[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Oct 8, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #1,996 of 3,226
Just get another music player like Neutron or ONKYO HF Player. Both have good equalizers that work with whatever codec.
Nah, I mostly don't care about EQ for my music. If I'm to use EQ, it'll probably be with movies etc. Still, it would've been nice to have a better EQ on board for people that use it, even if it's not for me. Not a must though.

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #1,997 of 3,226
Can FiiO please try to update things so that if you set the charge option to off that the setting remains in memory. As it is you have to turn it off each time. Not that huge an issue, but it would be great to not need to do it every time. Thanks.

This wouldn't work because theoretically you could end up with a completely discharged battery and that charge switch being "off" the unit will be dead. But on the other hand when the unit is not powered, the software setting of "charge off" can be inactive and you could start charging with unit off.
Assigning a hardware button to "charging on/off" as @tolis626 suggested is a great ideea, but please leave the "Bass" switch alone... :p I like it and I use it often with older thinner-sounding albums. A long press on the BT "previous" button would be best for this.

@FiiO is it possible to assign a long press on the Bluetooth "Previous" button for "charging on/off" setting in a future firmware?

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #1,998 of 3,226
This wouldn't work because theoretically you could end up with a completely discharged battery and that charge switch being "off" the unit will be dead. But on the other hand when the unit is not powered, the software setting of "charge off" can be inactive and you could start charging with unit off.
Assigning a hardware button to "charging on/off" as @tolis626 suggested is a great ideea, but please leave the "Bass" switch alone... :p I like it and I use it often with older thinner-sounding albums. A long press on the BT "previous" button would be best for this.

@FiiO is it possible to assign a long press on the Bluetooth "Previous" button for "charging on/off" setting in a future firmware?
Hahahaha I ain't touching your switch. :beyersmile:

What I wanted to do with it was maybe have it be configurable. Like, have an option to do it either by long pressing the previous track button, the previous+next track buttons together, or have the bass switch be a charging switch. That would be the best option IMO. At least, if such a thing is even possible, but I can't see why it wouldn't be.

Oct 9, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #1,999 of 3,226
Assigning a hardware button to "charging on/off" as @tolis626 suggested is a great ideea, but please leave the "Bass" switch alone... :p I like it and I use it often with older thinner-sounding albums.
Bass switch is terrible sounding for me, it raises even lower middles and result is humming bass. Better option is player equalizer and raise only under 200Hz, for instance in UAPP you can switch it on/off if not bitperfect playing.
@FiiO Maybe it would be good idea for next firmware to have this frequency for bass switch configurable in Fiio Music if it is possible - this would improve bass sound quality a lot. Currently it is set to 1kHz - this is too high.

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #2,000 of 3,226

I'm not sure what is worse, I still think I would rather have a setting that remains and turns off charging. If people forget to do this manually, every time, eventually the battery will be useless and not be able to hold a charge. That is what happens to batteries that are always full, I have seen it several times. We have battery level indicators so that we could see if the battery was getting close to discharged and then turn on charging. I am asking for a solution that might work for the units currently produced so a new hardware switch will not help them, but a software/firmware fix would.

Oct 9, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #2,002 of 3,226
Can FiiO please try to update things so that if you set the charge option to off that the setting remains in memory. As it is you have to turn it off each time. Not that huge an issue, but it would be great to not need to do it every time. Thanks.
Dear friend,

We have reported to the engineer for assessing about that.

Thanks for your kind feedback.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 10, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #2,003 of 3,226
I'm not sure what is worse, I still think I would rather have a setting that remains and turns off charging. If people forget to do this manually, every time, eventually the battery will be useless and not be able to hold a charge. That is what happens to batteries that are always full, I have seen it several times. We have battery level indicators so that we could see if the battery was getting close to discharged and then turn on charging. I am asking for a solution that might work for the units currently produced so a new hardware switch will not help them, but a software/firmware fix would.

I suppose the top request here is to off the back charging. I think this can be incorporated into the selection button (e.g. by long press to manually off the charging function) using firmware update.

Oct 10, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #2,004 of 3,226
Bass switch is terrible sounding for me, it raises even lower middles and result is humming bass. Better option is player equalizer and raise only under 200Hz, for instance in UAPP you can switch it on/off if not bitperfect playing.
@FiiO Maybe it would be good idea for next firmware to have this frequency for bass switch configurable in Fiio Music if it is possible - this would improve bass sound quality a lot. Currently it is set to 1kHz - this is too high.

For my usage, I like it how it is implemented. I use it only when I need warmer sound and to take the edge off vocals. So the fact that it adds body to lower mids is good for me. But yeah - configurable shelf would be best.

Oct 10, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #2,005 of 3,226
Dear friend,

We have reported to the engineer for assessing about that.

Thanks for your kind feedback.

Best regards

@FiiO Any news about new firmware?

Oct 10, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #2,006 of 3,226
I suppose the top request here is to off the back charging. I think this can be incorporated into the selection button (e.g. by long press to manually off the charging function) using firmware update.
Sounds plausible, yes I like the idea of incorporating things in this way. Lets hope that it is possible.

Oct 10, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #2,007 of 3,226
Hey guys, quick question. Has anyone used the Q5s with Audeze headphones? I mean, like the LCD-2C or similar, not their very efficient stuff. If yes, how does the combo work? An Audeze is among the things I want to buy, but I'm unsure whether it'd play properly from the Q5s. If not, I'll probably look into a desktop setup first!

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #2,009 of 3,226
The latest firmware is 0.39 right? Cause that what i see in Revision section in Fiio control panel.
There is 0.39 too? What we are known as the latest been 0.37 which had been posted here by a member. I see Fiio is bit silent on new firmware release while they continue to develop it. @FiiO Please update us what is the progress? Someone who has 0.39 file please post it here.

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #2,010 of 3,226
Is it normal that there is a soft ground hiss that does not get louder or quieter when i change the volume. Its the same whit all iems or headphones. Bluetooth or wired. Am1 am3e and am3d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back