FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
May 24, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #2,057 of 3,173
May 24, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #2,058 of 3,173
Just installed. The Bluetooth performance is greatly improved (range and stability) - with my iPhone SE. Thanks FiiO - completes the Q5 IMO. I know ti may not be the same for Android users, but for an iOS / iPhone user - this now becomes a "perfect" product!
Glad to hear that! Beta firmware or not, I think I'll install it after all, maybe it solves my Bluetooth problems.
Some release notes from FiiO would be welcome though.

May 24, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #2,061 of 3,173
Trying to upgrade BT with your instructions. Trying to install USB DAC Driver. Can’t find the “Q1Mkii under the “Sound Video and Gamecontroller” in Device Manager after Executing the FiiO Wizard. The only thing under “Sound Video and Gamecontroller” is “Conexant ISST Audio”

This is so frustrating

May 24, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #2,065 of 3,173
You probably already tried but did you restart the computer?
I didn't see it in device manager until I connected the unit
Yes, I restarted and nothing. Uninstalled it and tried again. Still nothing. Tried it on a few computers and nothing.

It's all good though. The unit works and that is what matters. I'm just wondering what the firmware update on the unit itself brings on the table.

May 24, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #2,066 of 3,173
Yes, I restarted and nothing. Uninstalled it and tried again. Still nothing. Tried it on a few computers and nothing.

It's all good though. The unit works and that is what matters. I'm just wondering what the firmware update on the unit itself brings on the table.

Did you press forward and backward at the same ttime after you connected?

May 24, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #2,068 of 3,173
Does the computer you’ve been using actually have a Bluetooth dongle or internal Bluetooth? I needed to plug one to my PC for toot to show up. Then choose USB option.

May 25, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #2,069 of 3,173
Yes I did. I'll try it again when I'm home.
Had the same problem, the problem Q5 was connecting to my iPad, I switched off the iPad Bluetooth, worked fine, CRS BlueCore then appeared in device manager under USB when the Q5 was connected to my windows 10 PC upgraded sounds great. So you need to make sure all other devices connected previously with Q5 have their blue tooth turned off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back