FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Dec 29, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #466 of 3,739
The input impedance should higher than 10K, and the output impedance is less than 0.5 ohms. the final output power is >850mW at 32ohms.

Quite frankly, those are incredible specs. You guys should be applauded for creating such a powerful, portable, affordable creation! Thanks!

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #469 of 3,739
Quote:
How do you pre-order it?and are you the only person it can be pre-ordered through?

The preorder was a special that FiiO offered, where ten headfiers and ten facebookers got to order early. 

Following is some information from Feiao on that special offer thread regarding the release. I believe the first to be release to the general public will be the set going to Micca. Maybe you should contact them if they are doing a preorder?: 

"We are burn-ing  the first batch of Mont Blanc , it take 3 hours to charge it to full battery and them take about 15 hours to run off the battery with music play. after 3 times , 

we will assemble it to the final unit and test all the performance and functions, So far everything just go smooth and we may delivery all the pre order . and them the other

200pcs will be available in U.S at the end of Jan, 2013 and sold by Micca store.

The next batch will be start in Feb and the third batch will be available in March , for most customers, they may need to wait till March if they can buy one among the 1st, 2st

batch. because the total quantity before the third batch is only about 1000 units."

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #474 of 3,739
Really nice! Thanks for the photos.

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #478 of 3,739
BlueLegend64,
The E17 has a built in Digital-to-Analogue-Converter (DAC), so it will act like a quality stereo sound card when you plug it into your computer. The E17 also allows treble and bass adjustment on the device. It would be classified as a portable DAC + amp device.
The E12 (Mont Blanc) is a different kind of product, it is a portable amp that is between 3 and 4 times as powerful as the E17's amp. The Mont Blanc is intended to be plugged into another source like the headphone out of an iPod, computer, etc. I am going to use mine with my iPod and my gaming setup, as the last component before I plug in my headphones (AKG Q701, which benefit from more powerful amps than a headphone designed to work with an iPod).

If I needed one device to carry around with a laptop, I would buy an E17. It's a pretty good all-in-one device. But, since I have a nice soundcard in my desktop computer (my laptop is broken), and a separate DAC for other devices, I choose to get an E12 Mont Blanc so I would have a really powerful amp that I can easily take and connect to multiple devices around my house and (hopefully) at work.

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #479 of 3,739
As was said before, the E12 is a portable amp, while the E17 is a portable DAC/AMP combo, you can't compare them.

But if your wrong equation "which is better" actually means "which has more power as an amplifier" I'll give you an answer: the E12 delivers around 850mW @ 32ohms (as feiao posted in the previous page), while the E17 delivers 220mW @ 32ohms... If you do your maths correctly you can easely say that the E12 turns out to have more power. For comparision, the E11 Kilimanjaro delivers 180mW at the same load, so yes, the E12 has THAT much more power.

EDIT: evshrug is faster than me! :p

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #480 of 3,739
:p

MrScratch,
I thought the E11's amp was slightly more powerful than the amp half of the E17?

Edit: WOAH, new design of the FiiO page! Their specs match what MrScratch said, I thought I'd read differently before. The new site has a few typographical and spelling errors, but overall shows a huge positive leap in providing more information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back