FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Mar 2, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #1,441 of 3,173
Yes, the q5 was still being charged. It is not actually a cable, but an otg adapter I got from amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07449RJV8/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1). Its description doesn't say anything explicitly about the id pin, but it did mention making the phone a host so I thought it should work, but maybe it's false advertisment?
Anyway, I then bought the cable for oppo ha-2 from ebay (which hasnt arrived yet) as others suggested, but I do actually want one that's longer (~50cm). Is there any longer cable that's known to work? Thanks!

Hm, I've got the oppo cable from eBay, and it still charges the DAC (my phone is galaxy note 8) so it's probably not a solution ... Even though the description on eBay clearly states it's otg on both sides and doesn't charge your DAC ..

Mar 3, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #1,442 of 3,173
10078297.jpg

Mar 3, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #1,445 of 3,173
Dumb question: is the AM5 made with the same color of Q5?

Mar 5, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #1,449 of 3,173
I can confrim that Q5 matches the color with AMP5 and most of my photos were actually taken with AMP5 on rather than with the AM03A it comes with :)
oh, thanks!
The difference in battery longevity (compared to am3a) is noticeable?

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #1,452 of 3,173
Hm, I've got the oppo cable from eBay, and it still charges the DAC (my phone is galaxy note 8) so it's probably not a solution ... Even though the description on eBay clearly states it's otg on both sides and doesn't charge your DAC ..
If the Q5's light flashes, it will be recharged. If only a mobile phone prompt is charging the device. It's normal, and it's not recharged.

Mar 6, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #1,454 of 3,173
If the Q5's light flashes, it will be recharged. If only a mobile phone prompt is charging the device. It's normal, and it's not recharged.

BTW, I've been using Q5 for a while with LCD-MX4, and they make an amazing pairing!

Quite excellent through and through and I'm really glad that with AMP5, Q5 is a real force to drive them LCD's

Will post more photos after I manage to develop them XD

Mar 6, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #1,455 of 3,173
Nope, I would love it to be so, but actually my Galaxy Note 8 gets 87% to 36% in under an hour of playback:frowning2:
But mybad, I ordered mindlessly the Oppo cable. The same seller has also a fiio Q5 cable newly listed, so I ordered that one and will give it a try. (apparently there are some differences as the charging prevention stuff probably could not be done on the usbc side)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back