[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Jun 26, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #271 of 3,226
It seems Q5S release is delayed again to beginning of September.

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #272 of 3,226
giphy.gif

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #274 of 3,226
Stereo.sg informed me in response to my preorder.

Jun 27, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #275 of 3,226
Stereo.sg informed me in response to my preorder.

Dear friend,
Thank you for the kind interest on our Q5s. All of us hope it could be released soon. We will try our best to speed up the process。:punch:

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 27, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #276 of 3,226
As disappointing as it must be, and I know the feeling of really wanting to try a piece of gear out but it isn't available, I think FiiO is working very hard behind the scenes. Ultimately we will all be very happy as a mature and absolutely wonderful sounding and designed Q5s will enter the field. I am very glad that FiiO has recognized the wonderful platform technology to update with new technical specifications the Q5 is. In fact, I am going to post a lovely shot of it.

Q5 and Edition X V2

CloseinHEXV2+Q5sized.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #277 of 3,226
Looks so nice but man, that looks heavy to lug around with a smartphone and heavy planar headphones at my school everyday.

Jun 27, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #278 of 3,226
Looks so nice but man, that looks heavy to lug around with a smartphone and heavy planar headphones at my school everyday.
No you absolutely wouldn't. This combination is absolutely full on, great sounding. Really some of the very finest sound out of system. I am proposing that the Q5 and available amplification modules can be the backbone of many wonderful systems where the small desktop footprint and killer (IMO) sound quality makes it very competent. Factor in the extremely well implemented wireless technology and excellent design and durability and this can be end game for many people, it can be that good. Again, in my opinion only.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #279 of 3,226
No you absolutely wouldn't. This combination is absolutely full on, great sounding. Really some of the very finest sound out of system. I am proposing that the Q5 and available amplification modules can be the backbone of many wonderful systems where the small desktop footprint and killer (IMO) sound quality makes it very competent.

I would definitely but this if FIIO could ensure that my lugging this amp with my HIFIMANS or Audeze headphones would ensure me a good date with a cute gal on my campus. Too bad that isn't covered by warranty :p.

Jun 27, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #280 of 3,226
I would definitely but this if FIIO could ensure that my lugging this amp with my HIFIMANS or Audeze headphones would ensure me a good date with a cute gal on my campus. Too bad that isn't covered by warranty :p.
LOL,
I can feel that. I have returned late in life to full-time university so I see the sea of people. Sometimes I end up thinking that youth is wasted on the young, but then I think how that makes me a grumpy 50 year old person:deadhorse:.

Jun 28, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #281 of 3,226
LOL,
I can feel that. I have returned late in life to full-time university so I see the sea of people. Sometimes I end up thinking that youth is wasted on the young, but then I think how that makes me a grumpy 50 year old person:deadhorse:.

No worries. I am that crazy 42 year old Yale University master's alumni who decided to return back to the University of Utah to switch to new majors in photography and computer science/video game design.
I can promise you that dragging around my LCD-2CB for a month, a Mobius, or my HIFIMAN did not attract anyone from the female species. In fact, I got a bunch of guys from the Apple Store who tried to crush on me due to my HIFIMAN cans. That was not my intended response :\ considering that I prefer only ladies :D.

Jun 28, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #282 of 3,226
No worries. I am that crazy 42 year old Yale University master's alumni who decided to return back to the University of Utah to switch to new majors in photography and computer science/video game design.
I can promise you that dragging around my LCD-2CB for a month, a Mobius, or my HIFIMAN did not attract anyone from the female species. In fact, I got a bunch of guys from the Apple Store who tried to crush on me due to my HIFIMAN cans. That was not my intended response :\ considering that I prefer only ladies :D.
Love it,
Must be kindred spirits. Cheers.

Jun 28, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #285 of 3,226
Yes, nothings get a women's attention like a sick portable rig like a good DAP, DAC and Amp stacked with rubber bands and some really great sounding open full sized planar headphones. Chick magnets, I tell you.
Yes so hard that my wife slaps me everytime

Users who are viewing this thread

Back