[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Jul 26, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #484 of 3,226
Q5S seems to have been released. Looks like a pretty fine device with AM3E and a particularly interesting device with the AM3D.

Much as I enjoy the Toppong NX4 DSD (a great device in and of itself), I may have to move some items to get me the Q5S.

Glad to see it's finally here.
I just got the NX4 DSD myself, no complains other than it has no bluetooth... I don't think that I can keep both DACs. So I may end up returning the topping.

Jul 26, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #488 of 3,226
I was resisting getting the Q5S as I already have the Q5 and almost all the amp modules (including the AM3D), but I figured since it's my most used amp, it was worth upgrading. I am curious to see if I can actually hear a difference though; I am skeptical.

I look forward the the AM3E, with 2.5mm and 4.4mm outputs. I suspect that alone will lead to be preferring it over the AM3D.
I have both the M11 and the Q5 with the AM3D and I can hear a difference from the different DAC (Q5+AM3D vs M11+AM3D). Its minimal so really not worth it if your just looking for a DAC upgrade.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #489 of 3,226
I love this company. From the original x3 (which still works great, btw) watching their progress has been mind-blowing and very gratifying. Thanks Fiio.

Jul 26, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #490 of 3,226
I have a BTR3 and it is good. Lacks a bit of power for some headphones/speakers but overall it's good. I am looking forward to having the option for other headphones when the Q5S arrives

I have the BTR3 as well and it's a great option for wireless play from a phone (iPhone in my case) while using whatever IEM you like. Being able to adjust volume directly on the BTR3 is a nice touch - no need to reach for the phone to mess with the volume.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #495 of 3,226
Got an email to say item shipped on the 27th, but the only tracking I have is that item is waiting to be picked up. The Global Order Tracking website shows nothing, Speedpost says my tracking number does not exist, and my local international cannot find the parcel. Looks like something has gone amiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back