FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Oct 14, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #631 of 3,173
Could you tell us more about Bluetooth, regarding the Q5?
thanks a lot, really looking forward to its release
smily_headphones1.gif

the bluetooth will supports APTX . also we will develop a APP in IOS/ANDRIOD so it make user easy to set some features for Q5. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 14, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #638 of 3,173
  does that means i can enhance bluetooth headphones quality?

my headphones have apt x

Using Q5 to stream aptx audio to headphones makes zero sense. Q5 sole reason for existence is the quality DAC/AMP for best sound quality. There are plenty $20 solutions that you can connect to usb (digital) or a 3.5mm (analog) source that would then push aptx to your headphones.

Q5's buletooth capability is meant to receive the aptx stream and then drive it your wired headphones using the Q5's quality dac/amp, not the other way around.

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #639 of 3,173
Using Q5 to stream aptx audio to headphones makes zero sense. Q5 sole reason for existence is the quality DAC/AMP for best sound quality. There are plenty $20 solutions that you can connect to usb (digital) or a 3.5mm (analog) source that would then push aptx to your headphone

Though it doesn't make sense to buy the Q5 solely for this purpose, IMO it makes sense if you think about a product like this as a jack of all trades portable device.

I like the idea of having one device that can receive line, optical, USB and bluetooth, AND output line analog, amped analog, and bluetooth. So I know if i have the thing with me, i'm going to be able to get audio *into* or *out of* basically any device i encounter.

That said, if omitting the bluetooth output would chop $50 off the price, that would be a different matter. but if it's not adding cost, why not?

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #640 of 3,173

Though it doesn't make sense to buy the Q5 solely for this purpose, IMO it makes sense if you think about a product like this as a jack of all trades portable device.

I like the idea of having one device that can receive line, optical, USB and bluetooth, AND output line analog, amped analog, and bluetooth. So I know if i have the thing with me, i'm going to be able to get audio *into* or *out of* basically any device i encounter.

That said, if omitting the bluetooth output would chop $50 off the price, that would be a different matter. but if it's not adding cost, why not?

not sure if the Q5 will be able to receive BT audio signals, or only transmit them

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #643 of 3,173
it's writen on Facebook that it can handle both directions for blutooth.

zero sense?

well make sense to me for smartphone use at least, when you don't want to be wired, and if your smartphone BT doesn't handle apt-x. (which is the case of my samsung galaxy note2)

I could also see myself plugging a Q5 to my pc, and using the the audio jack when I'm sitting at the desk and using BT apt-x out when i'm a couple of feet away. (Yes I could use a 20$ aptx BT usb dongle, but if I can spare myself from buying one.. also usb BT dongles tend to be cpu taxing, which sucks when playing games, the Q5 wilm prolly handle encoding the sound to BT aptx on it's own (if not, I could easily switch from usb to BT to optical/coax to BT woth the Q5), meaning more cpu ressources left to my game)

Indeed, jack of all trade situation, really.

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #644 of 3,173
it's writen on Facebook that it can handle both directions for blutooth.

zero sense?

well make sense to me for smartphone use at least, when you don't want to be wired, and if your smartphone BT doesn't handle apt-x. (which is the case of my samsung galaxy note2)

I could also see myself plugging a Q5 to my pc, and using the the audio jack when I'm sitting at the desk and using BT apt-x out when i'm a couple of feet away. (Yes I could use a 20$ aptx BT usb dongle, but if I can spare myself from buying one.. also usb BT dongles tend to be cpu taxing, which sucks when playing games, the Q5 wilm prolly handle encoding the sound to BT aptx on it's own (if not, I could easily switch from usb to BT to optical/coax to BT woth the Q5), meaning more cpu ressources left to my game)

Indeed, jack of all trade situation, really.

Well, the reason I'm unsure is because the new X1 also has bluetooth dual mode. But the only "receiving" it can do is from the RM1 remote

Users who are viewing this thread

Back