Fiio m6 Tidal error
May 21, 2020 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Johnnn

New Head-Fier
Hi
When opening the Tidal app on the m6 I get stuck trying to log in. ”Login failed due to an unexpected network error, please try again” Have tried resetting router and factory reset on the m6 to no avail. My connection and Tidal works fine on another unit, and been good on the m6 before. Any ideas how to fix the issue??

Thank you

May 23, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi
When opening the Tidal app on the m6 I get stuck trying to log in. ”Login failed due to an unexpected network error, please try again” Have tried resetting router and factory reset on the m6 to no avail. My connection and Tidal works fine on another unit, and been good on the m6 before. Any ideas how to fix the issue??

Thank you

Hey John!

Sorry this is coming in a couple days late!
I just got my M6 and ran into the same problem. FiiO recommends Factory Resetting and/or deleting Tidal's cache. Don't bother, it won't work!
I had to uninstall Tidal from the M6 and then download the newest version as APK file to transfer onto the device.
Unfortunately, I'm not able to attach the APK file I have to this forum, nor can I remember the website I got it from. I remember downloading one APK file of Tidal and it not working. The second one I found did, however, and I believe it's because I made sure to download a version of the APK file that was "universal" instead of only applicable to most recent Android OS's.

May 26, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #3 of 7
Hey John!

Sorry this is coming in a couple days late!
I just got my M6 and ran into the same problem. FiiO recommends Factory Resetting and/or deleting Tidal's cache. Don't bother, it won't work!
I had to uninstall Tidal from the M6 and then download the newest version as APK file to transfer onto the device.
Unfortunately, I'm not able to attach the APK file I have to this forum, nor can I remember the website I got it from. I remember downloading one APK file of Tidal and it not working. The second one I found did, however, and I believe it's because I made sure to download a version of the APK file that was "universal" instead of only applicable to most recent Android OS's.

Hi everyone. I have the same problem with a Fiio M6 from some days ago. I've tried to download and reinstall a different .apk, but it doesn't work. I bought this product basically for using Tidal, and now it is quite useless to me. I will really appreciate your help.

May 26, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #4 of 7
Hi everyone. I have the same problem with a Fiio M6 from some days ago. I've tried to download and reinstall a different .apk, but it doesn't work. I bought this product basically for using Tidal, and now it is quite useless to me. I will really appreciate your help.

Yeah... There's an apk file of Tidal from apk mirror (I believe) that's designated a "universal" file. I downloaded that and it worked for me.
You might have to reboot after download.

May 26, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #5 of 7
Yeah... There's an apk file of Tidal from apk mirror (I believe) that's designated a "universal" file. I downloaded that and it worked for me.
You might have to reboot after download.

Thanks! I will try it again. Would you give me some advice for an especific version? I've tried with 2.11.2, 2.11.3, 2.11.8.

Update: Problem Solved. I used version 2.24. Thank you!.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #6 of 7
Did you guys fix it? I ran into the same error today on my fiio m6 and I have no idea how to fix it... I also wanna ask if I record the MQA track (I have Tidal HiFi subscription) with Audacity or other software I found like Tidal Downloader Mac and play the recorded files on my fiio, will I be able to hear the difference? Any reply would be much appreciated.

Sep 27, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #7 of 7
https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/139014.html

Go there and download the TIDAL apk.

Connect M6 to PC.
Transfer it across.
Go back to M6 and install it (use File Manager)

I'm sure you'd be best uninstalling it first on the M6 before going thru this for a fresh install.

Any problems PM me.

It's a pain in the ass when it happens.

Have you got the latest firmware for M6?
___

I'm not sure going to that trouble would have any discernible improvement. if you have the subscription why don't you just download the songs thru TIDAL app to use offline on the M6? It's going to be the same song and compression/format as streaming I'm sure. Just min to go to the Tidal app settings on the M6 and make sure your memory card is download destination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back