[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Apr 7, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #2,521 of 3,226
Dear user,

1. The Q5s has charge on/off option. You could set this via FiiO Music APP if you don't want to charge the Q5s while connecting to the PC. When the Q5s is fully charged, the 4 side indicator will light blue.
2. Have you set the output mode to ASIO and play a music file with high sample rate?

Best regards

Thank you for the reply, in answer to your questions;

1. I am not necessarily worried about the battery charging whilst connected to a laptop, I just don't want to be reducing it's life by overcharging it. Does the battery continue to charge once it has reached it's capacity or does it have memory?

2. I haven't and cannot see how, not that I am aware of what it is and what it does anyway (I haven't seen any reference to it in the user guide). My Fiio control panel only has: Status, Format, Buffer Settings and Info. It does however stat in the Buffer Settings that ASIO not active.

I did however manage to work out how to alter the sample rate by accessing the properties of the Q5s within the Sound Control Panel of the laptop. In the Advanced tab I could change the bit depth and sample rate, I just set it to it's maximum 32 bit 384000 Hz and everything on Amazon Music has now played at it's correct output.

1586240679490.png

This only works when it is connected via usb though. If connected via bluetooth the maximum rate is limited to 16 bit and 44100 Hz, should this be the case?

1586241431765.png

Any further advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Apr 7, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #2,523 of 3,226
Bluetooth on PC is very limited, no LDAC. Maximum you can get is probably APTx 16/48 loosely compressed.

Thank you. I've no real previous experience of trying to understand digital music beyond the realms of a CD collection and listening to music on Youtube etc so it is pretty much all new to me. I did wonder/hope if that was the case so I'll just use it plugged in via usb, which is no problem for me and how I will be using it predominantly (assuming it isn't prematurely toasting the battery by doing so of course).

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #2,529 of 3,226
Someone have tutorial to teardown FiiO Q5s for replace battery?
I have six months old Q5s and battery are swollen, but seem I cant take it apart to remove battery.
Hi,
Sorry to hear about that.
Please contact your seller about that first.

If the seller fails to help, please contact us again with the receipt attached.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 11, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #2,530 of 3,226
Hi,
Sorry to hear about that.
Please contact your seller about that first.

If the seller fails to help, please contact us again with the receipt attached.

Best regards

Thank you, I have asked local dealer to replace new one but it's difficult because coronavirus lockdown.
They will send new one to me.

YvlTM7q.jpg

0RUCwQr.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #2,533 of 3,226
About 5-7 hours per day as USB DAC (sometime bluetooth dac)

That's quite a lot of usage but imo shouldn't contribute to the battery getting swollen like that. Hopefully yours is a defective battery :triportsad:. My usage is like several times every 2 to 3 weeks and each session is about an hour. I have three other dac/amps with DAPs to choose from :smile_phones:

Apr 13, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #2,534 of 3,226
Someone have tutorial to teardown FiiO Q5s for replace battery?
I have six months old Q5s and battery are swollen, but seem I cant take it apart to remove battery.
About 5-7 hours per day as USB DAC (sometime bluetooth dac)

I'm curious why this happened. I understand that you used it mostly as USB DAC. With a phone or PC? Was the battery almost always fully charged or did you use the "charge off" function to cycle it? Did you use fast chargers?

Apr 14, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #2,535 of 3,226
I'm curious why this happened. I understand that you used it mostly as USB DAC. With a phone or PC? Was the battery almost always fully charged or did you use the "charge off" function to cycle it? Did you use fast chargers?

I'm Use USB DAC for pc and Bluetooth for smartphone. not use fast charger. And first time I dont know how to turn off charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back