[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Aug 8, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #1,068 of 3,226
Winner Announcement of 'Post with Comment to Win an Q5S or AM3D'

Thank you all for your enthusiastic participation. We now officially inform you that the winners of this giveaway:

The valid post is from #410 to #1030, so there are 620 posts in total.

The only one winner for Q5s(0.55) is @gibby (410+620x0.55=741).

The winners for AM3D(0.35 and 0.75)are @Cevisi (410+620x0.35=627) and @kaushama (410+620x0.75=875).

Congratulation!

Please send your address information including name, address, telephone number, post code to @FiiO via PM.

Thank you~:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Wow! Unbelievable! Thank you @FiiO

Aug 8, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #1,069 of 3,226

Thank you all for your enthusiastic participation. We now officially inform you that the winners of this giveaway:

The winners for AM3D(0.35 and 0.75)are @Cevisi (410+620x0.35=627) and @kaushama (410+620x0.75=875).

Congratulation!

Please send your address information including name, address, telephone number, post code to @FiiO via PM.

I got AM3D? :ksc75smile: Thank you FIIO!

Aug 8, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #1,072 of 3,226

Congratulation!

Thank you fiio. I sended you a pm :D iam so happy :D

Aug 8, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #1,073 of 3,226
I'll be testing mine out today when I get it and will see how it sounds. Get your 4.4 cables and adapters ready. I'm not sure if I'm going to listen to the stock amp first, or just put the aaa on straight away.

Congrats

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #1,074 of 3,226
I am having issues charging the unit, when I plug it on the pc all the blue input leds flash at the same time. I thought that it was my computer so I installed the drivers (was using the unit with USB 1.1 mode). So I got a cellphone charger and plug it and the same behaviour, all blue leds flash at the same time. This is weird, because the day that I got the Q5s I put it to charge and all went normal.

Aug 8, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #1,075 of 3,226
does it have a "reset" button?
press it with a needle

Aug 8, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #1,076 of 3,226
My Q5s at last arrived yesterday at 10am. I took quite sometime to arrive in the UK but once the Q5s was in Parcel Force's hand it arrived at my door within 24 hours. So from ordering to delivery was 14 days. As soon as it arrived I added the AM3D I have had since April, put my X7ii back in the K5 dock, and tried out DT1770, Sony MDR-1AM2 (4.4) and FH5 (4.4). All sounded great, when the Q5s was used wired to M6 and my phone. I also tried LDAC with M6, Shanling M0 and my phone taking them for a test walk and I had no break up or drop out. Had to see a client today and took the Q5s LDAC linked to my phone and did not once experience drop out. I wish I had my DM7s back but as there are being replaced by Linsoul, I will just have to wait. So far I am very happy with the Q5s, so much so that I can see my SR15 finding it's way onto eBay.

Aug 8, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #1,077 of 3,226
does it have a "reset" button?
press it with a needle

Yes I tried that, so I kept think about this issue, and I switched the micro USB cable to a cheap cable I got at work that has a Type C connector, micro USB and Lightning (just charging it seems) on the same end, this cheap cable did it.
I was using the micro USB cable that I got with the NX4 DSD which I was also using to listen with the PC, but seems does not work to charging the Fiio. So maybe the Topping Cable is different, or maybe the Fiio is picky with it's USB connection.

Aug 8, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #1,078 of 3,226
My Q5s at last arrived yesterday at 10am. I took quite sometime to arrive in the UK but once the Q5s was in Parcel Force's hand it arrived at my door within 24 hours. So from ordering to delivery was 14 days. As soon as it arrived I added the AM3D I have had since April, put my X7ii back in the K5 dock, and tried out DT1770, Sony MDR-1AM2 (4.4) and FH5 (4.4). All sounded great, when the Q5s was used wired to M6 and my phone. I also tried LDAC with M6, Shanling M0 and my phone taking them for a test walk and I had no break up or drop out. Had to see a client today and took the Q5s LDAC linked to my phone and did not once experience drop out. I wish I had my DM7s back but as there are being replaced by Linsoul, I will just have to wait. So far I am very happy with the Q5s, so much so that I can see my SR15 finding it's way onto eBay.
Mines still in China or Singapore and we ordered the same day. Glad you got yours bud. Hopefully mine won't be too long

Aug 8, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #1,079 of 3,226
I can tell you right off that the balanced out on the stock amp sounds pretty much identical to the m11 with a good source.

I'm sure it will be even a bit better with USB connection. Getting ready to try bluetooth and am3d. Very nice so far. Oh, and did try the SE quickly and balanced is much better as expected.

Tried the am3d and while it's not night and day from the stock am3e which is excellent in it's own right...But, the am3d seems to be more exacting and have more control over pretty much everything. The sound stage is huge with this module, very expansive and the treble seems a bit more elevated from the sock module.

It sounds extremely clear and more source dependent. This is going to reveal bad sources more, and it seems like it's more powerful. It's hard no to be impressed with the stage and positioning. Oh after trying some faves yeah the thx module is really impressive, timing is awesome and the attack and decay on percussion is right on making stuff sound really natural and realistic- especially with well mastered stuff.

:) sub bass hits hard too. Great dynamics. Only problem I see is it's pretty neutral and revealing and on my crappy recordings ouch! The stock module like the m11 smooths them over a bit. I can probably solve that with some eq ing. M11 is pretty revealing itself but not as exacting. Maybe the module will 'smooth' out after some hours. That burn in thing. :wink: Man, Steely Dan's Aja sounds like I'm in the studio with them. A really nicely mastered recording there. I'm creaming over the sound of the Fender Rhodes :)

Ok tried bluetooth and it worked flawlessly and sounded amazing. Although the light was purple with all the devices I tried and they were transmitting ldac which according to the quick start should be green?- skip that ldac is white which is like a lavender, I read LHDC as LDAC aptx is purple which is darker so all is well.

Have to find out how to check the battery.

Stock module is wonderful, no problems with the sound at all.

Oh and the build of the unit and modules is impeccable. The screws came out nice and everything fits very flush. They even had a little rubber cover for the board contacts on the amp module. Pairing it with baby m6.

20190808_144811.jpg

20190808_140541.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back