FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Mar 6, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #841 of 3,173
Ya looking forward for more details about Q5, I'm imagining stacking it with my old mobile phone as a complete solution , rather than buying an expensive DAP, because I can change the phone for faster UI in future and retain the Q5.

Mar 6, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #842 of 3,173
Ya looking forward for more details about Q5, I'm imagining stacking it with my old mobile phone as a complete solution , rather than buying an expensive DAP, because I can change the phone for faster UI in future and retain the Q5.

My Xiaomi mi max would love a q5 !

Imagine the possibilities especially with a large tablet for watching music videos!

Mar 6, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #844 of 3,173

Do you think Value of the Q5 is greater than X5-3 (as you used one) - Same DAC - Hopefully better battery life than X5.

If you already own X5-3, you probably don't need Q5 as much as people who only have a phone and want a better sound 
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #846 of 3,173
*** edit - wrong thread ***

Mar 12, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #848 of 3,173
Which iPhone will the Q5 (with the AM5 module attached) be closest in size to?

I plan on stacking the Q5 with an iPhone (or iPod) and am just wondering which one will be the best physical match?

1. iPhone SE / iPod touch (4 inch screen)
  2. iPhone 6/7 (4.7 inch screen)
  3. iPhone 6-plus/7-plus (5.5 inch screen)

Mar 13, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #849 of 3,173
  Which iPhone will the Q5 (with the AM5 module attached) be closest in size to?

I plan on stacking the Q5 with an iPhone (or iPod) and am just wondering which one will be the best physical match?

1. iPhone SE / iPod touch (4 inch screen)
  2. iPhone 6/7 (4.7 inch screen)
  3. iPhone 6-plus/7-plus (5.5 inch screen)

Mar 13, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #850 of 3,173

This is helpful.  

Looks like the iPod touch (roughly the same size as the iPhone SE) will be an ideal pairing here.

I'm actually considering using velcro to stack the Q5 to the iPod touch.  If I keep the iPod in a thin case then the Valero won't damage the actual iPod itself.  Not sure if there will be any case options for Q5 though?

Does anyone have an update on the estimated release date for the Q5 (I think the last update had it pushed from April/May to September)...

Mar 13, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #851 of 3,173

This is helpful.  

Looks like the iPod touch (roughly the same size as the iPhone SE) will be an ideal pairing here.

I'm actually considering using velcro to stack the Q5 to the iPod touch.  If I keep the iPod in a thin case then the Valero won't damage the actual iPod itself.  Not sure if there will be any case options for Q5 though?

Does anyone have an update on the estimated release date for the Q5 (I think the last update had it pushed from April/May to September)...

The back of the Q5 is a soft leather material, like the SONY zx1. specifically with the iPhone case we will consider, but if you want to be compatible with all mobile phones, it may be a package.

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #852 of 3,173
Wow that would mean it has taken 2 years from the start of the thread to launch. Shame as this sounds like such a nice product. Maybe I will end up getting one down the road. Hopefully it doesn't come by default with a module designed for IEM's. Ideally it should start with at least a moderately powerful amp module, or no module and let the customer select what they want at order time so not like the initial X7 release with the bundled IEM amp module.

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #854 of 3,173
Will the Q5 be able to transmit via Bluetooth to wireless headphones as well?

Q5 will only support receiving audio via bluetooth, no sending.
  Dear triplew,

The Q5 only has the function of receiving Bluetooth signal.

Two-way transmission:  allows it to receive Bluetooth signal while sending Bluetooth signal.
(RM1 can be used at the same time when Bluetooth headphone or Bluetooth speaker is on.)

It is the function for the player. The Q5 is a DAC but not a front-end device, so we don't consider adding sending Bluetooth function in the Q5 by now. 

Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back