[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Jun 29, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #286 of 3,226
Jun 29, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #288 of 3,226
Dear friend,
Thank you for the kind interest on our Q5s. All of us hope it could be released soon. We will try our best to speed up the process。:punch:

Best regards

I don't mind the delay: I'll have more time with my Q5 before I start wondering if I should upgrade to the Q5s! I have the AM3D to entertain me for a while.

I don't mind it too. When Stereo.sg asked whether they should cancel the order, I said no! I would rather have fully developed product than half-cooked product still on R&D. My experience with HIFIMAN was like that. They evolved HE1000 that way. Evolving V1, V2 and SE out the same product and asking 1000 USD for each evolved product as upgrades!
Nice to see FIIO being a Chinese company does not take such a route.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #289 of 3,226
I don't mind it too. When Stereo.sg asked whether they should cancel the order, I said no! I would rather have fully developed product than half-cooked product still on R&D. My experience with HIFIMAN was like that. They evolved HE1000 that way. Evolving V1, V2 and SE out the same product and asking 1000 USD for each evolved product as upgrades!
Nice to see HIFIMAN being a Chinese company does not take such a route.
Yes you are right i will wait too and get the q5s on realese but in germany they are 500dollars lul

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #290 of 3,226
And I have ordered FIIO AM3D module along with it. Building custom 4.4mm balanced cables for HE1000 V2 and Focal Clear. (-: I think I would sell AM3E module later if AM3D module gives better sound than AM3E.

Jun 29, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #291 of 3,226
Nice to see FIIO being a Chinese company does not take such a route.
I agree. I'll have a Chord Mojo to play with in the mean time, and if the Q5s is a worthwhile addition, I'll order then. I much, much prefer a fully developed product to one that is released to keep to an artificial (if public) schedule.

Jun 30, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #292 of 3,226
I agree. I'll have a Chord Mojo to play with in the mean time, and if the Q5s is a worthwhile addition, I'll order then. I much, much prefer a fully developed product to one that is released to keep to an artificial (if public) schedule.

I don't mind it too. When Stereo.sg asked whether they should cancel the order, I said no! I would rather have fully developed product than half-cooked product still on R&D.

This is still Fiio we are talking about. Considering their history, better to wait until the product actually releases in a relatively bug free state before giving them credit for all that, although the M11 doesn't seem to be having too many issues so far (?). Could just be manufacturing, parts procurement delays, or other mundane business reasons etc...

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #294 of 3,226
What is with using micro usb in late 2019? Even BTR3 uses usb c. Much better connector.
Connector doesn’t really matter except for reduction in cables. Have specific cables for specific devices already so, not really so bad with a ‘home base’.. Anyway, smth smth about Apple MFI certification. Brochures make a big deal of such for Q5/Q5s.

Doesn’t bother me too much as Lighting is ‘better’ than USB C, except only one product uses it :D Thankfully a standard Micro and not a Mini..

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #295 of 3,226
I ordered fiio am3b in January and it was not until late march that I was told fiio had canceled production; in the mean time the retail business had my money.

I did receive a reimbursement but in the process I lost faith in fiio to how they market their products. In fairness I can understand fiio's problem for the usa market in dealing with the tariff threat in the usa government.

Fiio leaves much to be desired in their marketing from my point of view. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #296 of 3,226
What is with using micro usb in late 2019? Even BTR3 uses usb c. Much better connector.
Dear friend,

In the development of Q5s, the Apple company released the type-c to Lightning conversion chip which could not be purchased in predictable time. So we still use the Micro USB design for the Q5s.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 4, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #297 of 3,226
Dear friend,

In the development of Q5s, the Apple company released the type-c to Lightning conversion chip which could not be purchased in predictable time. So we still use the Micro USB design for the Q5s.

usb c where worth for waiting
Best regards

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #298 of 3,226
The fiio and apple connection is problematic and I am a user of both apple and fiio.

I will most likely put off any purchase of apple and fiio q5s until after 2020 when this problem is resolved. This is not a major problem for me as I spend most of my time listening to audio and not researching the next 'best thing'' in audio technology. :)

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #299 of 3,226
Dear friend,

Best regards

While not ideal for the Q5s, this is actually good news for the future. It's an indication that the USB-C port will be on most Apple products in the future and I suspect this will be beneficial. In the mean time, I hope there's now a product roadmap (at least in theory) for a Q5s successor that includes the USB-C port. Still, the Q5s should be a pretty good device, I look forward to its release.

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #300 of 3,226
The fiio and apple connection is problematic and I am a user of both apple and fiio.

I will most likely put off any purchase of apple and fiio q5s until after 2020 when this problem is resolved. This is not a major problem for me as I spend most of my time listening to audio and not researching the next 'best thing'' in audio technology. :)
You can be interested in researching new technology and still enjoy listening to audio. One doesn't preclude the other and there is nothing wrong with those who are into the pursuit of newness. We all have our own journey through the hobby and all paths are equally valid, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back