[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Aug 8, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #1,097 of 3,226
I've used mine on 3 android devices with no problems.
Me too, but with UAPP. Never tried it through other means; UAPP is just too good :D

Aug 8, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #1,099 of 3,226
I just plugged and played :wink: but uapp is really nice.
I had problems with my Samsung Note 9 altogether, mostly cable specific, with UAPP and FIIO Q1 MK II. Ending up having to return the Q1 MK II.
Obviously (or not) I expect similar issues with the Q5s, as a result. Funny though, zero issues with desktop Fiio K3 I own and love. I dont get it. Again I am using a non rooted Samsung Note 9 with Android Pie, 9.0 latest up to date firmware. These issues only began after Pie 9.0 was implemented. Anybody with knowledge of or owns a Note 9 feedback please?
Thank you!

Aug 8, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #1,101 of 3,226
I had problems with my Samsung Note 9 altogether, mostly cable specific, with UAPP and FIIO Q1 MK II. Ending up having to return the Q1 MK II.
Obviously (or not) I expect similar issues with the Q5s, as a result. Funny though, zero issues with desktop Fiio K3 I own and love. I dont get it. Again I am using a non rooted Samsung Note 9 with Android Pie, 9.0 latest up to date firmware. These issues only began after Pie 9.0 was implemented. Anybody with knowledge of or owns a Note 9 feedback please?
Thank you!

I'm using a galaxy 10 with the latest pie with no issues. Haven't used uapp just neutron, fiio app, and hiby music. Might give it a try though out of curiosity.

Just using fiio's own CL06 OTB cable, no problems. And for 13 bucks it's a pretty nice cable, very flexible.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #1,102 of 3,226
I'm using a galaxy 10 with the latest pie with no issues. Haven't used uapp just neutron, fiio app, and hiby music. Might give it a try though out of curiosity.

Just using fiio's own CL06 OTB cable, no problems. And for 13 bucks it's a pretty nice cable, very flexible.
Probably its all software specific. Maybe its time for a full Android system reset. No biggie I guess. After all, I am starting to experiment with different DAP's. I like what I hear so far! More bang for your buck for sure.

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #1,104 of 3,226
We are so sorry that we made a mistake in calculation.

The Winner for Q5S should be @KopaneDePooj (410+620x0.55=751).

Please accept our sincere apology for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards
@KopaneDePooj congrats bro :v:. It's such fortunate that you noticed the mistake :thumbsup:. So glad Fiio made amend. Enjoy your Q5s when it lands :smile:.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #1,108 of 3,226
They should give you both Q5s, for the F up. Not your fault. C'mon fiio do the right thing.
Kind of feel the same way. That would crush me to be told I won, then to hear it was a mistake. Hope it all works out.

Aug 9, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #1,110 of 3,226
Wow the ldac is utterly amazing on this thing. I'm having a hard time spotting any differences and I'm OCD listening :wink:

I might just go wireless. I mean the ifi xdsd was close to wired but this..... I'm sure they're technical differences obviously but my ears can't hear any deficiencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back