FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Apr 14, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #3,496 of 3,739
  Seems to be many mixed opinions regarding the E12's ability to drive HD800?

Could I have some feedback from people with hands on experience how they perform?

they perform average. Depends on what you want to get from hd800. You will get an average experience, e12 can drive hd800 quite well, but there is room for improovement. At a similar price i would get [not portable solution] matrix m stage hpa2. In my experience, chord hugo was able to drive hd800 to full potential, if you want to compare the power hugo can output to what power e12a can output. 

Short line, if you need a portable amp, e12 is the best possible at it's price.

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #3,497 of 3,739
I feel the need to ask, how does one carry x5+e12 stack the right way?

it does not fit in my pocket.

I was searching for a camera carry thingy, but i need it to be at least 15X7X4.5 in CM, and i was not able to fiind anything that would be long enough.

I want to ask everyone who owns a stack, how do they carry it?

Apr 14, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #3,498 of 3,739
they perform average. Depends on what you want to get from hd800. You will get an average experience, e12 can drive hd800 quite well, but there is room for improovement. At a similar price i would get [not portable solution] matrix m stage hpa2. In my experience, chord hugo was able to drive hd800 to full potential, if you want to compare the power hugo can output to what power e12a can output. 

Short line, if you need a portable amp, e12 is the best possible at it's price.

The Matrix HPA2 is approx. twice as much $$$ as the E12.
It also sounds better than the E12, fuller, clearer, more open sounding.

Apr 14, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #3,499 of 3,739
He said best at its price. I've heard good things about the Cayin C5, which is as powerful and around the same price. More open, fuller, etc., but haven't auditioned it myself.

Apr 14, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #3,500 of 3,739
The Matrix HPA2 is approx. twice as much $$$ as the E12.
It also sounds better than the E12, fuller, clearer, more open sounding.

I also listened to hpa2. indeed, it is better. 

Sorry, sometimes i get prices confused, as by converting the prices a few times, i loose track of what each piece costs. hpa2 is more expensive in here too, i omitted that.

the main difference between the question and my answer would be that hpa2 is not portable by any means, but i would strongly advice it for hd800, instead of e12, if portability is not a concern. If one needs a portable amp, e12 is amazing considering it's price.
He said best at its price. I've heard good things about the Cayin C5, which is as powerful and around the same price. More open, fuller, etc., but haven't auditioned it myself.

i had not heared c5 either, i am kind of curious. If it ever arrives in Romania, i am sure to give it a listen!

About my question, i am still searching for a method of carrying a stacked x5+e12a, and did not found a solution.

Apr 14, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #3,501 of 3,739

Users who are viewing this thread

Back