FiiO Q1MKII- Native DSD Support, XMOS USB DAC chip, DAC AK4452, 20 hours
Oct 17, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #211 of 834
i have ath m40x using it with 8 yr old sony laptop and wis to experience quality audio and some punchier bass .

so far after googling i have come to find these schiit fulla 2 (153 usd) , fiio e10k ( 92usd) , schiit modi 2 (185 usd) , fiio q1 ( 77usd) , dragonfly v1.5 (161usd) {converted from india rupees to usd prices are very high compared to us}

these all come under my budget and apart from laptop i also wish to use the same with my samsung mobile / even if it does not

work with mobile its not deal breaker for me.

given that its m40x dac amp is not necessarily needed so whether its dac or dac/amp combo it does not matter to me

i just want best bang for buck / no plans to upgrade to newer costlier headphones.

its so much confusing /

kindly suggest what to buy ??

i think the q1 mk II its a great match for the m40x, go for it.

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #212 of 834
fwiw I returned mine as I found it just didn't have enough juice to drive my Sines to my tastes, and it didn't sound better than the DAC in the Cipher cable.

It is a nice looking unit and if you've got IEMs or something easy to drive it can be an upgrade that is pretty seamless with both iOS device (included cable) or even new MacBook (usb-c to usb-b).
i also have Isines it's Isine 10 i was considering getting Q1 MkII and a balanced cable but now i`m not sure if i should stick with it

Oct 20, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #214 of 834
i also have Isines it's Isine 10 i was considering getting Q1 MkII and a balanced cable but now i`m not sure if i should stick with it

I agree in se mode the sound would not be worthy of an upgrade. But in balance I thought the sound quality difference was significant. However others have noted when volume matched they could not tell a difference between se and balance. And I find that difficult to agree. Furthermore the sample unit supposedly has difference in the circuit implementation. Luckily if you are in the US you can try it out via Amazon with out much hassle.

Oct 20, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #215 of 834
P_20171020_232609[1].jpg

P_20171020_232716_LL[1].jpg

Working with Note 4 and Hiby player. DSD light on.

Oct 21, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #216 of 834
Oct 22, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #220 of 834
For me charging took unusually long compared to my walnut which charges fast. Basically while charging the led light stays red and when finished the red led goes out. And I did not notice power drain to be anything out of the ordinary, mind you I don't have a balance bass monster earphone nor headphones.

I know there are adapters that split out micro usb and usb, but I caution to get adapters with data or sync in tact as some charge adapters only wire the power line. On that note, some data supported switchable usb hubs are not rated to support power and reduces the current. I think the really cheap ones do that.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #221 of 834
So... basically, no one makes a DAC/AMP combo that works with flawlessly with Android, without massive workarounds, and inevitably battery drain?

I’ll come back in another 10 years and see if we’ve advanced technologically.

Oct 23, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #223 of 834
So... basically, no one makes a DAC/AMP combo that works with flawlessly with Android, without massive workarounds, and inevitably battery drain?

I’ll come back in another 10 years and see if we’ve advanced technologically.

It's not that they can't make the DAC/AMPs work with Android, it's all the proprietary crap companies layer on top of Android. I have four different Android devices at home, and they all handle Host Mode differently. You essentially have a different version of Android for each device family. Programming for all of them, or even large groups of them, then supporting all those versions afterwards would be a nightmare.

I really wish more device manufacturers would just offer stock Android.

Oct 23, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #224 of 834
mike138 said:
It's not that they can't make the DAC/AMPs work with Android, it's all the proprietary crap companies layer on top of Android. I have four different Android devices at home, and they all handle Host Mode differently. You essentially have a different version of Android for each device family. Programming for all of them, or even large groups of them, then supporting all those versions afterwards would be a nightmare.

I really wish more device manufacturers would just offer stock Android.

Ok that makes sense... that is the issue with the Android phones - the bloatware. (Except for the new Nokia -- stock Android).

Two questions:

1) Anyone got the FiiO Q1MKII working with a Samsung Galaxy S8+ ?
2) Is there any way to stop the phone charging the DAC/AMP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back