tool for that too, I guess.

Aug 22, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #1,549 of 3,226
Aug 22, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #1,550 of 3,226
Lloyd: Level with me Mary, what are my chances?

Mary: 'I'd say they're like a million to one.

Lloyd: So you're telling me there's still a chance! :)

Now after just thinking about this quote, I feel compelled to watch this movie masterpiece.

At least we know the firmware CAN be upgraded.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #1,551 of 3,226
But I think FIIO should correct these quickly. This is their flagship DAC/AMP. I guess, we are Beta guinea pigs as audiophile enthusiasts. Before they hit the market and online reviewers, they should correct these.

Aug 22, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #1,552 of 3,226
But I think FIIO should correct these quickly. This is their flagship DAC/AMP. I guess, we are Beta guinea pigs as audiophile enthusiasts. Before they hit the market and online reviewers, they should correct these.

I agree, be like Sony and AK and at least squash the majority of bugs. Don't know how this got by their qc people.

Aug 22, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #1,553 of 3,226
Hi all,

Just to check roughly average how long is your battery life? I am getting abt 6 to 7 hours only. Is this normal? Using mostly thru BT.

This morning when i switched on the unit, the indicator show amber light. I supposed this is battery low sign. After i used it for awhile, suddenly it has no more sound output thru my FA7. However, the unit seem is stil on and the blue light is also on. I try pair again with my phone and music came back. But awhile later, no more sound again and unit is still on. Is this normal? When battery low, the unit suppose to shut off completely or still on as mentioned above?

Aug 22, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #1,555 of 3,226
Who gives a crap about DSD; almost no one uses it.

Meanwhile, there are a lot of IOS users and the app doesn’t work with the Q5s.

Hopefully in time, both issues are fixed.
lol, that’s so insensitive of you, Mark Dx. JK, Agreed though.

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #1,556 of 3,226
So - temperature after 1 hour in leather case with balanced IEMs temperature reached 43C. Today is very cold day, normally this time is around 7C more. So it may reach 50C when no air ventilation. This is measured temperature of the body.

But during today playing I found really big probably HW fault.
When playing DSD tracks then LEFT and RIGHT channels are switched!!! When playing PCM tracks then it is ok. When playing the same tracks in Foobar on PC then everything is ok.
I tried with different headphones both SE and balanced output. Headphones are ok, well connected.
Tested on tracks from audiophile test album for speaker setup which has the same tracks in 24/96, 24/192 and DSD128 format. I was surprised when I heard "channel left" from right side playing DSD.

With Fiio Q1mkII left and right are correct for all formats.
So Q5s has wrong connections inside between DAC and AMP or something like that.

@FiiO Fiio tell us something about it! This is big school fail in such expensive audiophile device. It may create big problem especially in binaural recordings.
Dear friend,

Thanks for your kind feedback.

But we failed to reproduce the problem you mentioned.

Maybe you could provide your music file to us for check?

I also sent it to support@fiio.net but I don't believe it has sense. I sent email 2 years ago about some problem and until now no answer. And I am not alone with such experience.

By the way example from Fiio support forum - question from middle of March, answer 5 months later.

And we have also answered you via email. Please have a check.
We checked your old email and found that we have already replied in the next day but did not receive any feedback from you anymore.
As for the FiiO forum, we reply the questions from our users daily, did we miss yours by mistake?

Best regards

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 22, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #1,557 of 3,226
Who gives a crap about DSD; almost no one uses it.

Meanwhile, there are a lot of IOS users and the app doesn’t work with the Q5s.

Hopefully in time, both issues are fixed.
Dear friend,

Can't you read the Q5s from FiiO music app-fiio control?
Please try to clear Q5s from Bluetooth pairing (Bluetooth state, while pressing the previous one + the next one), or reset Q5s (long press reset more than 5s) and then re-pair with the device.

We have also reported to the engineer for checking this problem.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 22, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #1,558 of 3,226
Dear friend,

But we failed to reproduce the problem you mentioned.

Maybe you could provide your music file to us for check?

And we have also answered you via email. Please have a check.
We checked your old email and found that we have already replied in the next day but did not receive any feedback from you anymore.
As for the FiiO forum, we reply the questions from our users daily, did we miss yours by mistake?

Best regards

Hook up a source via USB audio like a phone and play a dsd file- the channels are reversed.

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #1,559 of 3,226
Hi all,

Just to check roughly average how long is your battery life? I am getting abt 6 to 7 hours only. Is this normal? Using mostly thru BT.

This morning when i switched on the unit, the indicator show amber light. I supposed this is battery low sign. After i used it for awhile, suddenly it has no more sound output thru my FA7. However, the unit seem is stil on and the blue light is also on. I try pair again with my phone and music came back. But awhile later, no more sound again and unit is still on. Is this normal? When battery low, the unit suppose to shut off completely or still on as mentioned above?

On bluetooth, mine will do the same ie, disconnect the bluetooth connection, then blink once and then back to default input that is not bluetooth.

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #1,560 of 3,226
Are you talking about using it with something other than the Q5s? Because it's not system wide, but it does work with q5s

It's not a very good eq either, neutron peq is much better
No I am talking about listening music with my q5s connected to my phone thru bluetooth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back