[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Aug 23, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #1,561 of 3,226
Battery life is less than what's claimed. However I should check battery life with Am3d. Supposedly THX tech drain less juice.

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #1,562 of 3,226
If it had fast charging capability would have been wonderful.

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #1,563 of 3,226
If it had fast charging capability would have been wonderful.
Fast charging to the best of my knowledge shortens the batteries life. How significantly I am not sure, but still never bad to treat batteries the best that you can.

Aug 23, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #1,564 of 3,226
Fast charging to the best of my knowledge shortens the batteries life. How significantly I am not sure, but still never bad to treat batteries the best that you can.
Sounds legit I am happy whit the load time but the battery really don't don't holdup like promised

Aug 23, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #1,565 of 3,226
@Cevisi @abitdeef
Equalizer in blutooth menu of Fiio application is function of bluetooth module ONLY. Systemwide function means when any BT device is connected to Q5s. It does not work on any other input (USB,optical,...). I am almost sure but I don have block diagram of Q5s to confirm this. I dont know what is between BT or other inputs and DAC.
This is the same with my BTR3. Here firmware update tool (BlueSuite) is from Qualcom and it updates BT chip firmware only. I am afraid that the same situation may be for Q5s - only BT fw update, not other - DSD problem :frowning2:. We will see.
Another info - in BTR3 equalizer does not work for LDAC and BT chip is the same in Q5s so I would expect the same. This is info from Fiio.

@dark09 I see that there is a special Fiio update tool so there is some hope for DSD.

@MarkF786 To say the trueth I play music DSD about 40%, hires PCM 50% and 10% CD quality. Spoken word (discussions or audiobooks thru BT). Everything with USB Audio Player Pro. I use FiioApp only to check that every thing is switched off - no equalizer, no charging no everything. Not for playing or anything else.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #1,566 of 3,226
@Cevisi @abitdeef
Equalizer in blutooth menu of Fiio application is function of bluetooth module ONLY. Systemwide function means when any BT device is connected to Q5s. It does not work on any other input (USB,optical,...). I am almost sure but I don have block diagram of Q5s to confirm this. I dont know what is between BT or other inputs and DAC.
This is the same with my BTR3. Here firmware update tool (BlueSuite) is from Qualcom and it updates BT chip firmware only. I am afraid that the same situation may be for Q5s - only BT fw update, not other - DSD problem :frowning2:. We will see.
Another info - in BTR3 equalizer does not work for LDAC and BT chip is the same in Q5s so I would expect the same. This is info from Fiio.

@dark09 I see that there is a special Fiio update tool so there is some hope for DSD.

@MarkF786 To say the trueth I play music DSD about 40%, hires PCM 50% and 10% CD quality. Spoken word (discussions or audiobooks thru BT). Everything with USB Audio Player Pro. I use FiioApp only to check that every thing is switched off - no equalizer, no charging no everything. Not for playing or anything else.
I just tried in ldac maybe that is the problem why to hell they do somthing

Aug 23, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #1,567 of 3,226
And we have also answered you via email. Please have a check.
We checked your old email and found that we have already replied in the next day but did not receive any feedback from you anymore.
As for the FiiO forum, we reply the questions from our users daily, did we miss yours by mistake?

I did not get any answer but it may fall into spam folder and now it is deleted. Can you resend it again? Would be interesting what was the problem.
But I solved our problem with Q1mkII myself by returning it to local dealer for replacement. After a month I got replacement and found it does not play at all, all outputs were quiet. So I returned it again and then received 3rd piece. And it has big selfdischarging now after 1 year. We discussed it here but I stopped because I did not have energy to continue.

So I will ask you here again - is batery in Q1mkII and Q5s replaceable? If it is then can you send me battery replacement for my Q1mk2?

But we failed to reproduce the problem you mentioned.

Maybe you could provide your music file to us for check?
Those file are huge - not possible by email. I can upload somewhere. Where?

But your developers can do it themselves, they can convert DSD file to PCM/FLAC also for instance in Foobar2000 in Windows. Or get some album in DSD and the same in CD/FLAC and you will hear channels are reversed.

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #1,568 of 3,226
On bluetooth, mine will do the same ie, disconnect the bluetooth connection, then blink once and then back to default input that is not bluetooth.

So this is normal to cut off when battery is low.

Thanks

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #1,569 of 3,226
@FiiO will you please explain us what is functionality in your Fiio Music application in Bluetooth device control?
1. Charge switch - what exactly it should do and what it really does, if it works properly. In not only my case Q5s charges always when connected to any USB even with your ML06 cable. I know workaround but is only workaround.
2. RGB indicator - difference "Always" and "Until device" . What it means Until device?

You should check the DSD problem also in your M11 player, it may be the same.

Old Q5 users - can you check it also?

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #1,570 of 3,226
Luckily there is a swap channels feature in neutron.
I have asked also UAPP team to add this feature separately for PCM and DSD. They are very helpful, they already added some feature for me so we will see. I don't want to use 2 different players in one device.

Maybe somebody with osciloscope can check if phase is correct or not, it can be also reversed. It is not so well hearable but still possible to hear by some people if it is wrong.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #1,571 of 3,226
@FiiO
Another possibility how to check is with Fiio Music android application. You can do it with ANY DSD track you have. No need to upload anything.

1. Play any DSD track on PC or elswhere.
2. Note positions what is on the left and on the right.
3. Play the same DSD track in FiioMusic - USB output Native settings
4. You hear channels are reversed
5. Switch USB output to DoP DSD over PCM.
6. Channels are still reversed.
7. Switch USB Output to D2P DSD to PCM conversion.
8. Channels are correct.

You can do this also with any other players which support DSD and switching DSD mode.
DSD bitstream is sent to wrong channels, PCM bitstream is sent correctly.

You can check this way also old Q5 and M11.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #1,572 of 3,226
Useful info from Fiio in M11 thread: Question is if it works only for BT or also USB and other inputs.

10341140.png

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #1,573 of 3,226
Useful info from Fiio in M11 thread: Question is if it works only for BT or also USB and other inputs.

10341140.png
It does not work at all. When using ldac. I would like to know why

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #1,574 of 3,226
I checked AK4493 datasheet.
This filters are function of DAC chip, not bluetooth or anything else. So it should work for all inputs.
1. But only for PCM and not for DSD.
2. my experience with such filters is, that changes are very subtle and can be heard only on good audio system.

I tried to switch filter several times but it is hard to hear any change because switching takes some time (disconnect, BT on, set it , BT off, connect USB, play) and I forget how it played before. In other dac it was much easier - button switch for filters.
But it looked like Sharp filter is a bit better. But I am not sure. I don't think it can be heard with BT input. Also you need very high quality track.
I would not care about it and let it to Sharp. It is taken as best by most people and also default in other dac what I know.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #1,575 of 3,226
Somebody said here : Fiio can replace it easily. Really? Any prove of this? Yesterday I found in other thread somebody asked Fiio for replacement battery - Fiio response was We don't have such batteries. I also asked Fiio if there is possibility to replace battery in Q1mkII. No response.
I also never see FiiO answer questions about battery

@FiiO As far as I read in this thread, at least there are three persons that want to know details about battery. So I ask you again.
1. Can you estimate the battery life, when use for 4 - 6 hours a day
2. Is it difficult to replace battery?
3. Do you supply spare battery to all of your distributor?
4. You post in this thread that, if battery is bad, we have to change battery because Q5s can't use power supply from computer's USB port. Please kindly confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back