FIIO Q15 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Dec 27, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #256 of 749
Hello Willson,
Thank you for your reply.
In my case its not the Bluetooth connection.
Please see inserted Quote. I recorded even a video. It’s about the EQ settings.
Thank you.
Dietmar
Hello Friend
I see what you mean.

PEQ and MQA still have quite a few bugs in the software right now, and we said on the sales page that PEQ is going to open up later.

Luckily, our engineers have recently finished the development of PEQ, and now it's in the testing phase, and we expect that it can be opened for upgrade in early January!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 27, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #257 of 749
I'm using iphone. How to use the PEQ?
The Fiio Control app only showing graphical EQ

Dec 28, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #260 of 749
Hello willson
Can you tell me if fiio q15 have possibility to battery replacement or not by fiio or is possible doing by myself if needed?
The Answer is NO, fate is the same as the Fiio Q5s now, visit the thread and you will see the situation . Another option is buy now and enjoy but sale it in between 3 to 9 months to recover your 80% - 90% funds back.

Other possibility if you can go to visit China then you get another advantage as long as these are in production.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #261 of 749
As I understand it, when the desktop mode is turned on, the Q15 should not charge and discharge the battery.
However, today, after five days of use, when working on a PC, it started charging. I turned it off, flipped the desktop mode switch, and now it doesn't seem to charge the battery when connected to a PC.
Maybe in desktop mode it is necessary to supply additional power through the second USB-c connector?
I really don't want to use the battery when listening through the PC.

I also did not find the user manual for Fiio Q15 on the website.
Why is MQA sometimes with a blue dot, and sometimes without?

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #262 of 749
Hi Got FiIIO Q15 Yesterday . Does it Require any drivers for Windows 10 ? As Usb is inserted in the lap top a driver was identified. But in Roon Fiio Q15 is giving PCM 384 and DSD 256 only not the High values. Thank you

Dec 31, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #264 of 749
Lots of mixed feelings going on in this thread. I just ordered one last night. As a former Q5s owner, current BTR7 user, I’m eager to try it out. Hoping these bugs get worked out soon, though.

Dec 31, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #266 of 749
Sound q15 bluetooth vs usb which have fuller and more dense sound of two?
Woudn’t DAC -> Amp stages be the same, only difference being how signal gets there? USB will have better quality data over BT, if you can notice a difference.

Jan 1, 2024 at 1:46 AM Post #268 of 749
As I understand it, when the desktop mode is turned on, the Q15 should not charge and discharge the battery.
However, today, after five days of use, when working on a PC, it started charging. I turned it off, flipped the desktop mode switch, and now it doesn't seem to charge the battery when connected to a PC.
Maybe in desktop mode it is necessary to supply additional power through the second USB-c connector?
I really don't want to use the battery when listening through the PC.

I also did not find the user manual for Fiio Q15 on the website.
Why is MQA sometimes with a blue dot, and sometimes without?
If the battery is completely depleted , I think I read it in the manual that the unit will automatically start charging the battery. It’s by design but would be helpful if fiio can confirm.

Jan 1, 2024 at 4:02 AM Post #269 of 749
Q15 if only connected with data cable pass data and charge end when put phone mode only data without charging but have option make vbus to make data and be power supplied by usb port and leave the battery or have like usb dongle dac amp have or not have this possibility?

Jan 1, 2024 at 4:46 AM Post #270 of 749
If connected to pc only from data port what happen, make vbus taken power from pc port or from battery when phone mode is off and deskop mode is off? What function have deskop mode only for cbarge port or also have function like vbus mode for data port? Deskop mode work only for charge port or have dual mode functions?
I like to know if have q15 vbus mode when used only data port like dongles have take data and power from sour e usb port.or have only off and on charge mode but take power everytime from own battery?
If charget from data port is possible have automatic stop charging like samsung phones wben rich 80% battery have this option also or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back