FIIO Q15 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Mar 2, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #556 of 761
I had a chance to compare Q15 with Mojo2 and Shanling H5 for few days. To me Q15 sounds more spacious with IEMs and over ear planars.
@FiiO I also have issues with mine unit. Switching between PEQ profiles doesn't work in USB mode. Q15 is recognized as "dev kit" and the volume is much lover. Using it with Samsung S21 Ultra + UAPP, Q15 latest firmware is installed.

Mar 2, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #563 of 761
I own both. I also own an xFi Gryphon. The Mojo 2 is superior in every way, except bluetooth which it doesn't have. The EQ is superb.

Everyones ears are different. The Q15 quite good. But when I go back to it, may ears are expecting what the Mojo 2 delivers, and its just not there.

Mar 6, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #569 of 761
Dear friend,

Would you mind sharing more information to us again? You could send email to support@fiio.com about the steps to reproduce the issue. Thanks in advacne!

Best regards
I'm having the same problem. If you select BYPASS in PEQ mode options, the sound level is at normal volume. The other preset options have very little volume reduction, which is normal, but with the configured USER1, 2 and 3 options I get extremely low volume. This only happens with the USB option.

I noticed another different problem. When you turn off the MQA option, audio decoding starts late. To explain this in the simplest way; I notice that when the song changes (when there is momentary silence), there is no sound in the first 1 second of the tracks. The sound starts after 1 second.

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #570 of 761
I am seriously considering getting a FIIO Q15, and as to not limit my options, and I was wondering if you guys could suggest a few alternatives that I could give a listen in addition to the Q15? I do not care much if its a desktop or portable dac/amp (it will go onto my bedroom table), but it needs to have no less than the same power as the balanced output of the Q15 and costing about the same +-. I need it to have USB input (from my phone) and 4.4 balanced output to headphones. Also, as far as my listening preferences go, I love listening to all kinds of music on my Topping DX9 (AKM DAC's) while I do not like any other Topping ESS DAC's that I have heard. So I am more into organic, analogue, life like sound with great 3d spatial parameters, and I am not fond of surgical, analytical musical presentation. Probably a tiny bit on the warmer side of neutral would be correct for me.

Any suggestions welcome 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back