[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Aug 16, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #1,381 of 3,226
With Poweramp You have 1. trial version which is also the full app once ulocked and 2. Poweramp Full version unlocker.

When in poweramp go to settings > audio > output > Hi-Res Output: activate BT.
Also make sure to check off DVC:

Hi i am currently using the unlock version of Poweramp.

Thanks for tips. I have just activated the Hi Res output for both BT and USB DAC.

Screenshot_20190816-170230_Poweramp.jpg

Aug 16, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #1,382 of 3,226
If you want to listen to something cool with your new shiny toys, I recommend "Matmos - Plastic Anniversary". They do mostly sound design, worked a lot with Bjork. The album is amazing for sound experience, stereo spatiality, imaging.
Also give a try to Yosi Horikawa albums.

That's a great recommendation - thanks. Incredible album.

Aug 16, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #1,383 of 3,226
So mine FINALLY arrived! First impressions are great, but I've only done my "ooh! Shiny!" listening for now, will do more critical listening later at home. But so far it unapologetically puts the Q1 to shame. It's not even funny how much better it is. My MSR7b are shining on it!

PS : It's one hefty boi

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #1,384 of 3,226

Ya the circled part is sharp. But i am not touching there. No issue for me. But to be safe..get a case to cover it.

But that is on purpose! What would a Swiss army knife be without a tool to shave your beard in the desert when you're left all alone with only your survival tool at hand. Because how would you survive without your music? FiiO thought of everything so they put a razor in it... just in case :p
Seriously, that edge never bothered me :)

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #1,389 of 3,226
Apparently Q5s uses the same PC driver as my K3 so I haven't reinstalled it. FiiO Control Panel shows it as Q5. However I can't find the option to change the L/R balance which is present on K3 with the same driver.
I tend to change L/R balance quite a lot. How can I do it with Q5s?

Aug 16, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #1,390 of 3,226
Apparently Q5s uses the same PC driver as my K3 so I haven't reinstalled it. FiiO Control Panel shows it as Q5. However I can't find the option to change the L/R balance which is present on K3 with the same driver.
I tend to change L/R balance quite a lot. How can I do it with Q5s?

In FiiO Music app when you connect through Bluetooth.

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #1,391 of 3,226
The Q5s has the Edge over other amps, it's a very Sharp amp!

:)

Love it, that was one of my first concerts, saw that tour here in Ottawa and took a girl who everybody said was way out of my league (she was gorgeous) and asked her to be my girlfriend after the concert. I was just a teenager, but managed to keep her for almost three years. Thanks for triggering the trip down memory lane with those lyrics.

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #1,392 of 3,226
My Canook friends have never sounded better:) The percussion at the beginning- whoa nellie!

Saw this tour as well. I have seen Rush at least 8 times. I actually play the drums and spent many hours in the 80s and 90s trying to play Rush. Even bought a huge kit back in the 80s. I mean two bass drums with bass mounted toms, 8" and 10" on a stand, roto toms, wind chimes, cow bells, tricked out with nice Zildjian cymbals. Those were the days. Dude you're really making me get all nostalgic.

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #1,393 of 3,226
Love it, that was one of my first concerts, saw that tour here in Ottawa and took a girl who everybody said was way out of my league (she was gorgeous) and asked her to be my girlfriend after the concert. I was just a teenager, but managed to keep her for almost three years. Thanks for triggering the trip down memory lane with those lyrics.

Was a really good time for music, I saw him in Cleveland and it was a very good show. Rush probably is my favorite Rock band of all time, I've seen them countless times. In fact I just bought Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass for my son for his b-day. I think something's in the water up there :)

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #1,394 of 3,226
Whoever won congrats.

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #1,395 of 3,226
I thought Q5S does not back-charge WM1A. However I see all four LEDs light up while they are connected. I have disabled charge with Bluetooth before connecting them. So back-charging happens?
I have returned AM3D and listening with AM3E. It is a very nice module!
viber_image_2019-08-16_21-26-43_DxO.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back