FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Oct 15, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #646 of 3,173
what is the maximum impedance for which it can give good power?

Same options for power as the X7 ~
See amp module reviews by Brooko.
AM5, AM2A, & AM3 (balanced) all have power to spare.

Oct 20, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #648 of 3,173
Oct 24, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #655 of 3,173
  I have the Fiio X3II. What to do:  wait untill Q5 comes and combine it or the X7.
Using Aidioquest Nighthawk headphones and I want it to play from the AM3 balanced amp.

why on earth would you want to buy the X7 AND the Q5?

edit: never mind..misread the post lol. 

well, do you sell the X3ii and buy the X7 (then you only have 1 device to walk around with)...or stack the Q5 to the X3ii and have a huge device that you can't stick in your pocket?

Soundwise the Q5 will probably be better than the X7..but not sure

Oct 24, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #656 of 3,173
  why on earth would you want to buy the X7 AND the Q5?

edit: never mind..misread the post lol. 

well, do you sell the X3ii and buy the X7 (then you only have 1 device to walk around with)...or stack the Q5 to the X3ii and have a huge device that you can't stick in your pocket?

Soundwise the Q5 will probably be better than the X7..but not sure

And 2 batteries to keep up
wink_face.gif

Oct 24, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #657 of 3,173
And 2 batteries to keep up:wink_face:

Lol too true.

I use to stack the E18 and E12A to my phone... But recently got tired of all the baggage and so decided to look for a DAP. I settled on the DX80 and couldn't be happier. Sound quality is way above the e18+E12A stack (which didn't seem significantly worse than the x7 with am1 module).. and only 1 device to tag along.

Oct 28, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #660 of 3,173
Hi, Subhakar
Thanks for your best wishes. We will share no effort to provide better products for our users.

Q5 must be one of the very first portable DAC/Amps with a dual DAC, that too an AKM4490 premium chip, well-implemented as all FiiO devices boast of, a <0.5 output impedance, analog volume control, native DSD, SE and BAL out and a possible aptX (make it aptX HD). And all below a guesstimate $299. I see no reason in spending on $1000+ DAPs or DAC/Amps of elitist pricing product segment. Onkyo DP-X1 was the last to command such respect with its respectable price-to-performance ratio apart from your own X7. I have no doubt FiiO Q5 will take the same spirit to the next level. Would love to see a very reliable portable tube amp from FiiO one day that can perform better than ALO Continental V5 at 1/3rd the price. Great things need not come at ugly prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back