FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Mar 8, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #2,476 of 2,501
Hello to all
i am a newbie on fiio M9. unfortunelly the device is very slow so i tried to uninstall some apps. the system has now a little more memory
i used adb shell pm list packages and then adb uninstall

altought i wish to root or tweak it anyway...but not pssible as far as i know.
could some one give me any comments about it?
thanks
Reply: That is a small problem! I bought the M9 here in Israel at even a higher price. We pay much for international shipping as well as a high customs tax and regular tax very high. WORSE, I bought it 8 months ago, it came with Japanese and not English and I have no idea how to change the language to English and begin to use it (or my Sennheiser earphones). Do you have any idea how to change to English? For me this was a very big expense and we don't have a market for audiophiles who can sell expensive audio equipment and buy even more expensive. Like the guy says to go up to M11. If he buys me one, maybe I will. IF you know how to change the language can you help? I will have to navigate through Japanese to do it! FiiO support is crap. One thing I learned in audio is that even $9,000 IEM's are going to have drawbacks. We all KNOW that the rich are usually not at all happy. Same with Audiophiles who are : Poor, or so -so, Lower Middle Class economically, Upper Middle, ,wealthy, very wealthy or super rich.IF you love audio expect to be flummoxed ,confused and disappointed.

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #2,477 of 2,501
can you share some screeshtots?
click the wheel setting on status bar
then :
purple icon - General - the 7th icon on the list
after choose the 8th option
then the 1st option
then 2nd option - add language
then choose any...try one by one
say if it works

Reply: That is a small problem! I bought the M9 here in Israel at even a higher price. We pay much for international shipping as well as a high customs tax and regular tax very high. WORSE, I bought it 8 months ago, it came with Japanese and not English and I have no idea how to change the language to English and begin to use it (or my Sennheiser earphones). Do you have any idea how to change to English? For me this was a very big expense and we don't have a market for audiophiles who can sell expensive audio equipment and buy even more expensive. Like the guy says to go up to M11. If he buys me one, maybe I will. IF you know how to change the language can you help? I will have to navigate through Japanese to do it! FiiO support is crap. One thing I learned in audio is that even $9,000 IEM's are going to have drawbacks. We all KNOW that the rich are usually not at all happy. Same with Audiophiles who are : Poor, or so -so, Lower Middle Class economically, Upper Middle, ,wealthy, very wealthy or super rich.IF you love audio expect to be flummoxed ,confused and disappointed.

Mar 9, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #2,479 of 2,501

So you bought the Japanese version and not the international version. You probably will not be able to switch to english on the player if it is an Asian market version (no english option).

All DAP's intended for the international market will default to english for initial setup. The fact it was Japanese should have been a red flag that you got the wrong region version.

1. Try and flash the unit to an international firmware version. See if you can get a japanese version of the user manual online or see if Fiio will email you one. Copy and paste it into google and translate it to english. Once in english maybe you can figure it out by comparing the two languages and change the firmware (learn japanese on the fly).

2. Try to do a warranty claim, contact the seller and tell him the unit is unusable and you want a replacement under warranty. Once you make a warranty claim the seller likely won't brush you off and will try to remedy the situation. He may be able to help you flash the firmware at the very least. If the site didn't indicate it was a japanese version or if it didn't say it on your invoice then the seller is as much to blame for the mixup if not more.

Eight months in you are kind of screwed at this point but I would push it hard with the seller and try to get something out of it. Maybe he would take it back if you pay for the return shipping and send you a replacement. I wouldn't count on much help from Fiio, unfortunately the stock answer is contact the seller if you have any problems with the unit.

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #2,483 of 2,501
You could find how to change the language from the FAQ page of the M9:

https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/131226.html

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 10, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #2,484 of 2,501
hi there !
what player you guys are using?
poweramp if very very fast but i cannot define the audio setting so that it sound for example as fiio music or wavelet on a phone.
if possible can anyone share poweramp setting for bluetooth or audioplayers that work ok?
has anyone achieved to install usb audio player?

a hint: install and store market apk ...for example acm light and installation is quicker

Jul 19, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #2,489 of 2,501
I don’t know if this was mention here, with Apple OTG Adapter, you can use the M9 as a DAC with your iPhone.

The DD-Hifi TC28i will also work, if you want a smaller adapter.

Update: the TC28i will not work, because it doesn’t support charging and I guess the M9 will not go in DAC, if it’s not charging..

Attachments

• 17D81006-88C7-4F08-99A7-896E82757BEB.jpeg
    17D81006-88C7-4F08-99A7-896E82757BEB.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back