FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Dec 19, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #871 of 2,501
I've noticed the "Recently Added" playlist doesn't really update itself after owning this product for a month or so...is there a fix for this, or is it there something I'm doing wrong to affect it? @FiiO @JamesFiiO

Dec 19, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #873 of 2,501
Think I may have to go for it! What cable did you buy?

There are some suppliers and dealers Head Fi have had problems with, I think, and the make of my Amazon MMCX balanced cable is one of those. It's on Amazon UK at £17.99. I assume some companies tried to get advantages in an inappropriate manner, so I understand how important it is to keep this site clean. The great thing, for me, about this site is that no manufacturer/dealer has inappropriate control. Because of that us mere mortals can support or question all these goodies we buy or hear about. We can enthuse or we can question. I can say for £17.99 it is a great cable.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #875 of 2,501
ann komm

Can you tell us your settings, pls? I own the XM3 and M9 and I have volume 60 at M9 and I don't know at XM3, connection via LDAC. This is more than enough for me. Do you have changed the settings such gain etc.?
I have the M9 volume at 80 and the headphones volume is at 100%. I'm not a loud music listener, so it is not that I am trying to blast it. It just seems odd that the volume setting is so different between wired and bluetooth.

Dec 19, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #876 of 2,501
I've noticed the "Recently Added" playlist doesn't really update itself after owning this product for a month or so...is there a fix for this, or is it there something I'm doing wrong to affect it? @FiiO @JamesFiiO
Mine is updating, but the tracks appear in alphabetical order rather than the order in which they are added.

Dec 19, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #877 of 2,501
Dont mean to be a nag but has anyone tested the left right balance function?

Hi there. I’ve used it and it works well. I have a slight imbalance so recently tested it with two notches to the right (R2) and it makes and appreciable and welcomed difference.

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #878 of 2,501
I started off using the 3.5mm headphone out on the M9 because I had never used a balanced earphone before. To try the balanced 2.5mm out, I bought a balanced 2.5mm MMCX cable for my Tin Audio T2 PRO IEMs. I am quite taken aback by the level of improvement that this brings. I'm very surprised at the difference.

I did the same with my KZ ZSA inEars and they sound astonishingly good with a balanced cable. So I am waiting for a pair of Massdrop X Noble X and then get a balanced cable for them too.

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #879 of 2,501
I've noticed playing offline Tidal tracks in HiFi (which is supposedly lossless) that the LED stays blue. Has anyone else noticed this? I can't tell if it means that I am not actually playing HiFi, or that the M9 doesn't recognize the file type correctly.

According to a post her from Fiio apps are like an outside DAC and therefore the color is blue even if it is HiRes material.

Dec 20, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #880 of 2,501
FiiO releases the new firmware FW1.0.3 for M9 - New added FiiO Link and AirPlay function
>>>More information

937756.jpg

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 20, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #881 of 2,501
FiiO releases the new firmware FW1.0.3 for M9 - New added FiiO Link and AirPlay function
>>>More information

937756.jpg

@JamesFiiO
So I'm writing this in the hope to get an answer from FiiO. To begin this I will just say the M9 is a great little DAP. It supports many of the ways I listen to music and I think it's sound quality is exceptional. But there is one aspect I find the FiiO M9 crippled, so please will FiiO or one of you guys out there help me? Some of you will have heard me going on about playing my music library (that I have on the M9) to my HiFi system. Using Bluetooth APTX-HD it is simple. Just connect the M9 in APTX-HD mode to my APTX-HD receiver which is connected to my Arcam DAC and HiFi...perfect. But would somebody from FiiO please tell me how I can play over WiFi, and not Bluetooth, to my HiFi directly from the FiiO M9. Using my Samsung mobile phone it is simple because many apps 'discover' my Arcam WiFi DAC and it's just as simple using WiFi as using Bluetooth. But on the M9 without the right software apps it's impossible, whether I connect to my Arcam Box Direct WiFi or through my own Virgin WiFi (Why would I want to use WiFi rather than Bluetooth? Because it sounds better. Just a little, but to me that is a lot). So FiiO my question is do I have to keep using my mobile Samsung phone if I want to play to my HiFi system over WiFi (and that is not a problem if I am clear about the M9's limits) or are you going to build in an app so we can cast to WiFi? If I have missed a simple method of playing through WiFi to my HiFi I apologise, but I do realistically think FiiO have missed something here. How do we cast from the M9 to WiFi speakers or a HiFi?? So FiiO are you going to build casting into the Fiio app or will you whitelist an app that can do this? Please respond. If you will not do this or cannot do this then fair enough I will still enjoy the FiiO M9 but will have to use my Samsung phone to Cast to my WiFi system. Apologies for going on about this but I have not had an answer.

Steve

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #882 of 2,501
OK, I love the AirPlay feature in the new firmware. Listening to my iPhone right now and Apple Music has never sounded so good! The ability to carry around hi-res files AND use my unlimited data plan to stream to the M9 is an awesome combo.

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #883 of 2,501
>>>More information

937756.jpg
The M9 indicates 1.0.2 is the latest version when I attempt to upgrade? Example: Even while on wifi (albeit non residential wifi)

Can the M9 be updated via a hotspot on an iPhone? Ex. I receive an authentication error when attempting to pair the iPhone wifi hot spot. I have unlimited LTE.

Are firmware & music downloads limited to home wifi network use only? Ex. No internet connectivity while on the go?

Ok...think it’s now working...but my other questions regarding hot spot use may still apply...unless I figure it out via further troubleshooting.
0A1E9934-F222-4A04-ABCC-D35B3C30A30A.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back