[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Nov 10, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #2,162 of 3,226
Does anyone has any news of new amp module? Or it already has its own thread?

I want to order amp module, but seller said that I should wait for next month, new amp module is coming.

Nov 11, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #2,163 of 3,226
I would try the hard reset and re-pair your devices. I bet that solves your issue.

Thanks, this worked for me! When i connected my Q5s to my iPad or iPhone the sound cuts off every 2 seconds for 1 second. After the reset and pairing again it works great on the new firmware.

Question: Do i imagine things, or does the balanced ports (2.5,4.4) have more power to drive bigger headphones? I got a Sennheiser HD650 and with the 3.5mm it falls a bit short of driving it. I got a 3.5—>2.5mm converter and on the 2.5mm output its sounds way louder&better than the 3.5mm connetion. I also read that its not wise to connect a non balanced cable to a balanced output. Is it worth to get a balanced cable for the Sennheiser or is that just for people who have to much money (not me anyway haha)

Nov 11, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #2,164 of 3,226
Thanks, this worked for me! When i connected my Q5s to my iPad or iPhone the sound cuts off every 2 seconds for 1 second. After the reset and pairing again it works great on the new firmware.

Question: Do i imagine things, or does the balanced ports (2.5,4.4) have more power to drive bigger headphones? I got a Sennheiser HD650 and with the 3.5mm it falls a bit short of driving it. I got a 3.5—>2.5mm converter and on the 2.5mm output its sounds way louder&better than the 3.5mm connetion. I also read that its not wise to connect a non balanced cable to a balanced output. Is it worth to get a balanced cable for the Sennheiser or is that just for people who have to much money (not me anyway haha)
Dont use this adapter throw it away it can damage your gear badly get a balanced cable

Its no problem to use a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter butbnot otherwise

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #2,165 of 3,226
The inability to access the settings via iOS is potentially turning this thing into a dealbreaker for me. :frowning2:

Thought this would be fixed by now but I still have no way of accessing the settings in the Fiio app. In fact now I can't seem to even get it to connect to my phone via Bluetooth. Never shows up in the "Devices" list.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #2,166 of 3,226
The inability to access the settings via iOS is potentially turning this thing into a dealbreaker for me. :frowning2:

Thought this would be fixed by now but I still have no way of accessing the settings in the Fiio app. In fact now I can't seem to even get it to connect to my phone via Bluetooth. Never shows up in the "Devices" list.
Let me see if I can try to help out FiiO here with this issue :). This issue have been discussed many times now earlier on in this thread. I struggled with this same issue, accessing BT Control on iOS, when I got the Q5s and trying to access the BT Control via my iPhone 8+. After many trials and errors and finally understood what were going on under the hood, here are the steps that will make sure the BT Control will be able to connect with the Q5S every time, at least for me :).

1. Don't turn ON your Q5s yet.
2. Ensure your iPhone's Settings -> Bluetooth is ON.
3. Run the FiiO Music app and get to the BT Control: Settings -> FiiO BT Control.
3.1. At this point, you should see a blank page at the FiiO BT Control section.
4. Turn ON your Q5s and put into Bluetooth mode by pressing the Bluetooth paring button for about 2 seconds or so.
5. You should now see a display under the FiiO BT Control section, saying FiiO Q5s & Disconnected.
6. Select this display and it should change to FiiO Q5s & Connected.
6. Select this display again and you should now be getting to the Q5s Status area where you can then do the things that you need to do :).

The problem with the new owners of Q5s and the iOS platform is that they would pair the FiiO Music app first by getting the Q5s to pair and connect first with the iPhone itself via iPhone's Settings -> Bluetooth listing. Then, they would try to access the FiiO BT Control afterward. Without having access to FiiO's codes, I can only guess that Fiio BT Control will also trying to pair (talk) to the Q5s via another Bluetooth connection instead of the Bluetooth connection that is currently active between the iPhone itself and the Q5s. With this setup on iOS, you will see that the FiiB BT Control will sometime be able to establish another Bluetooth connection and even displays the Q5s status screen briefly, but will then be immediately disconnected. Most of the time, however, it will simply unable to connect and you will be greeted with the FiiO Q5s & Disconnected display under the FiiO BT Control screen.

