FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Nov 21, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #496 of 2,501
What software problems?? All the standard apps works great.... It's only some UI translation It's a great little player...
Track scanning issues.
Scanning issues persist. I found some tracks and even albums missing after searching in Artists category (they appear if Folder mode though). Rescanning didn't help: no matter how many times I performed it I received the same information - 12 new tracks added, but unfortunately nothing changed.

General Laggyness?
I also listen to 1-3hr mixes, downloaded from Mixcloud/Soundcloud etc. Depressing the Next/Skip button will fast forward your mix slowly. Skipping the track by moving the slider on the touch screen causes long pauses, and in a few cases the device to stop working, along with a warning message.
I have decided to sell my M9, it's too laggy for me I prefer the sound out of my ipad pro.

Hmm, well i guess it is a bit too early to judge the state of the Fiio M9. I'll see how it fares well after Fiio releases a few more firmware updates for the M9.

Nov 21, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #501 of 2,501
I couldn't justify paying $699 for the A&K sr 15... We'll see if it was a good decision...

My feeling exactly. After purchasing two high end DAPs with rudimentary problems, a failing screen and inaccurate battery meter were two caveats, these affordable portables
make more and more sense. Aesthetically, the M9 has the cosmetic appearance of the bigger brethren. Looking forward to hearing your reactions.

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #503 of 2,501
eBay has a 15%off discount for today only, and it is only accepted through the eBay app. I was able to get a discount on a new Fiio M9. It only cost me $254! I have been looking for the M9 on sale in the states, but Google searches were not turning up any US retailer, only UK. On Monday I tweeted the official Fiio Twitter account (@Fiio_Official) and asked when they would be available, in the US and they replied that they had limited quantities available at 2 US retailers. They also posted a link to an Authorized Dealer who was selling them on eBay for $300. The eBay 15% off code worked for me when I entered it today. That’s all I have....
One note - you have to click on a link on the bottom of the Checkout page to add in the code for the 15% off. It is a one time use code. If you want to buy more than one item, you can add several to the cart, and it should take 15% off of everything in the cart (up to $100 in discounts).

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #504 of 2,501
I just got my Fiio M9 today and sideloaded Spotify from the link in this thread on page 16 and then I hooked it up to my EarStudio ES100 Bluetooth adapter through 2.5 balanced & LDAC connection to the DGVP DM6 and I'm in pure Heaven.. I believe it's working great... So far I really have no complaints... Just make sure you go through all the settings because it has 3 different LDAC settings and it could cause some stuttering...I set mines to "LDAC Connection" working perfect now... The sound quality is really nice and the power seems to be waaay sufficient for iem & even some 300ohm headphones.. The screen is beautiful compared to many other players and build is solid... Battery life is good been playing LDAC for over 10 hours and I think I'm still 65% but I can't really judge that yet because I've been turning the screen on a lot messing with settings.. Idk how Fiio managed to pull off all these features for $299... If you could get it for $250 it's a real deal..btw I do mostly all my listening streaming though Spotify premium with the "very high" setting... But I did rip two CD's in 192 FLAC and the Fiio led turned purple and it played it perfect.. This might make me want to buy a huge sd card and start buying music..ohh God my wife's going to kill me or leave me..lol

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #505 of 2,501
eBay has a 15%off discount for today only, and it is only accepted through the eBay app. I was able to get a discount on a new Fiio M9. It only cost me $254! I have been looking for the M9 on sale in the states, but Google searches were not turning up any US retailer, only UK. On Monday I tweeted the official Fiio Twitter account (@Fiio_Official) and asked when they would be available, in the US and they replied that they had limited quantities available at 2 US retailers. They also posted a link to an Authorized Dealer who was selling them on eBay for $300. The eBay 15% off code worked for me when I entered it today. That’s all I have....
One note - you have to click on a link on the bottom of the Checkout page to add in the code for the 15% off. It is a one time use code. If you want to buy more than one item, you can add several to the cart, and it should take 15% off of everything in the cart (up to $100 in discounts).
Thanks for the heads up, just ordered my M9 and a 400gb card for under $350! Been eyeing it since it was announced. Should be a nice upgrade from my Cayin N3, especially since I use Tidal. Hopefully it will stack well with my Fiio A5 to drive high impedance cans!

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #506 of 2,501
Scanning issues persist. I found some tracks and even albums missing after searching in Artists category (they appear if Folder mode though). Rescanning didn't help: no matter how many times I performed it I received the same information - 12 new tracks added, but unfortunately nothing changed. The missing tracks work perfectly fine my other DAPs, namely Questyle QP1R, Fiio X5 II and Astell & Kern AK100 Mk2.
Has someone else experienced this kind of problem? Is there a cure for that?
Dear friend,

Would you mind sharing some music files to us for check?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 22, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #508 of 2,501
Has anyone tried DLNA on the M9?

Nov 22, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #510 of 2,501
I can't get it to work from the Fiio app. Bluetooth is very consistent on the M9 but any form of Wifi just struggles on the M9 in my experience.
That's a pity!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back