[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Apr 14, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #2,536 of 3,226
I'm Use USB DAC for pc and Bluetooth for smartphone. not use fast charger. And first time I dont know how to turn off charge.

I didn’t either so looked it up yesterday. If you expand the second post on the page below it explains it to you;

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...sb-bluetooth-spdif-line-input.902614/page-116

You will also have to have the ‘Fiio Control’ app on your phone as well if you haven’t already, I wasn’t aware of the app either to be honest. It is a useful tool as I have been able to adjust the balance and equaliser to suit my hearing amongst other things.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #2,537 of 3,226
I recently purchased the cl06 cable to go from my pixel 4xl to q5s and have had to stop using it due to interference noises. The interference noise is the sound you normally hear on a speaker if a phone is getting a text message or phone call come through (that's the only way I can describe it). Anyone else encountered this?

Apr 14, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #2,538 of 3,226
I recently purchased the cl06 cable to go from my pixel 4xl to q5s and have had to stop using it due to interference noises. The interference noise is the sound you normally hear on a speaker if a phone is getting a text message or phone call come through (that's the only way I can describe it). Anyone else encountered this?
I bought the cable but haven't really used it apart from a quick test which had it working without any issues. What are you using for a music player? I use USB Audio Player (pro version) which seems to be quite highly regarded because it apparently improves on the standard USB audio playback somehow which may mean it bypasses the usual phone interference.

Apr 15, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #2,539 of 3,226
Hi,

Are you playing DSD files at that time?

Best regards

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 15, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #2,541 of 3,226
I bought the cable but haven't really used it apart from a quick test which had it working without any issues. What are you using for a music player? I use USB Audio Player (pro version) which seems to be quite highly regarded because it apparently improves on the standard USB audio playback somehow which may mean it bypasses the usual phone interference.
Yeah I use usb audio player as well but it's also doing it in YouTube and Netflix as well

Apr 15, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #2,542 of 3,226
Yeah I use usb audio player as well but it's also doing it in YouTube and Netflix as well
I'm not that knowledgeable or experienced at these things. Do you have a tablet or other phone you could try? That would rule out a faulty cable at least. Do you have developer options enabled? Is the USB audio routing enabled in the developer settings?

Apr 15, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #2,543 of 3,226
I'm not that knowledgeable or experienced at these things. Do you have a tablet or other phone you could try? That would rule out a faulty cable at least. Do you have developer options enabled? Is the USB audio routing enabled in the developer settings?
It does it with other cables as well. I just tried it. Don't have another android device to test. Disable usb audio routing is unchecked in dev options

Apr 15, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #2,544 of 3,226
It does it with other cables as well. I just tried it. Don't have another android device to test. Disable usb audio routing is unchecked in dev options
Those are the only obvious ones that I can think of, hopefully someone else may offer a solution for you - good luck

Apr 16, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #2,545 of 3,226
Not a need really, I just find having it raised a bit makes it easier to access the dial and change iems/headphones, also if I have a drink around I know it should be safe from spills.
not gonna lie...this holder is pretty cool. I always have these cool fabric swatches I put down so that my rig doesnt lay directly on the table. I like this solution...its different.

Apr 16, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #2,547 of 3,226
I could not find any product page dedicated to FiiO Q5s, so I made one and copied my in-depth review there as well :)

So here is my review of FiiO Q5s, on Audiophile-Heaven, and Head-Fi! :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/04/fiio-q5s-modular-dacamp-review.html

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fi...if-line-input.24314/reviews#item-review-23550

FiiO-Q5S-APT-X-THX-Modular-DAC-AMP-Portable-Amplifier-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-20.jpg

Apr 18, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #2,548 of 3,226
FiiO SW not running on Windows 10? - You might be missing a specific version of Microsoft's .NET 3.5 on your PC.

Long Time Head-Fi reader, but new as a poster.
Just thought I'd pass on some advice as I ran into this when updating my Firmware on both a Q5 and Q5s using Windows 10 ver. 1803 or newer

I've seen questions about FiiO's installers and Windows 10 (quite a bit earlier in this thread, and other FiiO threads) and wanted to pass on this info.
Coming from the PC industry, I recognized the error when I got it, as the cryptic typical MS error box for .Net
Newer Versions of Windows 10 do NOT have the older versions of .Net by default (it only loads version 3.54 and 4.x, which are supposed to be 100% backwards compatible...They are not)
Don't want to clutter up Head-Fi with the process to load older versions of .Net, as it is well documented on the various Microsoft/Win 10 forums out there.
But if your having this problem, look to load Microsoft .Net 3.5 and .Net 3.52 as it appears the base code for the FiiO installer is looking for those older versions of Microsoft's .Net 3.5
You can have all of the older versions of .Net running along side the latest 3.5x releases.
Once I loaded the older versions of .Net regardless of the version of Win 10 ( worked on my and friends PC's who also use FiiO products) the updaters and installers ran fine and properly updated the Firmware.

CAUTION: Just make sure you go back and run the Microsoft Windows Update tool to insure you get ALL the patches for the older versions of .Net 3.5x as there are some NASTY exploits and viruses that are looking for the older unpatched versions of .Net

Hope this helps someone on this forum

Apr 18, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #2,549 of 3,226
interested in purchasing q5s. i already have a fiio a5 and e12. is there a good synergy if i use them together with my hd600 for example? q5s (dac) line out - fiioa5 or e12-hd600.

To my ears most (if not all Fiio recent devices) really benefit from receiving DSD signal. So if you have a device capable of converting realtime PCM to DSD (DSD64 is enough), you will have amazing DAC and sound quality. That is because of AKM dac chips inside of the devices. I was sceptical at first reading in the other threads in the forum, but when tried, its big and noticable change.

That being said, i cant comment on the exact devices you mentioned, but for Q5 and E12a i can. Its a good pairing, not amazing though. If you are looking for musical type of sound, its alright (mid tones are more forward than the rest i found it). The e12 s are not the most detailed of amplifiers. Smooth sound, not very dynamic. Has a good Bass Boost Option however on the e12s to bring more Bass to HD600 s. Its like out of 5 you get 3.5/4 Stars sound. But then again, different people different tastes. If you like mid forward sound tone, you will like the pairing overall.

Meybe wait for other opinions on the exact devices.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back