Please try my steps above and let me know if you will be successful this time. If it works, I recommend FiiO adds these steps to their Q5s Support page at least for iOS platform to avoid losing current & potential customers. Good luck.

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #2,167 of 3,226
Using the Q5s with the AM3D module via 3.5mm with my KEF SpaceOne. Very nice.

Nov 12, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #2,168 of 3,226
Please try my steps above and let me know if you will be successful this time. If it works, I recommend FiiO adds these steps to their Q5s Support page at least for iOS platform to avoid losing current & potential customers. Good luck.

Thanks. It did not work for me. Following these steps, I was able to access the settings page for a few seconds but then a "Bluetooth Pairing Request" dialog box appears saying "Fiio Q5 would like to pair with your iPhone". Pressing either "cancel" or "pair" causes it to disconnect and the settings page to disappear. At that point it becomes impossible to access the settings page again.

I think I will be sending this unit back. I may buy it again if and when they have the kinks worked out.

This unfortunately seems to be a device intended for Android/Windows.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #2,169 of 3,226
Thanks. It did not work for me. I was able to access the settings page for a few seconds but then a dialog box appears saying "Do you want to pair this device?" Pressing either "cancel" or "pair" causes it to disconnect and the settings page to disappear.

I think I will be sending this unit back. I may buy it again if and when they have the kinks worked out.

This unfortunately seems to be a device intended for Android/Windows.
I am sorry it did not work for you. My steps assume that your iPhone has already been paired with Q5s at some point. Were you able to pair your Q5s with your iPhone at all? Have you tried holding the Bluetooth pair button until the led was flashing red to entering paring mode while your iPhone's Settings -> Bluetooth is ON?

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #2,170 of 3,226
I am sorry it did not work for you. My steps assume that your iPhone has already been paired with Q5s at some point. Were you able to pair your Q5s with your iPhone at all? Have you tried holding the Bluetooth pair button until the led was flashing red to entering paring mode while your iPhone's Settings -> Bluetooth is ON?

Nope, not able to pair at all. When I turn on Bluetooth and press the "pairing" button on the Q5s, it does not show up in the "Devices" list; even if I leave it there for 10 minutes, my phone never finds it. It only connects to it through the Fiio app and then it asks to pair, which causes the connection made by the Fiio app to fail.

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #2,171 of 3,226
Nope, not able to pair at all. When I turn on Bluetooth and press the "pairing" button on the Q5s, it does not show up in the "Devices" list; even if I leave it there for 10 minutes, my phone never finds it. It only connects to it through the Fiio app and then it asks to pair, which causes the connection made by the Fiio app to fail.
Did you press the Bluetooth pairing button on the Q5s until the led light was flashing red? Also, did you tried to turn Bluetooth OFF and then ON on your iPhone?

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #2,172 of 3,226

Before the update i could access the setting bt control In the fiio app, but now i also see the setting for a second and it retuns me to the device list. Something they screwed up in the most recent update. Dont know if its the Fiio iPhone app (last updated 6 days ago) or the Q5s firmware update (also updated recently) remind me never update a functional product :wink:

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #2,173 of 3,226
Okay, so I was able to pair the device (didn't know I had to wait until the light turned red), but still cannot access the settings. That stupid "Pairing Request" box still shows up and ruins the connection.

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #2,174 of 3,226
Okay, so I was able to pair the device (didn't know I had to wait until the light turned red), but still cannot access the settings. That stupid "Pairing Request" box still shows up and ruins the connection.
Very good. Now, we've made some progress. Once you have the paring of the Q5s with your iPhone, you can now turn off your Q5S. Then follow the steps I have posted earlier and let me know what you can accomplish this time.

If you see the paring popup around step 5., go ahead and accept the pairing.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #2,175 of 3,226
Very good. Now, we've made some progress. Once you have the paring of the Q5s with your iPhone, you can now turn off your Q5S. Then follow the steps I have posted earlier and let me know what you can accomplish this time.

If you see the paring popup around step 5., go ahead and accept the pairing.

It worked! The popup showed up, but I pressed "Pair" and this time it did not cause me to leave the settings menu. I was able to adjust the idle standby setting, which is what I wanted to change in the first place. Thank you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back