FiiO Q1MKII- Native DSD Support, XMOS USB DAC chip, DAC AK4452, 20 hours
Jul 31, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #49 of 834
I don't think this will be possible, but it could help people who wants to tap the same source. And having this feature may encourage more sales as there may not be a limit to dasiy chaining. If the Q1MK2 outputs digital and inputs digital at the same time, with the first one just amping from usb, you could have a headfi party. I guess you can get an optical splitter and do this as well.

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #50 of 834
I think it is important to remember that the recommended retail price is but USD99. I for one will get one without even testing it.

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #51 of 834
I think it is important to remember that the recommended retail price is but USD99. I for one will get one without even testing it.

That is probably the case for most of us. I don't live anywhere near a Hi-Fi shop, let alone one that carries Fiio products.

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #55 of 834
I'm pretty sure that option is being saved for their totl DAC/amp that will share amp modules with the X7II. That's my guess at least.

Agreed, and probably not appropriate for target audience of a $99 Dac/Amp...regardless of how awesome that would make it.

Aug 2, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #56 of 834
Indeed
Each product for the crowd and the price is well planned in advance.
If you need more features, you may need to choose Q3 or Q5.
If only need a convenient use and do not want to spend too much money, of course, the most suitable is Q1MarkⅡ.

Aug 2, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #57 of 834
Indeed
Each product for the crowd and the price is well planned in advance.
If you need more features, you may need to choose Q3 or Q5.
If only need a convenient use and do not want to spend too much money, of course, the most suitable is Q1MarkⅡ.

The Q1MII is not the most suitable. In fact, it's the least suitable.You've got a DAC section that you may not be able to make use of if you wanted to. IMHO, that makes the Q1MII sub-par.

Aug 2, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #58 of 834
The Q1MII is not the most suitable. In fact, it's the least suitable.You've got a DAC section that you may not be able to make use of if you wanted to. IMHO, that makes the Q1MII sub-par.
Sub-par to your standards or needs but not everyone else's. If someone needs a cheap DAC/amp for the laptop then this is the route to go. I wouldn't expect all the bells and whistles at this price point so I'm not sure what your issue is with this device. Compared to the original Q1, it's an upgrade and the original Q1 was an entry level DAC/amp that cost $69. This one is $99 and does balanced. If you want more than that, then get your wallet out because all those extras you want cost more money. It's pretty obvious this device doesn't meet your needs, but that's not a reason to call it sub-par.

Aug 2, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #59 of 834
Sub-par to your standards or needs but not everyone else's. If someone needs a cheap DAC/amp for the laptop then this is the route to go. I wouldn't expect all the bells and whistles at this price point so I'm not sure what your issue is with this device. Compared to the original Q1, it's an upgrade and the original Q1 was an entry level DAC/amp that cost $69. This one is $99 and does balanced. If you want more than that, then get your wallet out because all those extras you want cost more money. It's pretty obvious this device doesn't meet your needs, but that's not a reason to call it sub-par.

Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back