FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Apr 29, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #1,861 of 3,173
Can anybody provide an answer to my previous question? Basically I would like to stop the q5 from charging when I connect my S8 via USB. Do I need a certain cable? I have been using Shanling L2 cable
Ya there is a cable on eBay. It is listed here in the first couple of pages or so on this thread but if you search oppo ha2 se cable you will find it. I will look and post a link!

Here is a link to it.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/10cm-Left-An...t-both-ends-for-OPPO-HA-2SE-DAC-/292052970340

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #1,863 of 3,173
@Duncan totally agree with you about Bluetooth. When well implemented it is as good as wired connection to my ears. If there are differences, they would be so small that they could at that point be explained by expectation. I would warrant that in blind listening tests people would not be able to reliably tell the difference between a good Bluetooth, or wired connection. I'm really looking forward to the Q5 arrival here. I have used many Bluetooth devices and currently have the iFi IOne so very curious to hear the Q5 Bluetooth implementation which I expect to be excellent.

Apr 29, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #1,864 of 3,173
Q5 dropping packets, studdering using aptX Bluetooth from Galaxy Note 4.

From IPhone 7 and Ipod 5th generation no dropped packets or studdering, but that is obviously lower bit rate.

Annoying.

Apr 29, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #1,865 of 3,173
I see there is a firmware version 0.52 on the Fiio website, but - when I try the installer it tells me there is a dll file missing - there are only two files in the installer...

Does anyone know how to coax this into life? :)

Oops, special times - installed the Fiio USB driver, that was where the DLL was - well, I'm now trying upgrading from 0.48 to 0.52...

So, the firmware upgrade programme - I needed to run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode (it would just hang otherwise) - after that, we have:

fiio_q5.jpg

Does anyone know what the difference is between 0.48 and 0.52? :)

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #1,866 of 3,173
Can anybody provide an answer to my previous question? Basically I would like to stop the q5 from charging when I connect my S8 via USB. Do I need a certain cable? I have been using Shanling L2 cable

Can you try FiiO's cable? It worked fine for me and Q5 was not charging from any device I had it connected to :)

Apr 29, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #1,867 of 3,173
Does anyone know what the difference is between 0.48 and 0.52?
From Google translate:

1. Add USB1.0 drive-free mode, use: Press and hold the “previous” key to insert USB.

(Note: 1 Only in Q5, when the new production and marketed Q5 has this function, the driver-free function cannot be obtained after the Q5 firmware is already on the market. For this difference, the old user can collect it through the official sales platform—Tmall flagship store. Product coupons are compensated, if you need the drive-free function, you can also contact the after-sale factory to upgrade. 2 If you need to play DSD tracks on your computer, then you still have to install the Q5 USB DAC driver on your computer.)
2. Correct the opposite problem of "slow down" and "short delay down" in the DAC filter settings.
3. When the side data is corrected, the side port charging problem cannot be automatically activated.

source: http://bbs.fiio.net/note/showNoteContent.do?id=201804201612337828588

also there is BT firmware update (2.2 beta) here: http://bbs.fiio.net/note/showNoteContent.do?id=201803271059044086605

with the change log:
The main changes to the Bluetooth firmware:
1. Added Q5 support for Android FiiO MUSIC APP

(Need to install the new version of the Fei Aole Music App. The specific APP will be on the shelves. Please pay attention to recent news)
2. Solve some bugs that go directly into pairing mode and backlink pairing

Apr 29, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #1,869 of 3,173
I have a question about DSD music files. I have some DSD music from HDTracks. Am using the Hiby App on my iPhone 7 and running it to USB cable on the Q5 from the Lightning connection. Cannot get the DSD to light up on the side of the Q5. Anyone else having problems playing DSD files on iOS?

Thanks

Apr 29, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #1,870 of 3,173
Apr 30, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #1,871 of 3,173
Updated the BT through the process that ClassicGod outlined, or did you do something separate?
With the link provided above, followed the process (with a lot of help from Google Translate).

Apr 30, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #1,872 of 3,173
I have a question about DSD music files. I have some DSD music from HDTracks. Am using the Hiby App on my iPhone 7 and running it to USB cable on the Q5 from the Lightning connection. Cannot get the DSD to light up on the side of the Q5. Anyone else having problems playing DSD files on iOS?

Thanks

I have a similar issue with my Samsung S8 using UAPP....playing DSD but the light refuses to come on....definately not playing through android in settings but i get a pop-up saying no DAC is connected

Any help appreciated!

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #1,873 of 3,173
I have a similar issue with my Samsung S8 using UAPP....playing DSD but the light refuses to come on....definately not playing through android in settings but i get a pop-up saying no DAC is connected

Any help appreciated!

Just for a long shot are you absolutely sure in settings in UAPP that you do not have the play DSD over PCM box checked?

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #1,875 of 3,173
I have native DSD checked

Ya thought it was along shot. How do you like the q5 paired with a phone. I am considering pairing a q5 with my axon 7 mini I but still torn between just getting a dap like fiio x7ii. I currently have a 200gb SD in my axon but 124/96 will eat that up fairly fast. Still a lot of music. The 400gb cards are still to costly lol. I really want to stick with my phone and double face vhb tape the q5 to the back to the clear tpu case. That way I can easily remove phone and maybe get another clear tpu case??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back