[FiiO M5] Compact and Versatile Hi-Res Music Player
Jul 29, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #256 of 773
Can you able to test the Fiio M5 able to bluetooth while feeding it to an external dac such as chord mojo? In other word, does the fiio m5 have the shanling functionality?
NO it does not. We have been trying to get the manufacturer to confirm whether or not this will/can be added in a future update.

Jul 29, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #257 of 773
NO it does not. We have been trying to get the manufacturer to confirm whether or not this will/can be added in a future update.

dayum almost going to buy this, but i would just stick with shanling m0 for now.

Jul 29, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #258 of 773
dayum almost going to buy this, but i would just stick with shanling m0 for now.
That is the kicker. I prefer the Fiio M5 more than the Shanling M0 in almost every aspect EXCEPT for this. The BT transport functionality is why I got the Shanling in the first place. Hopefully the manufacturer will respond again (previously responded why the M5 doesn't have this feature, but many wondering if it can be added in a firmware update)...

Jul 29, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #259 of 773
At some point in the development cycle of a software-based product the manufacturer has to decide that the progress with features is sufficient to release it. That doesn't mean it has all the features they'd like to offer, but they've got it to a stage that they have a usable product. There are also considerations towards ensuring that the primary features are stable and the only way they'll ever know that is to release the product after testing as best they are able.

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #260 of 773
At some point in the development cycle of a software-based product the manufacturer has to decide that the progress with features is sufficient to release it. That doesn't mean it has all the features they'd like to offer, but they've got it to a stage that they have a usable product. There are also considerations towards ensuring that the primary features are stable and the only way they'll ever know that is to release the product after testing as best they are able.
Ok. In that case, for those concerned about this feature, its better to wait and see if this feature comes out before jumping into buying , like me. There are few things that the shanling m0 annoys me. This fixed that, but took a step back on the major use case point for mojo users like me.

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #261 of 773
Could Fiio come up with a road map for customer's with existing Fiio device.

Like people with (or):
BTR3
Fiio M6
Fiio M7
Fiio M9
Fiio M11

Who would likely benefit to get:
M5
BTR5

For instance, people with M6 can do Aptx HD transmit, but will need the M5 to do Aptx HD receive.

Jul 30, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #266 of 773
Can you able to test the Fiio M5 able to bluetooth while feeding it to an external dac such as chord mojo? In other word, does the fiio m5 have the shanling functionality?
Unfortunately not. It has been said in some previous posts, the people from fiio said that the m5's processor cannot do these two tasks simultaneously. If you want your mojo to be wireless without getting a poly, you'll have to get a shanling m0. But it doesn't support in-line mic as the m5.

Jul 30, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #267 of 773
Unfortunately not. It has been said in some previous posts, the people from fiio said that the m5's processor cannot do these two tasks simultaneously. If you want your mojo to be wireless without getting a poly, you'll have to get a shanling m0. But it doesn't support in-line mic as the m5.
One other note that makes the Shanling M0 just shy of perfect for this is that it can serve as a BT transport only using SBC or LDAC. Unfortunately AptX is not available for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back