[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Jul 27, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #511 of 3,226
Looking forward to getting one of these in the future. I will let everyone beta test the new units before pulling the trigger :wink:

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #514 of 3,226
Got an email to say item shipped on the 27th, but the only tracking I have is that item is waiting to be picked up. The Global Order Tracking website shows nothing, Speedpost says my tracking number does not exist, and my local international cannot find the parcel. Looks like something has gone amiss.
No, give it a few days. There is almost always lag between the shipper shipping and tracking numbers going live.

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #515 of 3,226
This seems great! Any new revision coming up for q1 series?

Would also like to know. A new Q1 with USB or a digital audio in on the same side as the outputs would be so cool. The only reason I still use my Q1mk2 with my iPod Video is that there is a line in on the same side as the output. FiiO I think you should take on consideration that most of us who buy portable dac/amp uses them for portable use, and there is nothing more bothering than having cables going out of all the directions. A portable amp should be thin and small like the Q1, but also should be pocketable when in use, something that is not possible if using the USB.
Also please go to USB-C, it's time.

Jul 27, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #521 of 3,226
So have been reading this thread for a few weeks trying to decide which way to go with an upgrade to the BTR3/FA7 combination I have currently. Basically trying to choose between Q5S or M11. Great to read all the opinions and thank you! Decision is Q5S + balanced cable as soon as I can source from UK based supplier.

BTW I am in the electronics industry and the R & D costs and effort for this quality of global product is large. To succeed your product needs a headliner which satisfies 75% of the market and if you can provide options for the other 25% [the amp choices in this instance] who want something more then you’ve done really well. In this case they’ve managed to keep backwards/forwards compatibility as well, that’s not easy. As for Fiio’s bottom line think we probably all want them to be able to afford to develop more great products!
Looking forward to getting one of these in the future. I will let everyone beta test the new units before pulling the trigger :wink:
Can Fiio give any info as to when units will be with distribution in the UK?

Jul 27, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #523 of 3,226
does the fiio q5s have auto shutoff ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back