FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Oct 10, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #2,536 of 3,173
Dear friend,

You could try this method mentioned by other user:

Or use a 32bit computer for try again.

Best regards
Hey guys, I have just spent a couple of days slowly reading through these pages. So much info.

I just picked up one of these second hand and it will arrive in the next couple of days. My usage is to use it with my iPad Pro and or LG V20 using line out straight to my Graham Slee Solo ULDE. I have seen the DK1 seems to be compatible, has anyone compared the Line Out on top of the Q5 Vs the Line Out on the DK1? Also, is it a true line out or is it affected by the volume control. I guess I will find out the answer to my the Q5 solo questions in the coming days, but I would also be very interested to hear your own experiences especially on the DK1 line out Vs Q5.

Oct 10, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #2,538 of 3,173
To anyone else who wondered about the line out. I now have the Q5. The filter switches and volume control appear to be disabled so it is a true line out. Happy Mouse.

Now to look in to the DK1 to see if the line out is the same quality.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #2,539 of 3,173
Has anyone compared it already? V30 decodes and Q5 is only "amplifier (line input) or Q5 decodes (usb / UAPP) for V30 (Qad Sabre)? or Q 5 (Dual AK) is better? With MQA / DSD, I think the V30 is better (I think) (but I'm clearly listening to an HD 660 S (150 ohm), the Q5 power itself is much stronger. (On the other hand, UAPP inverts DSD to 24 bits in USB mode.)
But for an HD 650 (300 Ohm), do I need AM5 amplifier module?

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #2,540 of 3,173
Has anyone compared it already? V30 decodes and Q5 is only "amplifier (line input) or Q5 decodes (usb / UAPP) for V30 (Qad Sabre)? or Q 5 (Dual AK) is better? With MQA / DSD, I think the V30 is better (I think) (but I'm clearly listening to an HD 660 S (150 ohm), the Q5 power itself is much stronger. (On the other hand, UAPP inverts DSD to 24 bits in USB mode.)
But for an HD 650 (300 Ohm), do I need AM5 amplifier module?
There is no "better".

Oct 11, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #2,541 of 3,173
Okay. I agree, but is the situation with Tidal MQA decoding? The V30 knows Q5 does not know,
Ps. Anyway, I read your presentation about Q5 and helped me pick it up and not HE2se :)
One more question . You wrote that you used it in balanced mode. I found a distinct difference between the Fiio F9pro / se HD 660S balanced positive. Placebo can be? :)

hello

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #2,542 of 3,173
Okay. I agree, but is the situation with Tidal MQA decoding? The V30 knows Q5 does not know,
Ps. Anyway, I read your presentation about Q5 and helped me pick it up and not HE2se :)
One more question . You wrote that you used it in balanced mode. I found a distinct difference between the Fiio F9pro / se HD 660S balanced positive. Placebo can be? :)

hello
If you're referring to me, I didn't use the Q5 in balanced mode during my review, just briefly afterwards when I had the FiiO FH1. Except for the stronger power output I found no difference between balanced and single ended.

Oct 11, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #2,543 of 3,173
If you're referring to me, I didn't use the Q5 in balanced mode during my review, just briefly afterwards when I had the FiiO FH1. Except for the stronger power output I found no difference between balanced and single ended.
----
Ok thank you for the answer.
Although the question about MQA vs V30 remains, as well as the fact that the DSD can be decoded by the V30, Q5 does not. Also, DSD, only, from PC.

Oct 11, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #2,545 of 3,173
Did I read you right that Q5 cannot decode DSD? It does when it connects with USB.
I wrote that LG V30 - USB - Q5, can not decode it.(Maximum converts to 24 bits see UAPP)
But the LG V30 can also decode (MQA) so if line input is used, I will further amplify the DSD / MQA signal. Of course, if the PC / Foobar / ASIO connection is Q5, decoding is possible.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #2,547 of 3,173
Had no issues with Win 7 x64 Ent.

Do not be angry :) Who is using Win 7 in 2018 ???
This is really funny help like this. I also have the same DLL missing the Win 10 proof 64 bit, and the BT installation is also unsuccessful. Now the Fiio Q5 is a very good one. why install a Win7NT? Do not you think so seriously? I find a solution to this. There is a Radsone Earstudio E-100 BT for the dac / amp.
They have an exemplary installer program / support ..
The Q5 BT firmware installs side USB..System Firmware installs lower USB, DLL hunting. That's uncomfortable. Why can not it be done with a standard full installer?
-------------------
edit: The BT firmware in 32 bit Win 10 done . But for Sytem Firmware i need to get a win7 (max sytemFirmware tools compatible: max win 8): this would be nice to win up to 10
would you mind?
edit 2 :
after trying on another 2 Win7 machines. None of them willing to install the Q5 System Upgrade Tools :frowning2: It looks for a DLL but does not indicate which DLL.
Someone could possibly help? Maybe for the Fiio is sometimes a colleague here?
Untitled-3.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #2,548 of 3,173
q5 dsd 1.jpg
q5 dsd 2.jpg
LG V30 usb DsD playback on USB for Fiio Q5.
Q5 decodes (green DSD lights up), but only with FiioMusic, with UAPP, it will also play in bit perfect mode.

Oct 15, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #2,549 of 3,173
One question: Does someone Fiio Q5 use the HD650? Balanced cable is added, with HD660s (balanced) FLAC silent for approx. 40-50% is enough for him.
The amplifier module is Am3a (540mW), but there is also an AM5 mosul which also has 800Mw, but it is not balanced out, it's just unbalanced. Thanks for the reply .
edit : Meanwhile, the Hd650 came.(DSD) The performance of FiiO Q5 seems pretty, but in the balanced mode the real (this is also HD660S :))
approx. -20% minus 660s in balanced volume mode.
660_650.jpg
edit 2 : AM3B + 100 mW more pover .
This is already enough for the HD650(for the DSD) and can stay in the balanced mode. A 2.5 to 4.4 mm translator works well too.
am3b_2.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #2,550 of 3,173
Seriously, that's a very customer-unfriendly reply. My phone is 64-bit. My watch probably is too. Are you going to tell customers "Sorry, you can only use our software with old computers"? Not to mention that the software required for firmware updates HAS a 64-bit compatible version available. Why aren't you offering that?

A good future aim when designing your products is exemplified by the maker of the FIIL Bluetooth headphones. They have a smartphone app for both iOS and Android that allows you to update the firmware wirelessly from within the app.

Yes and this would be a key differentiator from a key competitor, iBasso, which actually seems to recommend flashing your new dx200 to remove their system and replace it with a 3rd party os. What are they thinking?? Who wants to take a chance with a new product shipped from China? I have a dx200 which I had my IT guy flash, but of course now there is an update... I would not buy any product again that is such a pain in the butt to update. I do have a Q5, and am a Mac guy, so I guess it will be another IT guy job on my office pc if I want the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back