[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Nov 28, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #2,224 of 3,226
I am using my Q5S with USB-out from my Galaxy phone, how much volume should I keep my phone at, it is bit surprising both the amp and mobile can charge volume.

Also does the Q5S support Quick Charge.

Sorry though if these are noob questions.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #2,225 of 3,226
I am using my Q5S with USB-out from my Galaxy phone, how much volume should I keep my phone at, it is bit surprising both the amp and mobile can charge volume.

Also does the Q5S support Quick Charge.

Sorry though if these are noob questions.
As far as I understand usb-audio, the volume should be controlled solely by the Q5s ie your phone will just feed digital signal to Q5s. No need to bother with adjusting your phone volume.

Nov 28, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #2,226 of 3,226
As far as I understand usb-audio, the volume should be controlled solely by the Q5s ie your phone will just feed digital signal to Q5s. No need to bother with adjusting your phone volume.

Which is what I expected i,e volume should be locked in my Galaxy Note 10+ apparently it's not I am able to change its volume as well as the Amp,

FYI I am using Spotify, haven't tried other players yet.

@FiiO What is the recommended volume level in Android here.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #2,227 of 3,226
Which is what I expected i,e volume should be locked in my Galaxy Note 10+ apparently it's not I am able to change its volume as well as the Amp,

If I were you mrlobaba, it'll be fantastic if I can maintain the volume of the Galaxy Note 10 to acceptable sound level, then only adjust the Q5s volume, otherwise the next time you listen using only the phone, the sound would be boombastic :darthsmile:

Nov 28, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #2,228 of 3,226

Keep your phone at full volume

And dont forget to enable ldac

Nov 28, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #2,230 of 3,226
Thank you guys.

Also do you happen to know if the Q5S support Quick Charge, there is no information from FiiO in this regard, I am just curious.
No it doesnt

Nov 29, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #2,232 of 3,226
If one uses usb connection, why have to enable ldac? Isn't that only for bluetooth connection? Sorry if this question sounds weird...I've only connected to q5s from DAP and not from phone.
Yes you are right my fault

Nov 29, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #2,233 of 3,226
Using the Q5s only for spotify is a waste imo i hope you gonna use it to its full potential? :p
When you play DSD/FLAC with apps like the Fiio Player or Onkyo HF Player you will be asked to make it your standard USB device, meaning everything is passing trough the phone and to the Q5s, and you will not be able to change the phone volume, only on the Fiio (then the real magic happens) Android has LDAC support, try it, it sound great! (Wired is always better ofcourse)

Listening to DSD and see that green light shine on the Q5s is very satisfying :)

Nov 29, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #2,234 of 3,226
Does anyone have issues with the Bluetooth playback buttons rattling when being tapped?

Nov 29, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #2,235 of 3,226
Using the Q5s only for spotify is a waste imo i hope you gonna use it to its full potential? :p
When you play DSD/FLAC with apps like the Fiio Player or Onkyo HF Player you will be asked to make it your standard USB device, meaning everything is passing trough the phone and to the Q5s, and you will not be able to change the phone volume, only on the Fiio (then the real magic happens) Android has LDAC support, try it, it sound great! (Wired is always better ofcourse)

Listening to DSD and see that green light shine on the Q5s is very satisfying :)

Yes I agree, Its just that I haven't got a chance to transfer my music collection to my phone (I got the Q5S yesterday), soon I'll be transferring it and use the Q5S the correct way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back