FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Feb 27, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #1,412 of 3,173
IMO the brightness of the LED is perfect as is. No need to be brighter, or it would be annoying indoors or when charging in the dark in the same room where sleeping.
I'll use the Q5 80% at my desk and 20% outside... so it is the other way around for me.

It's not "hard to tell" what mode you're in when on the go, because you're either in
Bluetooth mode / no cable attached / easy to tell
OR
USB mode / cable attached / easy to tell.
If no music is playing in either mode it will shut itself off after timeout so no need "to tell" if it's on or off.

Aren't you sick of BLUE BRIGHT LEDs ? I surely am... :D

I asked if it possible to increase the brightness and for me implied that you can "revert" the brightness to a default level when you have to use it indoor. That is: adjustable brightness :D
When I'm indoor the brightness is perfect, when I'm outdoor is hard to tell if I'm not listening to any sound because I haven't press for enough time the start button (q5 is off) or because it's still pairing (blue led flashing). I need to create some shadow with my hand to check and that's not immediate! I repeat, it's not a major issue, but being designed as a portable device it's kinda strange that you have such problems when you use the q5 outdoor :cold_sweat:

btw, indoor I'm using Razer Chroma devices, so I'm used to adjust the color and the brightness of the leds :nerd:

Feb 28, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #1,414 of 3,173
I asked if it possible to increase the brightness and for me implied that you can "revert" the brightness to a default level when you have to use it indoor. That is: adjustable brightness :D
When I'm indoor the brightness is perfect, when I'm outdoor is hard to tell if I'm not listening to any sound because I haven't press for enough time the start button (q5 is off) or because it's still pairing (blue led flashing). I need to create some shadow with my hand to check and that's not immediate! I repeat, it's not a major issue, but being designed as a portable device it's kinda strange that you have such problems when you use the q5 outdoor :cold_sweat:

btw, indoor I'm using Razer Chroma devices, so I'm used to adjust the color and the brightness of the leds :nerd:
Oh, I see. I didn't read your post properly, sorry. Adjustable is OK :) I just want the current setting, and I don't have any problems outdoors.

Mar 1, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #1,419 of 3,173
please excuse my ignorance I am just getting into portable audio. what cables would I need to use the Q5 with my iphone 6s+? are they included, or do i need to purchase separately? thanks
Dear friend,

The lightning to micro usb cable comes with the Q5 as well. But if you need a longer one, you may need to buy it separately.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 1, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #1,421 of 3,173
I am having trouble pairing in BT from Q5 to ipod touch gen 6. Any advice?
Make sure you press and hold the Bluetooth button till the light turns blue. Wait till the light flashes blue and red. Try pairing then

Mar 1, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #1,422 of 3,173
Make sure you press and hold the Bluetooth button till the light turns blue. Wait till the light flashes blue and red. Try pairing then

Thanks,
Already doing that but no luck so far

I am getting the DSD light on via android but not from ipod touch through provided cable. Any limitation with transport of DSD over that cable?

Mar 1, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #1,423 of 3,173
20180301_230157_001[1].jpg

20180301_230110[1].jpg

Alright....now were in business :)

Mar 1, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #1,425 of 3,173
Wow, didn't know iPods can do DSD. (transport native to external DAC that is)
Waiting for your video review @Hawaiibadboy :) I saw in your latest video it will be a 4 devices comparison?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back