FIIO Q15 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 4, 2024 at 4:50 AM Post #301 of 784
Any other way beside using windows pc to update firmware?

Currently I dont have windows pc (I am mac user, btw)
Dear friend,

Sorry the XMOS firmware update is only supported in Windows computer currently. You may try to find a Windows computer for updating the firmware?
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 4, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #303 of 784
Willson you need tell to fiio stop making thx devices..today i recive my q15 and this thing sound better than all previous fiio devices i try and i try from my frend also q7 and this akm plus op amp is another level of musicality this think sound magic to me...congratulations make in future use akm and op amp or class a amp dac and i can tell you fiio will be in the podium for the best dac amp price ratio features rich devices will make the difference for sure because i m very impressed how this q15 sound...really rich and musical my kennerton vali combo wow wow....only wow and the best of all total no fatigue sound like ess sabre and to devices in generally have it. I try 20 dac amp combos and this is for sure in 3 best of all....for this price 400eur sound best of all in this price range....for sure...

Jan 4, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #304 of 784
I ordered it today. He'll arrive one of these days. I wonder how the DAC will perform with Fiio FD5?
That’s great.
I don’t have the FD5 but i can tell something about Q15 with Fiio F9 pro and the Fiio LC-4.4C cable.
The Fiio F9 pro is not as premium as the FD5 and has a hybrid design with one dynamic and two BA drivers and i think that’s why it is prone to hiss in some cases.
In my case with a Hiby R6 pro balanced it had a little bit of hiss and with my iFi go blu balanced it has awful hiss.

But with the Q15 not at all. Its quite. No hiss in balanced mode. That’s great.
Sound is nice and detailed and low gain is sufficient.
With the PEQ I can fine tune it.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #305 of 784
Willson you need tell to fiio stop making thx devices..today i recive my q15 and this thing sound better than all previous fiio devices i try and i try from my frend also q7 and this akm plus op amp is another level of musicality this think sound magic to me...congratulations make in future use akm and op amp or class a amp dac and i can tell you fiio will be in the podium for the best dac amp price ratio features rich devices will make the difference for sure because i m very impressed how this q15 sound...really rich and musical my kennerton vali combo wow wow....only wow and the best of all total no fatigue sound like ess sabre and to devices in generally have it. I try 20 dac amp combos and this is for sure in 3 best of all....for this price 400eur sound best of all in this price range....for sure...
Sounds great. A bit similar like my experience with the Q15 and my Nighthawk. 😀

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 3:01 AM Post #306 of 784
For Willson
It will be possible in future firmware upgrade make usb data mode enable charging mode to 80% and stop charging take power for data from usb it will be perfect have this and deskop mode to chose what you wan t e preserved maximum battery lifetime?

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #307 of 784
I have both Q7 and Q15, i use both at work and home. But I'll use them differently, Q7 when I want to make critical listening and i can focus on what I'm earing because of the clarity of the combo ESS Dac + THX amp. When i'm not able to focus on my listening because I have to focus on what i'm doing in my job I use the Q15 that is less resolving and less analytical but more warn so it make a perfect dac/amp to listen to music in background.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #308 of 784
That’s great.
I don’t have the FD5 but i can tell something about Q15 with Fiio F9 pro and the Fiio LC-4.4C cable.
The Fiio F9 pro is not as premium as the FD5 and has a hybrid design with one dynamic and two BA drivers and i think that’s why it is prone to hiss in some cases.
In my case with a Hiby R6 pro balanced it had a little bit of hiss and with my iFi go blu balanced it has awful hiss.

But with the Q15 not at all. Its quite. No hiss in balanced mode. That’s great.
Sound is nice and detailed and low gain is sufficient.
With the PEQ I can fine tune it.
I have FDX and FX15, the FDX being the nearer in conception to FD5 (basically FD7/X are considered as having the same sound tuning as FD5 but with alittle more soundstage, mids, bass and treble but again with the same kind of tuning) and with Q15 which is on warmer side no hiss with both FX15 and FDX, on Q7 it can happen as it is a neutral tuning and so treble are not tammed by a touch of warmth.

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:12 AM Post #309 of 784
Willson if with new firmware when plugin in charger and put it on deskop mode everytime put in ultra high gain?
It will be nice if memorize the last settings of gain to not everytime change gain value if have iem or other less power need headphones can you suggest this on fiio please?

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:48 AM Post #310 of 784
Willson if with new firmware when plugin in charger and put it on deskop mode everytime put in ultra high gain?
It will be nice if memorize the last settings of gain to not everytime change gain value if have iem or other less power need headphones can you suggest this on fiio please?
@FiiO Willson or if possible to do as for Q7 having 10 seconds with the volume automatically reduced so that at least we can lower volume or change the gain setting ?

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:52 AM Post #311 of 784
@FiiO

Some feedback, please consider.

1. Allow more than 3 custom PEQ profiles - at least 10. Feel free to remove the preset profiles - I guarantee you 99% no one will complain.

2. add different type of PEQ filter options, not just one.

3. Allow volume control from app - and other settings.

4. Allow always on LCD display option

5. Add always on LCD live frequency spectrum option like RME. So I can admire the Q15 instead of doing work.

6. DSP settings options, like dithering or some other sound character tweaks if possible.
“5. Add always on LCD live frequency spectrum option like RME. So I can admire the Q15 instead of doing work.” What is that?

Jan 5, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #312 of 784
Jan 5, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #313 of 784
Dear friend,

Sorry the XMOS firmware update is only supported in Windows computer currently. You may try to find a Windows computer for updating the firmware?
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards
Ridiculous that this can’t be updated on a Mac. It’s 2024 for crips sake FiiO. Half the world is on Mac. We’re supposed to chase down a Windows PC to update firmware?! I’ve a notion to send it back just for that.

Jan 5, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #315 of 784
Hi not sure the problem comes from Fiio I would rather look at Qualcomm ...
Hi, I have other devices with the same Qualcomm chip with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back