[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Aug 16, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #1,411 of 3,226
My driver is version 4.47.0. It is the latest. However your device revision is different - v.0.52 vs my v.0.32.
Windows settings don't affect the sound probably because the FiiO's ASIO takes over.
I might change the balance in FiiO app eventually although this isn't ideal to me.

I have the old Q5, that's why revision number is different. That "revision" field actually refers to the firmware version, not some hardware revision.
What's under "Options" tab?

Aug 16, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #1,414 of 3,226
I have the old Q5, that's why revision number is different. That "revision" field actually refers to the firmware version, not some hardware revision.
What's under "Options" tab?
opt.jpg

Aug 16, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #1,415 of 3,226
HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO GET THE Q5S TO WORK WITH THE IOS APP?

I've tried everything imaginable, including using different devices, but BT Control does not work with the Q5s. It works fine with the Q5 though.
I’m running into issues with the iOS Bluetooth functionality on the Q5s as well. It shows it’s off from Bluetooth control menu, but iOS says it is connected audio just plays though phone speaker. Not having any issues with Android Bluetooth thought (Xperia X compact). Maybe FiiO is aware of the issue with iOS, an release a update to correct the problem.

Aug 16, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #1,416 of 3,226
It back charges all of my daps too, that's why I've been using my s10e and bluetooth. Doesn't seem to back charge the phone. Hopefully can be fixed in firmware.

Yep stock amp sounds just like m11 to me, very, very nice. Been awhile since I've had wm1a but from memory they probably sound similar.

I loved wm1a but I had 2 from best buy with obvious dead pixels. So I gave up. I'm interested in the supposed nw100, will it sound like zx300/wm1a and have 4.4 balanced? Will it stream? Will it be smaller like nw a45?
We'll have to wait till early September to find out about Sony's new DAPs, but I'm personally more excited about the ZX500 (hopefully it'll be bang for your buck like the M11 :) ). How's the SQ of the Q5s compared to the 1A or the 300, by the way?

Aug 16, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #1,417 of 3,226
We'll have to wait till early September to find out about Sony's new DAPs, but I'm personally more excited about the ZX500 (hopefully it'll be bang for your buck like the M11 :) ). How's the SQ of the Q5s compared to the 1A or the 300, by the way?

ZX500 ? Oh boy :) As far as compared to zx300 and wm1a the q5s with the stock module it's on par with wm1a like the m11. It's got more power than both out of balanced.

With the thx module it goes beyond both, it's pretty impressive. Imo of course:wink: so the m11 pro should be the crap :)

Aug 16, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #1,418 of 3,226
ZX500 ? Oh boy :) As far as compared to zx300 and wm1a the q5s with the stock module it's on par with wm1a like the m11. It's got more power than both out of balanced.

With the thx module it goes beyond both, it's pretty impressive. Imo of course:wink: so the m11 pro should be the **** :)
Thanks for your input! Yeah it's expected of the Q5s to have stronger output, Sony's DAPs are known to be weak but you get excellent battery life in return, not an issue for me though since I have sensitive ears and like listening at low volumes. Definitely will consider picking up the THX module :sunglasses:

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #1,420 of 3,226
Picture of the headphone, and Q5s.
ELdfmRB.jpg
Do i see an SMSL VMV D1? I was eyeing on one to be used with my Burson Conductor V2. However Burson has updated Conductor to V3. How do you rate that CHi-FI DAC? Got it through DROP?

Aug 16, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #1,421 of 3,226
Q5S+AM3D is a nice upgrade to WM1A. Total new DAC/AMP solution. Hope it would prevent me from the itch I would get to upgrade the successor to WM1A.

Aug 16, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #1,422 of 3,226
Do i see an SMSL VMV D1? I was eyeing on one to be used with my Burson Conductor V2. However Burson has updated Conductor to V3. How do you rate that CHi-FI DAC? Got it through DROP?

Yeah, I purchased it through Drop back in February. I like it, but I can't really tell much of a difference between it, and the Topping DX7s . It runs hot, so can't have it running all the time, and missing a physical power button, so have to use a remote even though its on the desk (correction - the input button works as power button if pressed for more than a second)... works great with Roon though. I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't on Drop. lol

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #1,423 of 3,226
Yeah, I purchased it through Drop back in February. I like it, but I can't really tell much of a difference between it, and the Topping DX7s . It runs hot, so can't have it running all the time, and missing a physical power button, so have to use a remote even though its on the desk (correction - the input button works as power button if pressed for more than a second)... works great with Roon though. I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't on Drop. lol
Really! Some Review guys rave about it as end-game standalone DAC. (-: I was bit skeptical about it. I am wondering, whether to keep BURSON stack I have and upgrade to a standalone DAC or go for new Conductor V3 for my home set up. They are apparently have a matching poweramp in the pipeline.
VMV D1 was on my shortlist as a DAC.
I have resist my urge and wait! (-:

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #1,424 of 3,226
I would take what I say with grain of salt since I just started this audio journey last December when I pre-ordered my first big dollar headphone (ZMF Aeolus). I'm still learning the differences between warm, and neutral sound. I agree that the D1 has great measurements, and sounds good. The cost to performance is where I question its worth. The biggest difference for me was the headphone. Just finished a little AB testing between the AAA 789 (with the SMSL D1), and the Q5s + AM3D module, and cannot tell much difference between them. Used Roon to sync the audio between the different sources.

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #1,425 of 3,226
When someone says "this is it" in this subjective hobby, I take it with a lump of salt (literally) than a grain. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back