FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Jun 5, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #1,936 of 2,501
FiiO have constantly promised the firmware upgrade for M6/M9 from April. It's sad they are letting us down. I wish the M11 the best of luck, but there are loads of M9 owners out there who cannot afford to upgrade to the M11 and have already spent their hard earned money on the M9. They will be most definitely wondering why we are in June and no firmware update.

Jun 5, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #1,937 of 2,501
What specifically needs to be updated?

Jun 5, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #1,938 of 2,501
Reply to SonicDefender above:

Stability of FiiO music app appears to diminish in proportion to the length of time M9 is left on without restart or reboot, ie the longer without reboot the more glitches appear, the more unreliable it becomes. That happy FiiO song appears on the screen in between every change of song or album; song titles appear in Asian characters; touch screen less responsive; top screen, pull down widget (or whatever) displays wrong music file; just now had no sound coming from iems until I chose an entirely different album. Not to mention persistent album art display issues in grid view.
I still enjoy M9 but boy I hope the update takes care of all this weirdness

Furthermore, key lock settings become unengaged/deactivate when player hasn’t been used for several hours.

Jun 16, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #1,939 of 2,501
Is there any information when there will be a new update. I'm asking because I'm interested in adding new apps. Whether there is a chance to add apple music and / or youtube music? I also want to express my satisfaction with the M9. The sound is very good, Tidal works great. I did not have any problems with wi-fi. I guess you works mainly on M11, but in M9 you have a wonderful DAP too.

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #1,940 of 2,501
So I was debating whether to get the FiiO M11 at a good discount. But couldn't feel that I would carry such a large DAP around with me. Silly thought because I have the M9 (and the M6) anyway. I wanted to upgrade sound. After seeing some reviews I went for the TFZ No.3 IEM. Wow. I can say nothing more except they made my TinHiFi T2s and T3s sound insipid. Big bold sound.

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #1,941 of 2,501
So tfz no.3 sounds good with m9 ? Nice... As i have m9 and tfz is coming to me. Now listening m9 with kanas pro and with balanced it sounds amazing. Wanted to buy m11 but it is much bigger and m9 is good size to carry with me so the same as you think m11 not so good choice as it is much bigger.
Perhaps only sound is upgrade and not so big. Next week will listen it. Ofcourse speed if you need it but still i think music player isn't mobile phone

Jun 20, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #1,942 of 2,501
So tfz no.3 sounds good with m9 ? Nice... As i have m9 and tfz is coming to me. Now listening m9 with kanas pro and with balanced it sounds amazing. Wanted to buy m11 but it is much bigger and m9 is good size to carry with me so the same as you think m11 not so good choice as it is much bigger.
Perhaps only sound is upgrade and not so big. Next week will listen it. Ofcourse speed if you need it but still i think music player isn't mobile phone

I hope you like the TFZ No.3. I think your Kanas pros will be much closer to the TFZ than my T3s....but I'm sure you will like the bold sound. Keep us up with how you feel about them.

Jun 23, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #1,948 of 2,501
I have a lot of Fiio productors, but this is going to be the last purchase I made (M9), I think it's a slow and completely unfinished product that lacks a lot of things to do. The house promised to do things it is not doing ... now only the M1 is dedicated to its new product, completely forgetting the M9. We need more applications that work, especially alternative players, EQ, etc ... it is a linux & android product, it should be easy to implement it.
Yes if more people will be asking then perhaps fiio will answer something as for now i see they completely abandoned m9 and this forum.
I have a lot of Fiio productors, but this is going to be the last purchase I made (M9), I think it's a slow and completely unfinished product that lacks a lot of things to do. The house promised to do things it is not doing ... now only the M1 is dedicated to its new product, completely forgetting the M9. We need more applications that work, especially alternative players, EQ, etc ... it is a linux & android product, it should be easy to implement it. Fiio has the key .....

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #1,949 of 2,501
I agree that m9 is unfinished product. It have good sound hardware but not the working processor and ofcourse not polished software. They polished(almoust) it with m11. But as we see now they perhaps newer will polish m9. Its sad because for me m9 is more portable type player and better form factor than m11. It is as it should be for such type of portable devices With better cpu and better software it could be real hit. But these things i mention makes it hardly usable after we all now see many fast and good optimised mobile product. Especially in streaming department. Fiio you have to change your policy here.

Jun 23, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #1,950 of 2,501
I don’t totally agree. The M9 is very much designed for portable use,with the Fiio music app. Used this way it does everything it should,and does it superbly. The CPU is perfectly adequate for this. However,I speak as someone who doesn’t stream and primarily use the M9 for its excellent Bluetooth. I love it,and I do have the M11 too. They are designed for different needs and I think they are both excellent. I would say that it’s well overdue a firmware update and this is regrettable,Fiio need to look after all their customers and the M9 is still a new device. Makes me wonder if they will abandon the M11 when the new daps scheduled for this year appear. They are meant to be high end and I can assure you firmwear updates for the x7ii appear to be nothing but a memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back